Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordrak View Post
    No, it's not a hate group. It's an outright terrorist group, and the private army of George Soros.
    Jesus fucking Christ, talk about conspiracy bullshit. Who's alt are you?

Remember, pretending your minority group is discriminated against gains you more and more privilege. That's the trend in today's society.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Came across this piece today. (a bit old but not much has changed / still relevant today)

Since many on the right are confused by this issue, claiming the opposition is "just as bad"....

SOURCE
    This article is lame. It basically says that, just because BLM didnt say the same things Black Panther said, then they cannot be considered a hate group. But he convenently forgets BLM chants for death of cops.

For me the SLPC lost all credibility when it decided to mark some actual Islam critics, both former and one that is still a Muslim, as "Anti-Muslim Extremists". These people are looking to reform Islam and the SLPC goes "nope, you're Muslim haters and we're gonna put you in what is basically a blacklist". So I'm not gonna believe them saying that BLM isn't a hate group.

Many of its harshest critics claim that Black Lives Matter’s very name is anti-white, hence the oft-repeated rejoinder “all lives matter.” This notion misses the point entirely. Black lives matter because they have been marginalized throughout our country’s history and because white lives have always mattered more in our society. As BLM puts it, the movement stands for “the simple proposition that ‘black lives also matter.’”
    I think "All lives matter" came from a latino, because latinos also experience similar problems, but no one gives a shit about them unless they are needed to bloat numbers under the umbrella term "POC".

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    This article is lame. It basically says that, just because BLM didnt say the same things Black Panther said, then they cannot be considered a hate group. But he convenently forgets BLM chants for death of cops.
    Actually that is specifically addressed in the article.

guys stop. "minorities" cant be racist.

I lost all respect for the SPLC when they put Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Maajid Nawaz on their list of anti-Muslim extremists. Last I heard Maajid is actually suing them because he's not just going to sit and take it when a bunch of white people from Alabama label him, a Muslim, as an anti-Muslim extremist.

On the topic of BLM, they're close enough to a hate group that I don't see a relevant distinction. They're about as radical as the alt-right, which I also consider to be a hate group. I also don't fuss too much about labels though unless I think it matters.

You can quibble over whether BLM or the alt-right technically is or isn't a hate group all you want. I wouldn't invite either over for dinner and a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordrak View Post
    No, it's not a hate group. It's an outright terrorist group, and the private army of George Soros.
    Oh look, a burner account (i suppose)!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I am too dead inside to even care anymore, let me play my games while the world burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Remember, pretending your minority group is discriminated against gains you more and more privilege. That's the trend in today's society.
    Take a sociology course before commenting on trends in society.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I am too dead inside to even care anymore, let me play my games while the world burns.
    I mean, yeah. Sleepy raiding right now so ehhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    guys stop. "minorities" cant be racist.
    The very article I posted says that they can.

The depiction of BLM as a hate group is a straight up tactic of the alt right and other real hate groups to create a strawman to justify their own existence.

BLM is a hashtag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just going to run off into forbidden topics, so I'm locking this here.