Need a new monitor. Help?

Alright, so within the next couple of weeks I'm finally going to have enough saved to buy my new PC. I'll list that below. I completely slept on the fact that I'll need and new monitor to go along with it. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out a good option for the 1080 ti. Is getting a 1440p 144hz monitor worth the price? Or would a 1440p 75hz monitor work just as well? Is Gsync a feature I should go out of my way to obtain? Or does it not matter as much? I would prefer to keep the price low obviously, but I do understand that a 1440p monitor will be expensive. Help would be much appreciated

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.89 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($32.45 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($203.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($126.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.64 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.99 @ Best Buy)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card ($769.00 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($139.99 @ B&H)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1842.82
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-16 00:24 EDT-0400

Deleted
    No one can answer this for you really.

For me, the difference between 144hz and 75hz is night and day but I play fast FPS mainly (though I can't get by in desktop with 60hz now). 1440p is far less important to me than latency and I'd opt for a 144hz 24" 1080p over 1440p60 on a 27".

If you are able to visit a place that will demo 144hz for you, or have a friend with a high refresh rate panel, this is the best way to feel the difference. You get an immediacy, and a feeling of being more in touch when playing on a high hz panel, such that I find it far easier to "flow" on one. If you play slower games and look at the scenery more then the difference may not matter to you.

For the same reason I just accept tearing and use no adaptive sync, as they all increase latency. The majority of people are probably happier removing tearing and coping with the latency overhead imposed.
    I don't have any experience with adaptive Vsync and so cannot compare it with Gsync, Gsync works as intended though, removing tearing and not displaying the same hitching that Vsync does; whether that is worth the premium to you is personal.

I watch this bloke for netcode analysis, but this seems to be quite decent for adaptive sync also -Battle(non)sense - FreeSync vs. G-Sync Delay Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    No one can answer this for you really.

For me, the difference between 144hz and 75hz is night and day but I play fast FPS mainly (though I can't get by in desktop with 60hz now). 1440p is far less important to me than latency and I'd opt for a 144hz 24" 1080p over 1440p60 on a 27".

If you are able to visit a place that will demo 144hz for you, or have a friend with a high refresh rate panel, this is the best way to feel the difference. You get an immediacy, and a feeling of being more in touch when playing on a high hz panel, such that I find it far easier to "flow" on one. If you play slower games and look at the scenery more then the difference may not matter to you.

For the same reason I just accept tearing and use no adaptive sync, as they all increase latency. The majority of people are probably happier removing tearing and coping with the latency overhead imposed.
    I don't have any experience with adaptive Vsync and so cannot compare it with Gsync, Gsync works as intended though, removing tearing and not displaying the same hitching that Vsync does; whether that is worth the premium to you is personal.

I watch this bloke for netcode analysis, but this seems to be quite decent for adaptive sync also -Battle(non)sense - FreeSync vs. G-Sync Delay Analysis
    Perfect response and basically what I would have said. Monitor choice is highly dependent on your personal preferences. Personally, since I play mainly RPG type games and enjoy the scenery. Personally, I would go for a 1440p 144hz with G-Sync. This way, when I am not getting 144hz, I will not be locked to a multiple of that from V-Sync. Tearing drives me nuts and really breaks immersion for me, so I prefer to have some sort of Sync. With G-Sync on a 144hz panel, in situations where I am not above 144hz, I can be at the FPS I am getting. So in a situation where I am getting 100 FPS, my monitor will be displaying 100 FPS. With V-Sync, my monitor would be displaying 72FPS not 100FPS. So I would go for G-Sync as it will keep my graphics card relevant for longer.