Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It is disappointing damage, I agree. I tend to use sword/axe in renegade to use the utility skills there, works pretty well.
    I have sword/axe as backup too, I'm just happy revenant has another option for ranged damage next to the derpy hammer
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    I have sword/axe as backup too, I'm just happy revenant has another option for ranged damage next to the derpy hammer
    Its the condition ranged option they needed. The downside is kalla herself. She is the most energy expensive hero and the utility she brings is worthless.

You could go 100% alacrity build but you would be useless because all your energy is used up so its not worth it over chrono

As for dps the best dps is channeling your elite swapping to mallyx then channeling that elite. Its completely boring.

Elite specs are suppose change the way you play and renegade fails at every mark
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Using Dagger/Rifle, only because the Rifle is new. I find the Rifle great for those moment where I have to kite, or in massive world events where melee are fucked and I need to stand at range.

Using Deadeye/Crit/Trickery, not put huge thought into that though, but its not let me down.
    I was Deadeye/Crit/Trickery and switched crit for Deadly just to tinker with. I'd heard Deadeye worked better with pistols than rifle, so was curious about a double dagger, double pistol build, but been running around getting HP for Soulbeast so didn't tinker much yet.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I was Deadeye/Crit/Trickery and switched crit for Deadly just to tinker with. I'd heard Deadeye worked better with pistols than rifle, so was curious about a double dagger, double pistol build, but been running around getting HP for Soulbeast so didn't tinker much yet.
    I will try Pistols soon then.

Rifle is a very safe option in world events from my experience so far.

I'm also using Acrobatics, not Trickery, was at work when I wrote that.

I didn't use Deadly because I wasn't sure if I still had steal lol, I'm now certain i do.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-09-29 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I will try Pistols soon then.

Rifle is a very safe option in world events from my experience so far.

I'm also using Acrobatics, not Trickery, was at work when I wrote that.

I didn't use Deadly because I wasn't sure if I still had steal lol, I'm now certain i do.
    Yeah, all the Steal stuff works with the Deadeye thing, as long as I remember to use it...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Just found out that renegade elite skill damage portion got stealth nerfed by half.

Yes anet nerf it. It already does terrible dps nerf it more

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, all the Steal stuff works with the Deadeye thing, as long as I remember to use it...
    It's too OP not to use!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Just found out that renegade elite skill damage portion got stealth nerfed by half.

Yes anet nerf it. It already does terrible dps nerf it more
    Wow really? that level of stupid is impressive :/
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Wow really? that level of stupid is impressive :/
    clearly they want people to use it for it's healing support rather than damage. So why does it do damage at all? The entire spec is designed retardedly and doesn't change gameplay like an elite spec should like mirage, chronomancer, scourge etc. It's just a +condition damage trait line and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    clearly they want people to use it for it's healing support rather than damage. So why does it do damage at all? The entire spec is designed retardedly and doesn't change gameplay like an elite spec should like mirage, chronomancer, scourge etc. It's just a +condition damage trait line and that's it.
    Bugged or did they actually nerf it?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried pistols, get some lovely high numbers, I think it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Bugged or did they actually nerf it?
    Noped nerfed, the wiki was updated for it

Deleted
    Gazelle hitting people for 15k to 40k.
    Good job on balance once again ANet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Granted, I play GW2 just here and there and am far from an expert. But, not to be negative, they seem a bit dull to me. I dislike the Scourge the most ... seems so far off class identity. I dunno.
    This is my problem. I watched a video showing them off and I just don't get it. Not ONE of them appealed to me. I play a guardian to use melee weapons. So why would I want to spec into using a bow?

Since wow went into reruns I picked GW2 up again which I only got to level 25 ranger back when the game released. I started a new account because I had forgotten how to play the game. I found around level 20 ranger bored me again. I then tried necromancer because I heard good things about scourge and Reaper but I found I couldn’t enjoy regular necromancer long enough to level up to there. Yes I could level boost to max but I want to explore the game from start and work my way through it right now so I tried Mesmer.

I have found that I really like Mesmer and I am level 30 now. Still feels good. I’ve joined a guild that does everything actively and as a noob I want to know;

What are the playstyles of endgame Mesmer, chronomancer and mirage? I like being dps more than a healer or tank, though healing isn’t out of the question I just prefer dps.
    Which of the three is in more demand in raids? Pvp?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

What are the playstyles of endgame Mesmer, chronomancer and mirage? I like being dps more than a healer or tank, though healing isn’t out of the question I just prefer dps.
    Which of the three is in more demand in raids? Pvp?
    Chronomancer is all about that f5 and distributing alacrity. The new F5 will essentially let you use all your skills and CDS twice if you do it correctly while at the same time applying alacrity reducing your and other CDS even more. It's a very supportive offensive spec. Mirage playstyle is really the current mesmer playstyle except better, it feels like this is what mesmer needed before elite specs were even a thing. You lose dodge but gain evades and super speed and deal a lot of condition damage and compliments shatter extremely well. It's pure damage.

As far as healing go mesmer healing is pathetic. You got only one option which is mantra and it's garbage.

There's also zero reason to use base mesmer once you have access to mirage since mirage is literally just a better mesmer. People actually don't want it to be an elite spec because it's honestly just a mesmer.

- - - Updated - - -

also you do know every zone scales right? You should just level boost and get access to everything and the zone will scale to you to it's level and you get rewarded for level 80. If you're just going to complete everything anyway you might as well get a jump start.
    Last edited by zito; 2018-01-29 at 03:43 AM.

Chronomancer is all about that f5 and distributing alacrity. The new F5 will essentially let you use all your skills and CDS twice if you do it correctly while at the same time applying alacrity reducing your and other CDS even more. It's a very supportive offensive spec. Mirage playstyle is really the current mesmer playstyle except better, it feels like this is what mesmer needed before elite specs were even a thing. You lose dodge but gain evades and super speed and deal a lot of condition damage and compliments shatter extremely well. It's pure damage.

As far as healing go mesmer healing is pathetic. You got only one option which is mantra and it's garbage.

There's also zero reason to use base mesmer once you have access to mirage since mirage is literally just a better mesmer. People actually don't want it to be an elite spec because it's honestly just a mesmer.

- - - Updated - - -

also you do know every zone scales right? You should just level boost and get access to everything and the zone will scale to you to it's level and you get rewarded for level 80. If you're just going to complete everything anyway you might as well get a jump start.
    I didnt know it rewarded me level 80 rewards for doing low level stuff, so thanks for the tips.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didnt know it rewarded me level 80 rewards for doing low level stuff, so thanks for the tips.
    Yea levels in this game are extremely pointless. Only there for an artificial sense of growth and content gating. In alpha it was discussed actually removing them but the game was far too along for such a change

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronomancer plays the role of tank/boonshare power house...maybe too well because people expect you to be play boon sharing chrono or do enough dps in mirage to justify not going chrono. With that said, Mirage does very good damage and an interesting alternative playstyle (different dodge mechanic, nots of flashy moves). Like zito said, base Mesmer is basically trash now compared to its elite specs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There's also zero reason to use base mesmer once you have access to mirage since mirage is literally just a better mesmer.
    I think there is a reason if you don't have full Viper set.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though