Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zen Flight. Slow Fall - In Combat

WHY is this not a thing. Why is Zen Flight not a slow fall in combat..... When we get hit, in combat, on the cloud, whats with the parachute... Why don't we just glide down on the cloud like a slowfall, make it react how other slow fall/levitates do in combat.

Why do monks of all classes have an issue with heights ... WW Can't even make use of their hidden artifact ability unless if they are Pandaran to a minor degree.

What do you all think?... Will we ever get Zen Flight as a SLOW FALL in combat!? Just seems to make sense from QoL and Lore....
    It probably won't be a mount(I'd way rather it be a slow fall anyways.)

I think this belongs to the rant thread, but as this forum as 0 moderators will remain as a stand alone topic for no reason.

on topic: I'm a panda so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, it's frustrating.

No, blizzard will do nothing about it.

So does anyone have any confidence Blizzard will show some attention to monk in Lore and QoL? Cause I have like 8-9 110's and the Monks was by far the most underwhelming.... The only redeeming factor was the Ban-Lu & the Mount quest. That was done well.... And that gave me hope.

I still don't know why the Monk campaign wasn't focused on the Monk going through an inner journey by defending each of the celestial & their temples, using the lessons learned to beat the "demon witch" that attacked our order.

I REALLY WANT Zen Flight to be a slow fall........

7+ Year Old Account
    I use Zen Flight almost every single day as a way to remount in the air to escape a multitude of things. As far as I'm concerned, having an instant cast flying mount is a huge QoL thing. I do think that monks should have some kind of passive fall damage reduction though, or at least water walking (that one has literally been shown in the Taran Zhu vs Garrosh fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    I use Zen Flight almost every single day as a way to remount in the air to escape a multitude of things. As far as I'm concerned, having an instant cast flying mount is a huge QoL thing. I do think that monks should have some kind of passive fall damage reduction though, or at least water walking (that one has literally been shown in the Taran Zhu vs Garrosh fight).
    Exactly it's weird monks don't have a slow fall, landing ability, blink, leap, something......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    Exactly it's weird monks don't have a slow fall, landing ability, blink, leap, something......
    Guessing that has more to do with gameplay balancing rather than Lore. They don't want to give even more mobility to an already very mobile class.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Guessing that has more to do with gameplay balancing rather than Lore. They don't want to give even more mobility to an already very mobile class.

I hate to be that guy, but they didn't have a problem giving DH's all of that... Most DH's can easily keep up with Monks (It doesn't matter if their mobility is built into their attacks, they can still use it for that purpose) additional to that they can't die due to fall damage while Monks can.

Use Avalanche Elixirs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but they didn't have a problem giving DH's all of that... Most DH's can easily keep up with Monks (It doesn't matter if their mobility is built into their attacks, they can still use it for that purpose) additional to that they can't die due to fall damage while Monks can.
    Exactly... Everyone talks about monk mobility, and i've main'd one since day one. I also have a high ilvl DH ive been doing end game pvp and content with. DH feel WAY WAY WAY more mobile in actual combat than monks.

BOTH from game-play and lore-reasons I cant stand monks not dealing with fall damage. For Legions Class fantasy focus, and the fact they dont seem to care much about monks or monk lore (probably cause class population and financially speaking why spend resources on the least paying customer played class)
    WHY dont we have a skillful way to land, or cloud/mist slow fall. Blows me away.

What about Teran Zhu landing and launching off the water.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Use Avalanche Elixirs.

ewww no.

I've been irritated about this since before legion and downright mad after the ww secret artifact weapon thing wont even proc w/o me taking damage unless i use a potion or glider.... ugh.

While rolling, you take no fall damage. Boom. Ezpz, cool, fits monk theme, and actually makes sense.

Of course, it won't be implemented because it makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixphaeton View Post
    While rolling, you take no fall damage. Boom. Ezpz, cool, fits monk theme, and actually makes sense.

Of course, it won't be implemented because it makes too much sense.
    1) No fall damage is absolutely OP. Should be at least "much less".

2) Pretty sure it's hard to implement mechanically. It's not blink where you instantly teleports forward, but actual move. Damn, we still can't even roll/torpedo while jumping.

More quality of life things would be better. I'd be happy if I could just have damage healing again!! In the meanwhile try to use your transcendence to avoid taking fall damage in raids.

Honestly they should just make chi torpedo baseline and make it mechanically work like felrush.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

2) Pretty sure it's hard to implement mechanically. It's not blink where you instantly teleports forward, but actual move. Damn, we still can't even roll/torpedo while jumping.
    Sub rogues get complete fall damage immunity baseline, so there'd be nothing wrong with timing a roll to avoid fall damage. Also, all they would need to do is to give you an invisible buff for the duration of the roll that immunes you against fall damage. Easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    Honestly they should just make chi torpedo baseline and make it mechanically work like felrush.....
    Fun fact: it was like that in WoD. To the point where Torpedo was a Monk's hardest hitting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

sub rogue does not take ANY falldamage WHATSOEVER! they have a trait completly removing all fall damage.
    so no, no fall dama guring a 0.5 sec animation, considering lag, is NOT OP

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    sub rogue does not take ANY falldamage WHATSOEVER! they have a trait completly removing all fall damage.
    so no, no fall dama guring a 0.5 sec animation, considering lag, is NOT OP
    Yes, I know, so do warriors, mages, etc

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Fun fact: it was like that in WoD. To the point where Torpedo was a Monk's hardest hitting ability.
    Yes... I remember... I was there played since vanilla, and* mained monk since mop...

And you misunderstood me. I didn't intend to imply adding damage to chi torpedo. I mean to make it's mechanical movement like that of felrush I.E. not needing ground to move forward. Just like felrush no damage with chi torpedo animation. Then we could use it to avoid fall damage and not cripple it's use in air, under water, in a jump etc.... This should be the thing monks advocate for.
    Last edited by Vexfu; 2017-08-24 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Oh I see.
    A cool, thematic thing would be to use FSK to "basejump" akin to how Warriors cancel fall damage with Heroic Leap. The second activation could be made to cancel fall damage, which looks like a neat little use for a 30s movement cd anyway.