Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yeah I am afraid of flying. The reason is because of not only terrorists but also something could break on the plane and make it crash.
    Extremely rare. Commercial planes are built with so many redundancies and go through so many inspections, it's rare that a mechanical error can bring down an airplane. On top of that, pilots go through about a gazillion hours of simulated emergency drills that cover almost every possibility. The evidence is clear, the rate of airline crashes in the last few years is much less than what it was decades ago.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Yeah its really not something i should do but its the only thing that seems to steady my nerves.

I honestly cant put into words how much i hate it and how much it terrifies me but i have to visit family in a few weeks.
    I'm just saying, I had a family member die on that combo. He didn't take any more than the prescribed amount and had a couple beers. I'd sooner take a double dose than mix it with alcohol.

Nah. I fly all the time and traveled extensively before having kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let these people fool you thousands have died trying to fly in one of those propelled death traps of steel, while it's flung through the air by God knows what. And honestly do you know who's flying the damn thing, where is his pilots license, what kind of grades did this one get.

Better hope you aren't on one of those cheap deals where they cut back on extras like "Fuel" yeah you heard me right, they don't even fill the damn things up all the way, it's the airlines hair brain scheme to cut cost.

Guess you better arrive eventually on someone else's schedule.

Not to mention you are 35,000 feet in the air, they say more people die in car accidents, but I think I would take my chances rather than riding one of those things to my death and likely hell as the incendiary death trap of twisted metal burns while you full speed right into the god damn ground at near break neck speeds.

NOO NOO, if God had meant man to fly you know.

At least that is what my dog says, and he has been dead for 3 years.

So yeah listen to your instincts OR ignore them and me, everybody else does.

Airplanes are the safest way to travel, next to riding Hindenburg
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Are You Afraid Of Flying?

How many people here are terrified of flying in any form?

I live in the USA but all my family and ties lives in England so i have to fly each year and it doesnt matter how many times i do it still terrifies me to the extreme! My Stepmom has to give me Xanax (Anti Anxiety Drug) plus beer to even get me on it and i hate every minute of it. I cant relax all the time i think oh no this is it, its gonna crash even with every little bit of turbulence.

Iam not sure why i hate it so much and why it scares me i think its the fact i hate heights and i hate not being in control after all if something bad happens all i can do is hope they know what they are doing in the cock pit.

Unfortunately i have to fly to England again in a few weeks.
    I'm only afraid of crashing.

Deleted
    whats to be scared of?
    the 1st flight i made was from gatwick (uk) to melbourne (aus) with a refuelling stop in the UAE & loved every minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is funny because over the years I have kind of lost my nerve, I am 33 years old now. But there was a point between being 25 years old to 31 years old where I hadn't flown at all where as before we had holidays abroad every year almost since I was 5 years old, but since that gap when I started flying again I developed an awful fear of it. It could be more my anxiety to be honest I don't know. It's like I must sleep on every flight, because it mentally scars the crap out of me lol

This has also affected my fear of heights over the years too lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I always have to think about all the horrible stuff that most likely won't happen, although it doesn't stop me from flying if I have to. I still rather not however.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fly a few times a year for work, and always get very anxious on every flight. But I've found a few things that help.

One is making sure I plan the route and connecting flights to minimize time in the air. Because of the location of airline hubs and connecting flights, the same 1k mile travel one way can vary time in the air by an hour or two.

Another thing that helps is making sure I have something to take my mind off the flight. Audiobooks are great for that, they block out the flight noise and get your mind on other things while making the flight go by faster.

Lastly, I try to sit in roughly the same part of the plane and seat on every flight when I pick my seats. It's not so much superstition as much as making me feel more comfortable having taken previous flights in the same part of the plane that went fine.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    it triggers my ears (eustachian tube), but otherwise it's a great experience.

Deleted
    I am not, no. I used to dislike flying up to a certain point - but last year alone I was on at least 35 individual flights, so it really doesn't bother me anymore.