Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That's what happens when they start curating the videos, and removing all the popular ones from the list because they don't conform with Goolag's standards of acceptance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Are trending videos shown to all users or are they targeted by user account?

When I click the trending tab on Youtube most of the videos are about make-up, cooking, movie trailers and working out/yoga. I never use the trending tab at all; this is literally the first time I ever clicked that tab.

However, all these videos are very relevant to my interests; big movie buff, do yoga almost daily, I am a chef and like make-up/glam tutorials.
    I believe you almost even have to subscribe to whats trending in your area or to those type of channels before it comes up for you, it never comes up for me and it only promotes music styles similar to what i'm subscribed to and other interests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I believe you almost even have to subscribe to whats trending in your area or to those type of channels before it comes up for you, it never comes up for me and it only promotes music styles similar to what i'm subscribed to and other interests.
    Nope, I've a bunch of shitty music I've never listened to coupled with a lot of content from my own country. I'm guessing it's region based at best but then again i also have popular videos such as

**هي*ر *ل****ه ميس كمر على *لهو*ء بسبب رحيل *ل**** عبد*لحسي* عبد*لرض*
    ق**ة *لعد*لة

or the very interesting

خلي* *خو**ي ي**رو* *للي يبو*ه ب 60 ث**يه| *و*و كم طلع *لحس*ب!

showing up in my trending. Just to be extra clear, i live in Romania so i can't think of any reason why those would be there.

Honestly. I very much prefer the old trends dashboard where you can filter by country, age, demographic. You can see more diverse content, and interesting videos from other places (i.e brazil, russia, japan, etc..)