Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elder Scrolls 6?

Delete this thread if there was previously one like it, I just seen this video today at work and it got me thinking about if it's fake or not.

https://www.facebook.com/UNILADGamin...3350029688867/

If there is an ES6 in the making and it's only just started, which kind of sucks, really. Because it'd probably be a good 5 years or so to make and finish which even then is guesstimating.

But overall the #hype from me is overflowing for a new bethesda game, I still haven't tried out Prey yet either which I plan to play as soon as I find some time to sit down and do so.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda has said time and time again that ES6 has a team dedicated to it right now but there are 3 or 4 other projects that are being prioritized over it. Then again at E3 they said again that ES6 isnt a priority right now. Its gonna be at least 3-5 years before we have a playable game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be a while

We know of 4 projects, 2 of which are this year. A third is a space themed game similar to TES and FO. We do not know the 4th project

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be suprised if ES6 will turn into Duke Nukem Forever of our times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am not surprised because yeah the time between each Elder Scroll series was always roughly between 4 to 5 years. Original Morrowind was released 2002 then Oblivion afterward in 2006 then Skyrim 2011. So yeah 6 more years or maybe 7 or 8 for the next true Elder Scrolls (I don't count Elder Scrolls online sorry) is not a stretch in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    Bethesda has said time and time again that ES6 has a team dedicated to it right now but there are 3 or 4 other projects that are being prioritized over it. Then again at E3 they said again that ES6 isnt a priority right now. Its gonna be at least 3-5 years before we have a playable game.
    Maybe I missed something, but I find it odd how the game/series that put Bethesda on the map to begin with would be taking a back seat to anything, especially since we just had another main series Fallout game somewhat recently (referring to FO4).

Course they have no problem re-selling Skyrim yet again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but I find it odd how the game/series that put Bethesda on the map to begin with would be taking a back seat to anything, especially since we just had another main series Fallout game somewhat recently (referring to FO4).

It's probably more that Bethesda always has a team dedicated to developing more Elder Scrolls stuff, but they don't ramp it up till they're ready to actually make the game, unlike EA who shits out shitty game sequels every 2 years.

Anyway, I'm not really concerned about being hyped for a new ES game. ESO fills my ES gap pretty well, and frankly it's more engaging than Skyrim ever was. I really hope they do a voiced protagonist for a new one though...and ya know, more than 5 guys voicing every major NPC would be nice.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post

I am assuming it is entirely because Bethesda (the developer, not the publisher) wanted to make something different.

There is no way Zenimax was like "Hey you know series where the latest entry sold tens of millions of copies and was so popular we re-released it like five times!? Yeah let's just put that series on the back burner for no apparent reason!"

As long as Skyrim continues to be the more profitable Elder Scroll game, there wont be a ES6 for a while

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's probably more that Bethesda always has a team dedicated to developing more Elder Scrolls stuff, but they don't ramp it up till they're ready to actually make the game, unlike EA who shits out shitty game sequels every 2 years.

Anyway, I'm not really concerned about being hyped for a new ES game. ESO fills my ES gap pretty well, and frankly it's more engaging than Skyrim ever was. I really hope they do a voiced protagonist for a new one though...and ya know, more than 5 guys voicing every major NPC would be nice.
    I'm not concerned, either. Just musing over that bit of perception I had. To think they simply don't even bother working on it at all for years, even if we don't see/hear anything, would be silly. There's likely stuff on the board at Bethesda for ES6, 7, and likely beyond.

I was going to try ESO a few months ago, prior to Morrowind, when they had the free play weekend, but the game wouldn't even run on my PC...ran into all sorts of issues just trying to get it going. FF14 pretty much has a monopoly on my MMO time (and game time in general) at this point, though. Even with my lack of success getting that game to run, it was a far cry from how I reacted to that game originally (when first announced)...aka "wtf, I'll never touch this shit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily ESO is not a Bethesda dev team game.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I am assuming it is entirely because Bethesda (the developer, not the publisher) wanted to make something different.

There is no way Zenimax was like "Hey you know series where the latest entry sold tens of millions of copies and was so popular we re-released it like five times!? Yeah let's just put that series on the back burner for no apparent reason!"
    There is that, too; I'm very certain that after you work on the same game or types of games for so long, you get the itch to try something different. Seeing as how they continue to re-release Skyrim, Zenimax is definitely not letting them forget they know what the cash cow is.

Definitely gonna be a while. Safest bet is within the next decade.

Hopefully whoever was behind the atrocious modeling for Mass Effect: Andromeda stays far away from it. The modding community fixes enough in Elder Scrolls games as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably come out a few years after "Skyrim Re-Remastered VR Remastered" on the Switch.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm sure it'll be a great first person medieval shooter.

I lack confidence in Bethesda's ability to make a good game these days, but I'd settle for a good engine, which I also lack confidence in them being able to create.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in 2020 we might first see a rather vague voiced trailer first with no information other than that I really hope it is set in Elsweyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They are already doing voice acting for the game so it has probably been in the works for at least 2 or 3 years, I don't think they do voice acting until very late in the production* as far as I know.

Well, not voice acting but voice casting* Was the proper term
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-08-17 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are probaly making it, but this time it wont have a mod support. Heck they will probaly even make it illegall and they maybe they will make game always online to check for mods.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well they are probaly making it, but this time it wont have a mod support. Heck they will probaly even make it illegall and they maybe they will make game always online to check for mods.
    If they did that the game would die out in a few years the reason Skyrim and Oblivion are still popular today is because of Mod support or maybe they want Bethesda approved mods and you would have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Well, not voice acting but voice casting* Was the proper term
    Well lets hope they hire more than 4 actors to voice every NPC but that seems tradition with Elder Scroll games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    If they did that the game would die out in a few years the reason Skyrim and Oblivion are still popular today is because of Mod support or maybe they want Bethesda approved mods and you would have to pay for it.

Well lets hope they hire more than 4 actors to voice every NPC but that seems tradition with Elder Scroll games
    Its probaly like this:
    *If you make a mod and share it with community for free, its illegall in new game
    *If you made a mod and offer it for a store, its legal.
    Don't sweat the details!!!