10+ Year Old Account

FOX news host gets hate mail for daring to voice her opinion.

So from what I've gathered from our resident Trump fanatics and some diehard conservatives, is that it is the intolerant and regressive left that are guilty of inacceptance of criticism or others' views.

This isnt the first time either. Literally every single time a host on FOX news hasn't spent time gobbling up Trump's yummy genitals people have called for them to be fired or even sent death threats.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rump/98023272/

So to my conservative peers, how do you justify this? Fringe element? Just some lunatics online? You wholeheartedly agree with them? Or could it be that perhaps both parties have issues and trying to pretend yours isn't just as guilty of the things you accuse the other side of isn't doing anyone favors.

A Fox News Host Attacks Trump, and Some Viewers Bristle - The New York Times
    https://apple.news/A_3S2jTNqRPa-GNFbcD62rQ
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-08-17 at 01:04 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the comments interchange between saying he needs to go to the fake news channels and that they will stop watching fox if he isn't removed. That's the shittiest ultimatum ever... 'You are the only real news, but we will watch fake news if you don't get rid of him.'... your threat is that you'll watch news that are all fake, because Fox airs one fake segment? I think they'll see through the flaw in that plan...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    So from what I've gathered from our resident Trump fanatics and some diehard conservatives, is that it is the intolerant and regressive left that are guilty of inacceptance of criticism or others' views.

This isnt the first time either. Literally every single time a host on FOX news hasn't spent time gobbling up Trump's yummy genitals people have called for them to be fired or even sent death threats.

So to my conservative peers, how do you justify this? Fringe element? Just some lunatics online? You wholeheartedly agree with them? Or could it be that perhaps both parties have issues and trying to pretend yours isn't just as guilty of the things you accuse the other side of isn't doing anyone favors.

I think that's on par for Fox lately isn't it?

I hear avid Fox watchers that are Trump loyalists, kick and scream and demand they be fired, when they hear;

Shepard Smith

Chris Wallace

(When she worked there) Megyn Kelly

Say anything that might resemble criticism.

----UPDATE-----

Oh, didn't know we were talking about Shepard Smith. That happens all the time to him, happened to another one the day before yesterday, for disagreeing with his pro-White Nationalist rant. They were demanding she be fired and spamming her email and twitter with hate.

----UPDATE-----

Here it is Kat Timpf has been the last 48 hours as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.5de4e9b1a16b

Wrote one critic on Twitter: “I thought I was watching MSNBC.” Another suggested, “get rid of the snowflakes. Your (sic) turning into another liberal news channel.” Some messages were unprintably vile; Timpf retweeted one.
    Timpf, in an interview, said she was particularly chilled by one tweet that called her “a disgrace to the white race.”

“I’ve gotten some positive things, but the negativity I’ve gotten is incredibly disturbing,” she said. “I’ve seen enough to know just how disturbing the climate is right now. I’m fully aware of it and don’t need any more bringing me down on a personal level.”

She said that “it doesn’t seem like it’s too difficult to do the right thing and respond by saying ‘Nazis are bad.’ I can’t believe that my stance is a controversial stance, or something you need to even take a stand on at all these days. It’s really upsetting.”
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-08-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I like how the comments interchange between saying he needs to go to the fake news channels and that they will stop watching fox if he isn't removed. That's the shittiest ultimatum ever... 'You are the only real news, but we will watch fake news if you don't get rid of him.'... your threat is that you'll watch news that are all fake, because Fox airs one fake segment? I think they'll see through the flaw in that plan...
    Your forgetting, surveys have shown that most of Trump's supports are from the lower educated. Expecting them to make sense might be asking for too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    I think that's on par for Fox lately isn't it?

I hear avid Fox watchers that are Trump loyalists, kick and scream and demand they be fired, when they hear;

Shepard Smith

Chris Wallace

(When she worked there) Megyn Kelly

Say anything that might resemble criticism.

----UPDATE-----

Oh, didn't know we were talking about Shepard Smith. That happens all the time to him, happened to another one the day before yesterday, for disagreeing with his pro-White Nationalist rant. They were demanding she be fired and spamming her email and twitter with hate.

----UPDATE-----

Here it is Kat Timpf has been the last 48 hours as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.5de4e9b1a16b
    Oh didn't know about Kay Timpf.

I posted Smith and Eboni Williams. So that makes 3 now and if I recall a few others. Good for them to speak out when they see something wrong.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post

There is idiots on both sides. Im shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people sending hate mail, are also voicing their opinion.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The people sending hate mail, are also voicing their opinion.
    Death threats are not an opinion. They're a crime. I know you weren't defending them, you were specific, but I did want to draw a line in the thread in general.

Well, FOX News has a choice to make, don't they?
    a) Keep things as they are, provide a startlingly more fair-and-balanced approach than I would have guessed a couple weeks ago (gosh, kind of a lot has changed, huh), and risk losing audience
    or
    b) Fire the people getting hate mail, in theory keeping their viewership up, but becoming further right and offering no balance at all.

I can't help but notice there don't seem to be a lot of articles about advertisers dropping FOX News, not like they were with, say, Bill O'Reilly. So I think they'll go with Option A.

But...what about the nice Nazi sympathizers and nice KKK sympathizers?!

Also, fuck those people in general, and especially for going after Shepherd Smith. He's probably the only person at Fox News who has maintained any credibility and dignity over the years, and consistently dealt with fact and reality instead of rhetoric and fantasy like most of their other hosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Death threats are not an opinion.
    Well it is, just not a valid or right opinion (in my opinion).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well it is, just not a valid or right opinion (in my opinion).
    A threat is not an opinion. A threat is a hostile action. Hostile acts like death threats are illegal. They are not protected free speech and that should be obvious my pal
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bannon: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Covfefe The Wise?
    Trump: No?
    Bannon: I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a GOP legend. Covfefe was a Dark Lord of the GOP, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the masses to vote against their interests… He had such a knowledge of demagoguery, he could even keep the ones he cared about from becoming liberals.

So, the people that watch Fox want to fire the only people there that tell them the truth? Seems about right.

There's a distinctive lack of the usual fauxlosophers in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There's a distinctive lack of the usual fauxlosophers in this thread.
    It is not possible for a reasonable person to defend death threats against a journalist.

Granted, Trump suggested jailing them but that's not the same thing.