Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst game you ever played? What was it?

excluding games that are buggy or glitchy as the main reasons

What was the worst game you played objectively. Not speaking to bugs and glitches. What game had the worst mechanics, the worst story, the worst gameplay, etc.

For me its final fantasy 2. fuck final fantasy 2. I loved final fantasy 1 and played it many times on my GBA.... mostly because of 8 bit theater. the only flaw with FF1 on the GBA was the absolute cancerous growth on it called FF2.

Well can we count Big Rigs since the entire game itself is a bug?

Actually scratch that Big Rigs is awesome because it's buggy.

Top 3 worst games for me are easy.

1. Daikatana.
    2. Superman 64.
    3. The majority of LJN games for the NES.

Other mentions would be No Man's Sky, Bubsy 3D, The Crow: City of Angels, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties and the Zelda CDi games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 03:22 PM.

I played a lot of games i consider boring like no mans sky or superman 64 but the worst for me are ones that look like they could have been good like Oceanhorn and Red Ninja End of honour. Red Ninja in particular since oceanhorn is a port of a shitter ios game but red ninja promised metal gear style stealth with ninja assassin combat with the twist it was a qt grill so she could do things like lure a dude around a corner flashing a bit of leg then garrot them or even just ninja stuff like using a canebreath pipe to swim through a gardens water features to get into a castle. The ninja girl in a more realistic setting was such a rad idea.

But then it was a more dull piece of shit than enter the matrix. What a shame since it still looks pretty good for the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mighty Number 9.
    Bound By Flame.
    Two Worlds.

Those games come to mind atm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

expectation versus reality, nothing is near than No Man Sky

Skyrim - worst experience I've had in gaming in 3 decades of playing games.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    League Of Legends. Worst experience ever, this game should burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Devil May Cry 2 I really hate that game because it's way inferior compare to the first Devil May Cry in almost everything and they didn't add anything new to the game and very boring with a bland storyline.

Final Fantasy 13 Holy hell this game is really an abomination to the series... I mean don't get me wrong the FF series were never perfect but this one for me is like the worst RPG ever. Very predictable storyline, gameplay is almost nonexistence it's like watching a bad movie or something like that you barely play the game it's basically cinematic then walking 5 mins in a very very linear dungeon with an arrow and a mini map telling you exactly where you have to go then you fight a boss then cinematic and renise and repeat. I forced myself too me like 3 or 4 years to finally finish it not because I am stuck or anything like that no but because I could barely play it.. I play it for 5 to 10 mins then I get so bored.

No game will ever be as much of a disapointment for me as Rise of the Robots. On face value, it seemed like a winner. It had state of the art graphics and even had music by Brian May, the Brian May from Queen!

In reality, it was a complete and utter disapointment. The controls were far too stiff for a functional fighting game, the animations were just as clunky and awkward and the game was pretty much solved as soon as you figured out all you needed to do to win was spam the kick button.

It's hard to believe they also released a novel to coincide with the games release and even had a movie planned which, thankfully, never actually materialised.

Tales of Legendia was one of the worst RPG's I had played. I couldn't stand the cast. I couldn't stand the gameplay (because my first tales game was Abyss, so when I tried to go backwards it just felt so wrong), I couldn't even stand the story that much, than in true tales fashion, you FINALLY think the game is done, JK here's the second half.

I had to stab my foot repeatedly to prevent myself from trying to quit mid playthrough.

Star Ocean - Integrity and terribleness is probably another contender. I REALLY truly struggled to finish this game. The characters felt super bland, I didn't care a lot about the world, and the combat just hasn't evolved or held up well compared to the Grandia/Tales (other actiony RPG games).

I can't think of many truly bad games that I have played through that had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Notable mention probably goes to Hyper Dimension Neptunia. I wanted to like the game, and actually enjoyed the combat pieces, and the fictitious world, but it felt a off to me. Hard to put into words.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 7.

How would I know I stop playing them.

With out doubt Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII is the worst I've ever played,Square tried to mix rpg's and fps's and failed miserably.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't think of a game I played that I would call worst game ever made but there are some that I was really disappointed with.

Homefront- It was just so short. I've never played a game where I finished it in one sitting. I seriously was in denial when I seen the credits. I was like "no, this can't be all of it there's got to be a part 2 or something". I think it was around 4 hours.

Duke Nukem Forever- One of the biggest waste of money I ever spent. I was so hyped for this game that I bought the collector's edition, $150 I think it was. Boy was that a fucking mistake. The game was mediocre at best which is piss poor for a game that people have been waiting more than 10 years for. A game that they hyped up so much as if it's going to be the game that resurrects the Duke Nukem franchise. The whole game seriously felt like PS2 game. Graphics, sound, gameplay, everything. It still hurts thinking about it.

Those are really the only two I would consider to be bad games at least that I can think of at the moment.

Diablo 3
    FF 7

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too many...

I dunno. I avoid games I know will be bad, and some games I just get bored with -- those are not noteworthy.

I may update this thread later as the worst game I've ever played is likely one from years and years ago... but the worst one I can remember is Excitebike 64.

The thing is, this game isn't really bad in and of itself, but I've never been quite so pissed off with a game before. I bought it brand new when I was young because I was a fan of the classic Excitebike, and thought this would be cool. Instead, it was a mostly generic dirt bike game with highly frustrating mechanics. No variable difficulty and unless you got absolutely perfect first place on the grand prix, you were unable to unlock tracks.

I'll be honest, I was pretty bad at the game. But against all odds I worked until I got better. Eventually I did well and had a run of good luck, being ahead by a significant margin and on the very last track of the grand prix I was doing, I got cheesed by everything and everyone and fell far, far behind. When it finally ended, I had just barely gotten second place and the game basically said "Better luck next time!" I just about lost my shit, and sold it directly to Funcoland (ie: the better Gamestop of yesterday) for a fraction of what I bought it for that same day and never looked back. (For context, that is the only game I've ever sold to a used game store.)

I'm sure I've played worse games but there hasn't been a game I played and hated more than Excitebike 64.

Now if you're asking what the most disappointing game I've ever played was, that's easy; it was Metroid: Other M for all of the obvious reasons if you are at all familiar as to why people hate the game. If not, I'm not going to repeat them here. Mass Effect 3 would be a relatively close runner up, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I am impressed how many people are listing critically acclaimed games that are super popular as 'the worst games ever'. I guess I should have expected that, though, heh!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    For me its final fantasy 2. fuck final fantasy 2. I loved final fantasy 1 and played it many times on my GBA.... mostly because of 8 bit theater. the only flaw with FF1 on the GBA was the absolute cancerous growth on it called FF2.
    I don't hate FF2 like you do, but I had no interest in the game. I, too, owned the GBA game you are referring to and am a huge fan of the FF1 game on it; I've replayed it over and over. It's not really a surprise that they released FF2 with FF1, given how poorly FF2 was designed and how renowned FF1 was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

I don't hate FF2 like you do, but I had no interest in the game. I, too, owned the GBA game you are referring to and am a huge fan of the FF1 game on it; I've replayed it over and over. It's not really a surprise that they released FF2 with FF1, given how poorly FF2 was designed and how renowned FF1 was.
    This was my FF1 party

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hard question to answer for me, since if I'm not enjoying the game, I just stop playing it and I normally only play high rated games and not bother with the poorly rated ones.

I guess the worst one that I can remember is Fade to Black for the PS1 back when we still rented games. Rented it in Blockbuster, was excited to play it, played it for 10 minutes then lost interest/got bored and stopped. It was like a 3 or 4 day rental, so pretty much only played for like 0.01% of the time I was given to play it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama