Any hope for a 'traditional games' subsection?

Tabletop games, pen and paper RPG's and trading card games have had a huge resurgence in the 2010's to the point kickstarter is now seen as a bad idea for games but the default for pen and paper games that are almost guaranteed to make their money as the first for new ideas is very real. There is a slew of videogames that have spun off into board games as well along with online versions using things like Vassal or YGOpro to let people around the world playtogether with online. It is a booming medium of gaming that just doesnt involve discs or cartridges that has massive crossover with the mmorpg loving crowd and is ripe for discussion.

So why no little corner of MMOchampion for them? if theres a section for books and tv why leave potential threads about this to the 'fun stuff' section where they seem to get ignored and die off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I don't play those but I sorta have to agree with it. Sadly, stopped Pen and Paper RPG's a long time ago but shouldn't be a hindering for the ones who still do it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, I don't play those but I sorta have to agree with it. Sadly, stopped Pen and Paper RPG's a long time ago but shouldn't be a hindering for the ones who still do it.
    Nowadays with discord, google hangouts and so on those are super popular online too, a big one right now is 'Tales from the Loop: rpgs in the 80's that never was' that is shamelessly Goonies/Stand by me/Stranger Things the rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demand/popularity dictates whether something gets a subforum. Being a cool idea (and it is!) sadly just isn't enough; there has to be a lot of people who are interested and would participate to justify it.

If you think there is demand, start making discussion topics in GenOT. If they become sufficiently popular enough to demonstrate a need for a dedicated subforum, then we can consider it. Unfortunately, though, without anything suggesting that the subforum would be active, it's not something we can do right now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |