Can we stop with the hype of a new expansion at Gamescon? It's not happening.

They're simply just going to announce 7.3 and talk what's gonna happen beyond that a bit, we as a community are the very few that follow PTR notes, there's millions and millions of players.

They have a trailer done for 7.3 and for more, maybe, they have lots of cinematics to show and art and that's gonna be their focus, after all, if you didn't forget, Argus is a new world that we go to, that's a pretty big event.

New systems, upgrades and such.

I imagined they're gonna speak about 7.3.5 and beyond and MAYBE give a hint as to what's gonna be at Blizzcon, but please, I saw trade-chat today as well, people hyping up shit.

I want to believe as well, but at this point, it's clear as crystal as to what's gonna go down.

I wouldn't bet on an expansion reveal either at this point.

Only time it could be done is during the reveal ceremony, obviously, but judging from their event on Facebook that's supposedly for multiple teams, meaning that there wouldn't be much time for a full and proper expansion reveal.

Only way I'd see it happen is those words being wrong and all minor new stuff is revealed during their video on Monday, wherein I believe the new Overwatch map will be, for one thing.

But I'm not keeping my hopes up anymore. Wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised, but I'll currently stick to waiting at the station of the hype train.

I agree with you OP, however now that the hype train has left the station I'm afraid that there is nothing that can either slow it or stop it until the next Xpac has been announced

Deleted
    i still believe there will be at least a mention. hint. or possible teasser for the next expac just not the traditional full blown announce and reveal

It's just that, with the quicker patch cycle and the early testing of new patches, people here have already become disinterested on 7.3, so they can't believe that Blizzard has still to publicly announce all the features they already know about.

They speak of how previous expansions were announced before some patches were released, but none have been announced before the previous patch was revealed, which this technically hasn't.

That and the (somewhat childish) constant desire of new stuff no matter how long the current content patch has been out for, makes them wish for sudden announcements to the point of denying all evidence pointing against it by saying stuff like "Of course they haven't said there'll be an announcement, it has to be a surprise!" or "Blizzard wouldn't go to Gamescom without a big announcement for WoW!".

We've had this in the past, "seasons" of fake leaks long before the announcement because some big event was about to happen. And because real leaks usually happen a few days or weeks before the actual reveal, people get excited and start spreading the idea that it's about to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    They're simply just going to announce 7.3 and talk what's gonna happen beyond that a bit
    1) They already announced 7.3
    2) They did announce patch 3.3 with ICC and Cataclysm both at Blizzcon 2009

You are wrong.

The hype cannot be stopped. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a teaser and at blizzcon a full reveal.

How bitter and miserable are the MOOChamp forums that people are getting offended over other's excitement?

Why is the hype bothering you?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    but none have been announced before the previous patch was revealed, which this technically hasn't.
    What're all these blue posts about casting animations and the netherlight crucible been about then?

Agreed. Only reason we got the Legion reveal at gamescom was because WoD was dying FAST. Legion is in an exponentially better state compared to WoD, so there is no rush in trying to spit out a new expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    They're simply just going to announce 7.3 and talk what's gonna happen beyond that a bit, we as a community are the very few that follow PTR notes, there's millions and millions of players.

They have a trailer done for 7.3 and for more, maybe, they have lots of cinematics to show and art and that's gonna be their focus, after all, if you didn't forget, Argus is a new world that we go to, that's a pretty big event.

New systems, upgrades and such.

I imagined they're gonna speak about 7.3.5 and beyond and MAYBE give a hint as to what's gonna be at Blizzcon, but please, I saw trade-chat today as well, people hyping up shit.

I want to believe as well, but at this point, it's clear as crystal as to what's gonna go down.
    Thanks for clearing this up. I am sure that given your impeccable reputation everyone is now convinced and they will stop making threads about an expansion. You have done a great service to the community good sir.

There's not going to be an expansion reveal at Gamescom, obviously. But this didn't need another thread.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys Blizzard makes it really clear no XPack news on GamesCon, They just put up the press thing, Gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3—details about this content update will be unveiled on stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday. That's it.... Also the preview art doesn't really got anything that says WoW Xpack.... just more WoW Esport (what I don't care about at all!)

Look like the two other Blizzard games get far more love... New Heartstone Hero, new Fireside Gathering features, brand-new Overwatch map, Overwatch animated short what I also can't care less about but it seems Blizzard is all about Overwatch and Heartstone this days... I don't play those games or watch any Esport things

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation is fine. If people want to continue speculating there are threads for that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Trial-of-Style

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-at-Gamescom
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-08-17 at 11:03 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."