Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Australian far-right nut job turns up to parliament in FULL BURQA - embarrassing!

I'm glad the attorney general called her out on her elaborate stunt, she is a real loony... Is this woman popular in Australia?
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2017-08-17 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For reference, this is her during her first Parliamentary tenure.

This is the woman who claimed that power outages in South Australia were due to Muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. It was funny watching people get insanely triggered over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Heh. It was funny watching people get insanely triggered over this.
    Yeah, legislative discussion being reduced to trolling is oh so funny.

I'm surprised you people bitch about how ineffective government is and then turn around and support activities that preclude it from -being- effective.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

This is the woman who claimed that power outages in South Australia were due to Muslims.
    The muslems can control electricity with their minds? We're in deep shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The muslems can control electricity with their minds? We're in deep shit.
    Muslim voltages are not compatible with the South Australian energy market, clearly.

That video is very chilling... The more and more I learn about this woman the more shocked I am that she stills gets to be in parliament. I've even learnt that she committed election fraud and subsequently was jailed for 11 days, what a horrendous creature.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm surprised you people bitch about how ineffective government is and then turn around and support activities that preclude it from -being- effective.
    Who was supporting? I just said I found it funny to watch those uppity cunts get triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Think of it this way, atleast your new far right party did not hold its first speech in parliament in Latin. We got that one! Dutch power!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    That video is very chilling... The more and more I learn about this woman the more shocked I am that she stills gets to be in parliament. I've even learnt that she committed election fraud and subsequently was jailed for 11 days, what a horrendous creature.
    The way Australian Senate elections work is through a form of proportional representation; i.e. parties get seats based on their percentage of the vote. However, in Australia this is muddied by the fact people can vote for individual candidates in order of preference as well as parties, leading to a whole sub-industry of preference trading between parties and politicians.

The long and short of it, is that electoral method gives a lot of power to ratbag one-issue third parties, particularly from Queensland, who then proceed to force the major parties to concede on certain issues in exchange for anywhere between one to three extra votes.

I would prefer that government be even more ineffective. The less government, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

I'm glad the attorney general called her out on her elaborate stunt, she is a real loony... Is this woman popular in Australia?
    No. She's popular in her electorate, and a few others. Most Australians find her an embarassment, a horrible person, and were pretty pissed when she came back to Australia and sought to rejoin politics.

For reference, she left Australia after her first stint as a politician saying it had "too many immigrants", so she went to live in the UK. Then she came back, only this time she hated Muslims instead of Asians.

Also she wants to segregate autistic children in schools because they "hold other children back" and her colleagues (and likely her, given past remarks) wants the publicly-funded television station to give "equal time" to displaying anti-vax campaigner's "point of view".
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2017-08-17 at 09:39 PM.

Right wingers in parliament seldom get anything done but interrupting the democratic process.

She made a good point poorly. That's her style.

The point still stands - the thing should be banned.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Right wingers in parliament seldom get anything done but interrupting the democratic process.
    well sometimes they get tax cuts for their rich overlords.

What wrong with what she did exactly?

Deleted
    So how many people in Australia actually wears the full covering Burka?

Because we've had this come up in our government, and it was noted, we barely talked about 10 people in our country that actually wore it on a regular basis.

Deleted
    What the feminist position on the burka? Is protecting Islam more important than protecting women?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Who was supporting? I just said I found it funny to watch those uppity cunts get triggered.
    Which ones got triggered?

From the video, Hanson got her ass handed to her. Just zoom in on her face as she STANDS UP when the guy who bashes her gets a standing ovation. She is LIVID, she is FURIOUS at how much she got embarrassed. Certainly, it's obvious to see who the triggered one was here.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Him condemning her so much about what the muslims in their country might think/do in response will only feed her point.

Wearing clothes is not mocking them.

At worst, publicity stunts are somewhat disrespectful to the professionals in the room. Still, they're called "publicity stunts" for a reason, and quite frankly more of them would make politics more interesting, within reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.