Logs review request. Help our warriors!

Hello,

I am one of raid leaders in our guild. We have rather solid group, but two warriors from our group are underperforming and we are looking how we can help them.

Could you please take a look at warriors with gray parses? Any feedback highly appreciated. What they are doing wrong? Gear issue? Talents? Or maybe rotation or our group composition?

Log from HC Avatar: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Main problem for Joscelint is rage management:
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/nW8CtphBj34Ry61D#fight=1&view=analytical&type=resources&source=5

every time you see the rage dropping from "non 100" it means he used rampage without being rage capped and didn't trigger FB, other times he stayed at 100 rage for a long time. As consequence, Frothing Berserker and Enrage uptime are really low (50%, should be 85+).

The only time you delay a Rampage when being at 100 rage is if you're enraged and can use RB, prio is:
    Enraged RB > Rampage (100 rage) > BT > RB > FS

there are various other issues (I see he's not using warglaives properly, he's not prepotting, opener is wrong), but I'd ignore those, well, except the opener part, until he gets the basic rotation right.
    The Fury guide is stickied in this forum, ask him to read it, then read it again

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAbstract View Post
    Hello,

I am one of raid leaders in our guild. We have rather solid group, but two warriors from our group are underperforming and we are looking how we can help them.

Could you please take a look at warriors with gray parses? Any feedback highly appreciated. What they are doing wrong? Gear issue? Talents? Or maybe rotation or our group composition?

Log from HC Avatar: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    I am no expert at reviewing logs but i suspect the arms warrior is becoming rage starved and perhaps it might be useful to use the WW build rather than rend.....but again i am no expert.

Specific to Czolgownik:

- Using WW belt, whether because he doesn't have anything better aside, it requires 3 targets to proc and so wasted on Avatar.
    - He has 4pc but his bladestorm only had 58% crit hits, so he's not using it properly (macro BC+BS together).
    - His opener is all wrong, like completely wrong--he even used cleave as his 1st GCD after BS for some unknown reason.
    - Quite a few times he hit Rend either twice in a row or within 1 or 2 GCDs, which is wrong--shouldn't refresh until at least 2.4s remaining.
    - During Execute, he sat on a tactician proc and instead spammed Execute for 10s before ultimately dying (he had the mark and no one soaked).
    - His Rend up time is only 25%!!! It should be up pretty much all of the time until Execute, at which point it's only applied before popping BC. If he were alive 100% of the fight, he should end with higher than 80% uptime.
    - Going back to Cleave--he seemed to use it on ST as he gained a 1 stack buff 16 times! Also, regardless of whether or not he should be WWing, he only used it twice despite using cleave a total of 26 times!

Link him to the stickied Arms Compendium and tell him to read... it's obvious he has no idea how to play arms!

Edit: there are other things like not using CS before MS/Execute for the SD buff, not getting to 2x EP during Execute before using MS.. all that stuff is covered by the Compendium so it's far better for him to just read for himself then possibly come to Skyhold Discord if he has further questions: https://discord.gg/Skyhold ... can't guarantee the immediate response he'll get if it's clear he hasn't actually read the guide, though!
    Last edited by Phototropic; 2017-08-18 at 09:35 AM.

Looks like my answer got lost, I try again:

Main problem for Joscelint is rage management:
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/nW8CtphBj34Ry61D#fight=1&view=analytical&type=resources&source=5

every time you see the rage dropping from "non 100" it means he used rampage without being rage capped and didn't trigger FB, other times he stayed at 100 rage for a long time. As consequence, Frothing Berserker and Enrage uptime are really low (50%, should be 85+).

The only time you delay a Rampage when being at 100 rage is if you're enraged and can use RB, prio is:
    Enraged RB > Rampage (100 rage) > BT > RB > FS

there are various other issues (I see he's not using warglaives properly, he's not prepotting, opener is wrong), but I'd ignore those, well, except the opener part, until he gets the basic rotation right.
    The Fury guide is stickied in this forum, ask him to read it, then read it again

Other people with more experience than me might give you a more detailed feedback, I could only quickly check your logs for the usual main issues

For the Fury:

- Don't use Raging Blow after Battle Cry if he's not enraged, Rampage first to get enraged (did that wrong on pull)
    - Don't be away 8 seconds on the big aoe. Instead jump away at around 2s, so you land as close to the end of the cast as possible to maximise uptime.
    - Fill the gaps in the rotation where he's not pressing anything for at least 1 GCD
    - I think Moonglaive is supposed to be activated 1 sec before you pop Battle Cry according to the Guide but idk for sure since I don't have them
    - Don't do Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Battle Cry -> Rampage -> Bloodthirst. In that case better activate Battle Cry just before the last two hits of Rampage (they will crit too) and start the Battle Cry with Raging Blow into Rampage (second Battle Cry).

Just a few things I noticed quickly.

Thanks everybody for help, I will gather up your feedback and pass it gently so they won't be mad. If you have any other ideas and feedback, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueAbstract View Post
    Thanks everybody for help, I will gather up your feedback and pass it gently so they won't be mad. If you have any other ideas and feedback, please let me know.
    not only should they not be mad, (and i can only speak for the arms warrior) they should be THRILLED. because the sky is now the limit on their dps, considering all of the mistakes. they played the wrong way, now they have a chance to play the right way, if they can't handle constructive criticism with facts and analysis to back it up, you have to decide whether you want to soften your entire group's goals or replace them

- - - Updated - - -

arms is the best spec on the planet and its very easy. Colossus smash is life. If a baby fell off the edge of a cliff and i caught it and I am trying to pull the baby up but tactician procs, sorry baby, i have to colossus smash, baby falls, i get increased damage on that target. the only time i dont drop everything (babies and all) to colossus smash is if i have the shattered defenses buff up and i haven't use MS or execute and 99% of that time that that happens, i know its cause i messed up. keep rend up but dont spam it. i think 5 or 6 globals is a good estimate of how often you should refresh rend, if you dont want to use add-ons or ruin your fun by being obsessed with rend.