Change spec to affliction

Hey guys,

I'm playing demonology from the beginning of Legion and it was pretty fine up until now. We did only hc tos and mythic goroth, but our progress kicked in and now we are at 3/9 mythic. This is the time when I feel that demonology is a pain in the ass to play on certain bosses like harjatan,demonic so I tried out affliction and it was much better.My artifacts are at 61 demo and 53 affli. So I'm considering pumping ap on affli, but dont want to regret my decision later.How is affliction performing on single target fights?
    Whats your opinion on the go-to spec for antorus, will affli be a safe bet?I know that we have little information on antorus, and possible class changes, nerfs/buffs.
    Before you write things like ''play what you like the most'', I am fine with all 3 specs, used to play them all until legion and this crap ap/legiondary system came.

There's no way to predict the future, so going into the next raid its going to be either "whatever you like most" or " be ready to FOTM swap if it isn't the spec you chose".

Currently aff is mid pack on pure ST(like goroth) but really strong any time there's consistent add deaths. Aff's performing best out of all 3 of our specs right now overall, but right now with the state of legion its really truly whatever kind of damage your raid needs and / or whatever you enjoy the most.

Also with the knowledge ramp up that just happened and is going to continue to happen the amount of ap you'd spend into aff to get it caught up with your demo wep will be trivial in a few weeks.

So seriously just do whatever you enjoy the most. I've mained destro for every boss this xpac in a cutting edge mythic guild and I've had no real reason to swap despite destro not being the best spec at pretty much any point this xpac. Seriously whatever works.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Play what you enjoy the most that is the spec that will perform the best.

Since you explicitly said not to tell you to play what you like most, you should just go Affliction. Demo's niche right now is pure ST with little to no movement, which is literally a single fight in ToS (Goroth). You can happily switch to Demo for that fight, but Affliction will do better on pretty much any other encounter.

Affliction right now is one of the best DPS specs in the game, in terms of damage output. Statistically, it may even be THE best, overall, though that does not take into account the utility that ToS requires from your raid on some fights (mythic Avatar and KJ mainly). Still, it's not going to be a bad choice by any means.

I wouldn't worry too much about the next raid. For one, there is a good chance Affliction will still be the best - simply due to the mechanics of the class, which allow for great flexibility and high mobility. A comprehensive mechanical change this late in the expansion is very unlikely, so all you worry about is scaling - and Affliction scales just fine, largely due to the very good Mastery. In addition, the next raid is most likely quite some time away still, with people estimating up to two months until release. That means that AK will increase dramatically in the meantime, allowing you to catch up on Affliction comfortably.

Deleted
    If there is something i can say its that Blizzards trend to make each teir more and more movement oriented than the last, it would not surprise me if all the bosses in the next tier are all about movement, and then Affliction is what you want to play.

Switched from Destruction to Affliction a couple months ago and haven't looked back, I tried Demonology at the beginning because the fantasy was awesome bu the game play was terrible. Affliction performs well, is pretty easy to get the hang of and makes solo content a breeze because of how much survivability you have and how simple it is to DoT up multiple mobs and just let your pet tank it. I also just like the Scythe artifact aesthetic.

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: Blizzard seems to like affliction as a whole, and the class tends to play well ion all settings for the same reason that resto druids always play well.

Simply due to how the spec is designed, it will always play well, and is definitely a fun spec regardless.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Completely agree what Biomega said, play what you enjoy the most isn't necessarily always the answer for people who don't have a clear preference.

if you want me to rate the three specs for warlocks atm for Mythic raiding would be : afflic>=destro>demonology

demonology lacks of burst damage, unable to switch to priority target and burn them down, pretty bad at dealing adds that are spread out, and not very good at multi targets cleave fight.

there are couple of extremely difficult fight where either afflic and destro shines because of their tool kit. Let's you are progressing on mistress, where the fight only matters sub 30%, as a afflic warlock you will provide your raid with execution damage as well as one of the highest priority target damage, also very good survivability.

Destro shines for the last two bosses avatar and KJ, high burst damage to maiden's shield if your guild struggling with that, as well as being able to switch to shadows during your kj progression.

That doesn't take away the fact these two specs can also perform well on any other fights that demonology is able to..