Thread: Bannon is out?

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    That's just bloody foolish as was Bannon's desire to move out of Syria, move out of Aghanistan, ignore North Korea and focus all on China.

China is a threat I might add, but one doesn't walk away from wars they started. The US once walked away from Afghanistan and it turned into a nightmare.

We will have peace, by ensuring that everyone that dares step out of line get struck with "fire and fury", just like Assad was when he dared use chemical weapons.

Look at North Korea: They backed the hell down when it was made clear by Trump and EVERYONE else they'd get their head ripped off if they dared to strike Guam. Just like they will if they develop a nuclear tipped ICBM.
    Assad, the counter attack by the US for Chemical weapons was rather underwhelming if not almost pointless to put it nicely.

Deleted
    That's just bloody foolish as was Bannon's desire to move out of Syria, move out of Aghanistan, ignore North Korea and focus all on China.

China is a threat I might add, but one doesn't walk away from wars they started. The US once walked away from Afghanistan and it turned into a nightmare.

We will have peace, by ensuring that everyone that dares step out of line get struck with "fire and fury", just like Assad was when he dared use chemical weapons.

Look at North Korea: They backed the hell down when it was made clear by Trump and EVERYONE else they'd get their head ripped off if they dared to strike Guam. Just like they will if they develop a nuclear tipped ICBM.
    While Bannon is the worst mix of stupid. You have an odd narrative.

Afganistan was a disaster as soon as it happened, and still is. Time to cut and run, the Taliban won.
    The move against Assad was theatre. The US has given up on its Jihadi AQ proxies (thankfully), and while they still have a deal with the kurds, chances are they burn them like the straw dogs they are when they are done smashing the caliphate.
    Nk was a classic case of threat inflation and believing your own propaganda. If you look at the missles they are launching into the sea they break up because the NK haven't worked out how to do heat shields. And while its claimed they are accurate enough to hit Guam, they probably aren't. Not to mention thier missles aren't capable of delivering the weapons that they have. So they don't actually have a weapon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Assad, the counter attack by the US for Chemical weapons was rather underwhelming if not almost pointless to put it nicely.
    The US strike was to send a message that Assad better not do that again. Haven't seen reports of Chemical weapons usage in Syria since when before there were numerous instances of Assad using chlorine.

Let's not pretend that the threat to Guam was any more serious than the 1,000,000 other idle threats North Korea has made. Trump had no more to do with preventing that from becoming an actual attack than any individual comment from Obama, Bush Jr., or Clinton.

I'm willing to give Trump credit if he actually did something, but that's like saying that you totally saved your apartment complex from being nuked by the homeless crazy guy on the corner because he shouted threats and you shouted back.
    This one was taken far more seriously.

When China, Russia, Japan and South Korea are all engaging in a massive diplomatic effort to make it clear this will not be tolerated then it means they at least take the threat very seriously. So did the Trump admin.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Lol @ retconning Trump out of history.
    One day I'm going to run for President just so I can move his official portrait to the White House basement bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

The US strike was to send a message that Assad better not do that again. Haven't seen reports of Chemical weapons usage in Syria since when before there were numerous instances of Assad using chlorine.

This one was taken far more seriously.

When China, Russia, Japan and South Korea are all engaging in a massive diplomatic effort to make it clear this will not be tolerated then it means they at least take the threat very seriously. So did the Trump admin.
    It was a diplomatic effort. Not massive. Russia and China barely did anything. Japan, South Korea and the US did some pow-wows. Net result: we're running out of time.

That's it.

Nothing was moved to threaten North Korea in any meaningful way. It was a farce from top to bottom and everyone knew it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trump MIGHT have been a liar, Hillary was for sure. One could hope with a dove like Bannon who sought peace rather than war and violence like Obama and the Clintons and Bush, things might have been different. I needed to be reminded that the Pentagon picks the policy, not the people. Well them and the stock holders in weapons manufacturers.
    Trump had been lying for 30 years. People were pointing to documentaries and news articles where he was a blatant con artist and a liar. He acted like a pathological liar. This "might" have been a liar business is disconnected from reality...

As is you swearing up and down that Hillary was absolutely a liar. Not sure it's possible to find someone so disconnected from reality aside from maybe Orlong. Her being a liar was incredibly dependent upon your feels and random conspiracies. Rather pathetic tbh. But that's why you've put me on ignore in the first place. I've always pointed out the gaping holes in your terrible logic and brought you crashing down off your high horse. You berate people for looking down on others then look down your nose at people who don't agree with your crazy conspiracies. It's amusing to watch, and to watch crash and burn.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    It was a diplomatic effort. Not massive. Russia and China barely did anything. Japan, South Korea and the US did some pow-wows. Net result: we're running out of time.

That's it.

Nothing was moved to threaten North Korea in any meaningful way. It was a farce from top to bottom and everyone knew it.
    Yeah the clock is ticking until North Korea tests that nuclear tipped ICBM of theirs. Still moving assets wouldn't change much: North Korea wasn't phased at all when earlier this year the Trump admin moved three carrier battlegroups in their area. They sure won't back down because the US moves shinny military equipment.

The fact they had a far stronger reaction to fire and fury vs a significant US surface fleet deployment seems...interesting to say the least but really North Korea isn't impressed when you deploy troops like that since it means that what they actually fear is less likely to happen.

What is that they fear? Those 2 Ohio Class Submarines, that we KNOW Trump has deployed in the region specifically against North Korea ( courtesy of his call to Duterte ) unleashing a full missile barrage and turning their precious dear leader to ash along with his entire army.

For those that don't know this: What I'm talking about is nothing short of a full blown nuclear strike involving America's strategic submarine launched balistic missiles. It's the ONLY thing North Korea really fears because they know it's the only option America really has if it wants to prevent Seoul from being turned into paste.

America's military option is certainly not that asinine Tom Clancy style B-1 Lancer Strike that NBC news was talking about. Because I can't imagine someone like James Mattis or McMaster ever approving of such madness.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-08-19 at 08:22 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Yeah the clock is ticking until North Korea tests that nuclear tipped ICBM of theirs. Still moving assets wouldn't change much: North Korea wasn't phased at all when earlier this year the Trump admin moved three carrier battlegroups in their area. They sure won't back down because the US moves shinny military equipment.

The fact they had a far stronger reaction to fire and fury vs a significant US surface fleet deployment seems...interesting to say the least but really North Korea isn't impressed when you deploy troops like that since it means that what they actually fear is less likely to happen.

What is that they fear? Those 2 Ohio Class Submarines, that we KNOW Trump has deployed in the region specifically against North Korea ( courtesy of his call to Duterte ) unleashing a full missile barrage and turning their precious dear leader to ash along with his entire army.

For those that don't know this: What I'm talking about is nothing short of a full blown nuclear strike involving America's strategic submarine launched balistic missiles. It's the ONLY thing North Korea really fears because they know it's the only option America really has if it wants to prevent Seoul from being turned into paste.

America's military option is certainly not that asinine Tom Clancy style B-1 Lancer Strike that NBC news was talking about. Because I can't imagine someone like James Mattis or McMaster ever approving of such madness.
    Ending the taboo on nuclear weapon usage - especially hailing it as the better solution - strikes me as madness as well. It would have the potential of transforming international politics massively if the US started to utilize nuclear first strikes. And don't kid yourself either, that would not just be one small tactical nuke, it would require a larger, strategic weapon to ensure that the NK leadership is gone (along with tonnes of civilians). Plus nukes would also have to be used to get rid of the artillery poised at Seoul preemptively. Those are close enough to Pyongyang to see mushroom clouds.

So, do we know for sure why Bannon resigned or was fired or whatever? It just seems convenient to me that right as the alt-right actually does something to get noticed, Bannon is out within a week. If I didn't know better I would say Trump is virtue signaling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, do we know for sure why Bannon resigned or was fired or whatever? It just seems convenient to me that right as the alt-right actually does something to get noticed, Bannon is out within a week. If I didn't know better I would say Trump is virtue signaling.
    Trump promised to repeal and replace.

Hes just doing it with this staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    President Trump?! oh no that never happened.
    We're going to topple all the statues of Trump so that, by his logic, everyone forgets he was part of history.

Oh wait...there are no statues of Trump. This is the USA. We don't build statues to Nazis sympathizers.

- - - Updated - - -

So, do we know for sure why Bannon resigned or was fired or whatever?
    The evidence suggests it's both.

We know he resigned on the 7th, never left the White House, and it was *cough* "mutually decided" his last day would be yesterday. It sounds like he gave notice but they needed him gone sooner. So, he both resigned, and was also fired.

Because Trump hires the best people, the very best, bigly, they have to lose their job twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    On the other hand you do build statues for losing white supremacists
    We're working on that. When you've been at war as long as we have, over the course of our short time as a country, sometimes mistakes are made.
    Words were said. Traitors honored. Statues erected. Trump elected.

But we're working on that. Sorry, our bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last 24 hours of Breitbart headlines have mostly been "Yeah! Bannon's back! It's going to be so brutal! He's going to go to war! War! Any second now!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaany second now!"

"Just you wait!"

"By the way here's a video of Clinton while we get ready for war! Yeah!"

You know, I was under the impression barbarians kicked down the door and charge out swinging. Journalism moves fast. Where's the counter-punch? Where's the headlines? It's not like this was a surprise, he handed over his resignation the 7th, what's the holdup Breitbart? Are you slow, toothless, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The last 24 hours of Breitbart headlines have mostly been "Yeah! Bannon's back! It's going to be so brutal! He's going to go to war! War! Any second now!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaany second now!"

"Just you wait!"

"By the way here's a video of Clinton while we get ready for war! Yeah!"

You know, I was under the impression barbarians kicked down the door and charge out swinging. Journalism moves fast. Where's the counter-punch? Where's the headlines? It's not like this was a surprise, he handed over his resignation the 7th, what's the holdup Breitbart? Are you slow, toothless, or what?
    Just you wait. The Pepe memes will bring down the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Clinton's destruction of Libya... good god.

Do you not remember the whole "Lead from Behind" stuff with Obama? Libya was French/UK initiated, done through NATO. The US was the muscle as part of our NATO commitment. And on top of that we came in and bailed out our allies when they found themselves running short on munitions.

The US Military moved a grand total of zero assets to the region to strike Libya. They used what was in the Mediterranean and based in Europe (especially Italy). Robert Gates was about as thrilled about it as a root canal.

Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, had next to nothing to do with Libya beyond the basic requirements of her position.

Your knowledge of recent history is bad and wrong.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! This could be the administration's motto come to think of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bannon saw what Kelly represented and resigned. The timing, as it seems usual for Trump, is just horrible. Kelly and Bannon would never have gotten along, so he saved face by moving his war against Trump opponents to his news site.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The timing, as it seems usual for Trump, is just horrible.
    It's not that I disagree with you in general (har har get it?) but um...when would the best time, in the last six months, for Bannon to resign have been? Remember, he turned in his resignation the 7th, before Trump decided to court the Nazi vote, so sticking around until that happened was, yes, bad timing. BUT that was the first day of Trump's 17-day vacation, which still would have been a poor message. Should it have been when he was threatening fire and fury on North Korea? While Trump was giving Syria a harmless fireworks show and ruining our relationship with Russia? Between his first and second communications director, between his second and third, or between his third and fourth? While TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 3.0 3.1 and 3.McCain.Motherfucker failed? When Yates was fired, Comey was fired, Flynn was fired? When Sessions recused himself, when Trump attacked Sessions for recusing himself? When Mueller was brought on, before the first grand jury, between the first and second? When he dropped out of the Paris Accord? Or even further back, when he began his very first day and lied about the number of people at his inauguration and lied about it raining to people who were there?

You don't point to a fifty-foot gap in a bridge and say "look out for that spot thirty feet in, it looks bad". And you don't point to the last six months of Trump and say "well that week there was just bad timing". Trump's intentional ignorance of the job he fought for, his intentional attempts to do it as poorly as possible, and his intentional choice to surround himself with incompetent, unqualified, and/or corrupt people like DeVos, the Mooch, Tillerson, and Trump's own family, has made the entirety of his tenure a walking orange disaster.

This wasn't "bad timing". This is one puddle splash in a fucking monsoon of fuckedupery. It's not bad luck when you make nothing but ill-informed choices on purpose the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not that I disagree with you in general (har har get it?) but um...when would the best time, in the last six months, for Bannon to resign have been? Remember, he turned in his resignation the 7th, before Trump decided to court the Nazi vote, so sticking around until that happened was, yes, bad timing. BUT that was the first day of Trump's 17-day vacation, which still would have been a poor message. Should it have been when he was threatening fire and fury on North Korea? While Trump was giving Syria a harmless fireworks show and ruining our relationship with Russia? Between his first and second communications director, between his second and third, or between his third and fourth? While TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 3.0 3.1 and 3.McCain.Motherfucker failed? When Yates was fired, Comey was fired, Flynn was fired? When Sessions recused himself, when Trump attacked Sessions for recusing himself? When Mueller was brought on, before the first grand jury, between the first and second? When he dropped out of the Paris Accord? Or even further back, when he began his very first day and lied about the number of people at his inauguration and lied about it raining to people who were there?

You don't point to a fifty-foot gap in a bridge and say "look out for that spot thirty feet in, it looks bad". And you don't point to the last six months of Trump and say "well that week there was just bad timing". Trump's intentional ignorance of the job he fought for, his intentional attempts to do it as poorly as possible, and his intentional choice to surround himself with incompetent, unqualified, and/or corrupt people like DeVos, the Mooch, Tillerson, and Trump's own family, has made the entirety of his tenure a walking orange disaster.

This wasn't "bad timing". This is one puddle splash in a fucking monsoon of fuckedupery. It's not bad luck when you make nothing but ill-informed choices on purpose the entire time.
    Right after Mooch... show that the administration is changing under Kelly. I don't think Trump would have said both sides, if Kelly blocked him from having Bannon in his ear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How do you like you nazi defending president again?
    I convinced my parents to vote Garry Johnson, instead of Trump. They are gloating to our family members that voted Trump... right about now...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Right after Mooch... show that the administration is changing under Kelly
    Well, that more or less matches up with when Bannon resigned. So, good pick, I'd say.

Shame he didn't actually leave then, huh?

Bannon saw what Kelly represented and resigned. The timing, as it seems usual for Trump, is just horrible. Kelly and Bannon would never have gotten along, so he saved face by moving his war against Trump opponents to his news site.
    I don't really see how the timing is horrible for Trump. From where I'm standing, Bannon was the one guy that it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory to say that he has ties to the alt-right. Bannon being fired after recent events seems like it could be seen as Trump cleaning house and having a no tolerance policy for White Nationalists.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Ahhm after we've bombed, tortured, enslaved and annihilated everyone.

"Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a solitude and call it peace." - Calgacus
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.