Thread: Is Prot boring?

Is Prot boring?

I logged on my warrior the other day, and tried to tank a dungeon, and for some reason, the removal of a rage dumb ability (used to be heroic strike, was forcused rage) just has seemed to make the spec so boring.

Like, you had to decide, ok do I use rage on FR, or wait for IP, and now I just sit there and feel like there is no decision I have to make, just hit 3-4 buttons and that's it.

Maybe it's just me, but I did one dungeon and was like "paladin feels way better then this"

Ive found prot warriors to be a ton of fun, even more so after they added devastator. Lots of mobility, decent damage etc. It feels different from paladins thats for sure. You might just have to get adjusted to it.

It's kind of personal preference, if you don't enjoy warriors, then you just don't enjoy them for this expansion. There are way to make them more fun, in my opinion.

Sure, they can be boring if you don't take the Devastator talent, and take Indomitable talent as well. However, if you take Devastator plus Booming Voice plus Anger Management, you'll find that the style of play does change to some degree. You'll have more rage to dump into things outside of IP, like Revenge, which can do tons of damage in dungeons if you take the Best Served Cold talent.

I've played one since BC, and I can admit I don't really like this version in Legion all that much, but I do still find some enjoyment from playing it.

Like I said though, it's all personal preference.

If you find Prot boring, try pulling bigger groups more quickly? I love my tank, but there's a lot of input required to make it fun. It's not just an absorb/cleave spec like you seem to have played it.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

for me prot is really funny, a lot more than my brainless guardian

Not at all, Prot Warriors have a very reactive style of play.

If you want boring, try Guardian... nothing can beat that borefest of a tank.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Not at all, Prot Warriors have a very reactive style of play.

If you want boring, try Guardian... nothing can beat that borefest of a tank.
    You mean proactive, but yea, I enjoy them. You have to plan ahead slightly and prep for damage, as well as lining up CDs for dps can be fun

All opinion really, I hate tanking on my warrior but love it on my pally.

What kind of question is this?

This is like asking "Is cycling boring?" or "Is having an aquarium boring?".

It's subjective, why can't people understand that. Boring in itself is a subjective word. Stop asking this. Some find it boring some don't.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's subjective, why can't people understand that. Boring in itself is a subjective word. Stop asking this. Some find it boring some don't.
    But my opinion is the only opinion that matters.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Well, all tank specs was made kinda boring in Legion.
    Blizzard thought they were to hard to play and that making them super easy would make more people tank, I guess.

Didn't work out that way.

Ignore pain makes it fun for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?