Thread: Haste

Deleted

Haste

I'm somewhat new to WoW and I'm wondering about Haste.

I'm a Fury Warrior. Am I right by saying that haste does the follow:

Increases your auto-attack speed and the cooldown of -some- spells?

1. Does haste also increase the speed of the global cooldown?
    2. I take it since enrage speeds up my auto attacks it also speeds up how fast I get rage?
    3. Why doesn't my haste & on my character sheet increase when I'm enraged?

thank you.

Haste decreases the amount of time between swings and decreases your global CD. It will not affect the CD of any spells unless they specifically read as such.

Fury is an OS for me, and not a very good one at that, so I will leave those questions to others.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

For fury haste will reduce the CD of Bloodthirst and Raging Blow.

Yes, it also lowers your GCD.

Yes, you will generate rage from your auto attacks faster while enraged.

Enrage isn't a haste effect, so you don't gain actual haste. It just cuts your swing timer in half.

Since Fury is a gcd locked spec, meaning there is no down time, haste has a very high value since the more BTs, RBs & auto attacks leads to rage generation which gives you more rampages And is essential to your dps output. On the opposite end, assassination rogue has downtime in its rotation where you're waiting for something to mash devaluing haste quiet a bit, making other stats much more important. That's not to say haste is useless, just that point for point mastery and crit are better.

Also, because fury is gcd locked, you suffer more than most specs if you have to move out of melee range for mechanics. Assassin rogues have bleeds and again, downtime so they don't suffer as much doing certain mechanics.

Not singling out rogues, but I play an alt rogue and the comparisons are just for a haste conversation.

Sorry for the wall of text, trying to explain it a little different for you. The above posts are correct too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    Since Fury is a gcd locked spec, meaning there is no down time, haste has a very high value since the more BTs, RBs & auto attacks leads to rage generation which gives you more rampages And is essential to your dps output. On the opposite end, assassination rogue has downtime in its rotation where you're waiting for something to mash devaluing haste quiet a bit, making other stats much more important. That's not to say haste is useless, just that point for point mastery and crit are better.

Also, because fury is gcd locked, you suffer more than most specs if you have to move out of melee range for mechanics. Assassin rogues have bleeds and again, downtime so they don't suffer as much doing certain mechanics.

Not singling out rogues, but I play an alt rogue and the comparisons are just for a haste conversation.

Sorry for the wall of text, trying to explain it a little different for you. The above posts are correct too.
    What exactly do you mean by GCD locked? My best guess would be it's because most of the spells have no cooldown and/or it's because no spells except rampage have a cost meaning you can do as much as our GCD allows. Locked behind the GCD I expect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post

What exactly do you mean by GCD locked? My best guess would be it's because most of the spells have no cooldown and/or it's because no spells except rampage have a cost meaning you can do as much as our GCD allows. Locked behind the GCD I expect?

You will never have a time as Fury where you're waiting for something, or a button, to mash - meaning it's GCD locked. The only rage spenders you have is Rampage and execute, everything else either adds rage, or is free. This makes Haste really important because the faster your GCDs spin, the more spells you can cast over the course of an encounter. This is the reason War Machine is such a strong talent even if they're very few adds to kill during an encounter (and the only talent to take while questing).

Haste lowers the cool down of Blood Thirst and Raging Blow, your 2 core abilities, they enable the rest of your rotation by building rage to spend on Rampage, which guarantees an enrage (while you're enraged your mastery is really important). Furious Slash is a filler when you have nothing else to press - all of that adds up to a GCD locked spec.

The other dynamic is Mastery. Hopefully you've read Archi's guide and understand why balancing Haste and Mastery is important.

Other iterations of Fury have been different - even the SoO days had certain periods where waiting for something was a dps increase, instead of mindlessly spamming buttons causing you to rage starve. Arms now is like that, you have periods where you just auto attack and do nothing else, and no matter how short these periods are, it's still not a GCD locked spec.

You are asking about Haste because you probably read somewhere that it was good for fury warrior.
    Actually, I think it's easier to understand why haste is so good by looking at all the buffs we can have.

4 seconds of Enrage
    6 seconds of Frothing Berserker
    6 seconds of Odyn's Champion
    7 seconds of Battle Cry
    8 seconds of Raging Thirst
    12 seconds of Rage of the Valarjar

And you want to benefit from these buffs as much as you can by fitting in as much GCDs as you can!
    Haste is extremely important for this reason, although don't forget that Mastery could outvalue Haste at some point, point that is determined by your gear so you should always sim your character to see which stat is better when you consider equipping an item.
    Last edited by Emimi100; 2017-08-24 at 08:41 AM.