Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Unranked mode will just be like QP, but longer. There is nothing stopping the "it's just a game, i meme" crowd to just ignore the objective and team composition in a "more serious" game mode. There is nothing at stake without a ranking system... damn, i think that kind of players don't care about rank either and just screw around in competitive too; gotta farm those season rewards somehow.

Unranked or draft mode works in LoL and other dota games because at least you can ban and pick heroes accordingly, but even there i saw a fair share of players that won't support, pick another assassin and troll.

A rant to just say: some kind of players won't face consequences for their "bad" behavior in an online game, even if you put a casual, semi hardcore, hardcore, mlg pro mode unless Blizzard releases a "how to play with others" tutorial and start banning around that but that won't happen; "it's just a game, i want to have fun" (While they are getting stomped and they are sitting at 0 elims, obj time trying to solo a better team).
    There was talk of a 'Victory Points' system, which offered currency for cosmetics and stuff, similar to, but replacing the Competitive Points system currently in Comp as they don't like people farming Comp for golden weapons; I figure it wouldn't apply to Comp for that reason. I think that could incentivise winning, without the pressure of losing rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to care about winning in QP but these days I care more about just doing well myself, or playing mess around stuff like attack WM. It does feel recently though like even less people want to play heals/tank, even more so than usual. Unfortunately I don't really see anything that can be done on blizzards side to "fix" things.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I used to care about winning in QP but these days I care more about just doing well myself, or playing mess around stuff like attack WM. It does feel recently though like even less people want to play heals/tank, even more so than usual. Unfortunately I don't really see anything that can be done on blizzards side to "fix" things.
    Just throwing this out there but there's nothing wrong with attack widow, if you can land your shots you'll do fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Simply put, make them more interesting. I find all of the healers and tanks horrendously boring to play, especially now that Roadhog is a shadow of his former self. I'm sure many others feel the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Just throwing this out there but there's nothing wrong with attack widow, if you can land your shots you'll do fine.
    I know I know, but I still feel a bit dirty doing it...also doesn't help that I (mostly) suck at her.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Simply put, make them more interesting. I find all of the healers and tanks horrendously boring to play, especially now that Roadhog is a shadow of his former self. I'm sure many others feel the same.
    I agree, though Lucio and Winston I find fun just because you can really get in people's faces with them but otherwise they are pretty dull in general (never even play Mercy). Roadhog is definitely a good example since he was one of my top chars and now I've barely even touched him. Not that he is bad perse, but as you said, it's pretty boring and hooking people only to watch them get away most of the time is depressing. The only chars that don't need much of a change is Rein and Orisa since standing still(ish) and blocking damage is almost all they do.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-08-21 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Not played any Roadhog outside of Arcade where I wasn't given a lot of choice, but I find all the other tanks fun, D.Va and Orisa especially. Ana is also one of my favourite heroes to play, and I've been playing a good amount of Zen recently too. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm sure a lot of people just like to play tunnelling damage, which is why they like DPS heroes and don't like heroes that are disruptive to that, like Doomfist, old Hog, Mei, original McCree, as well as one shot abilities. Honesty, I find that single focus boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    quickplay is just a cesspool of cancer

it might as well just be deleted from the game

competitive needs an overhaul much more than cancerplay ever will. you know what quickplay is? ppl at gold/plat running bastion/torb/symmetra/winston/mercy and orissa/reinhardt on defense vs hanzo that can't aim/widow that can't aim/sombra/useless genji/doomfist/lucio that only uses speed song on attack

if presented the options in a scenario where a refusal to either request would result in death, id rather lick a pigs asshole for $20 than play quickplay

I definitely don't think QP should be changed. I primarily play Overwatch to goof around and have fun these days rather than trying to be competitive about it, and QP is the perfect place for that. I can see the desire for a competitive practice mode, though. The only problem is how you design something like that in a way that doesn't just turn into the same thing as QP over time. If something is supposed to be a more casual, stress-free alternative to the serious competitive mode, then people will naturally gravitate toward the sillier end of the spectrum. It's really hard to enforce a mode where people take the game seriously and play to win (from what I understand, even Ranked struggles with this) while simultaneously removing the stress of competition.

Ultimately I feel like organised games are the solution to this. It just doesn't seem super feasible to accomplish with random matchmaking.