Argus content development in November, far along? - Another Point to 8.0 Sooner

I only just came across this picture again and thought it was shopped. But no..
    The art here from Blizzcon on November 4th, is currently an -awesome- art asset in 7.3's "Shadows of Argus" ..
    Blizzcon:

7.3:

So how far along was Argus during this time? I assumed at the time that the Azeroth picture was simply Promo art and I kind of -forgot- about it, but we now see otherwise.

It's not like 7.2, besides the raid and dungeon, was a hefty amount of work. As I'm sure most of you are feeling about now.
    So Argus was a target of development a lot earlier than we probably expected. (I suppose I shouldn't speak for everyone, but that's the point. Speak up about your conflicting thoughts!)

I believe this is a decent bit of evidence towards a sooner expansion release. Even by winter.

I don't believe for a second that it's taken Blizzard this long to make Argus, rather; They've been polishing it for months, but working on Expansion 7 harder.
    Using 7.2 as a little bit of a filler, while sticking to a fantastic schedule to make it seem all organized rather than slightly manipulative (but not in a bad way.)

So, that's my thoughts. Yours?

We always get told the next expansion is going quicker and is progressed further at earlier stages.

It doesn't change the fact we've been regularly getting 10-14 month droughts since Cataclysm. I'll believe that they're going quicker when I see it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because a background being done is anything compared to a nearly-finished zone...

Anyways, Blizzard isn't going to just give us Argus raid and then a month later drop expansion. That's not like them. Plus, it would allow basically no one to experience the final raid content.

There is no way we're getting the next expansion by winter. Maybe by March, 2018, but don't be surprised if it isn't out till next Aug/Sep like Legion.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    They have probably been working on the next expansion for like 2 years already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    So, that's my thoughts. Yours?
    Winter 2018-2019 maybe... but not within the next 8months.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It's not uncommon for assets to exist long before they wind up being implemented into the live game. Some things remain in development for so long that they get scrapped permanently, such as the assets for the Abyssal Maw raid or the various unfinished BG maps we've seen glimpses of over the years. Presumably they knew Argus would be happening pretty early on and began working on assets for it, but starting work on something early doesn't mean it's in full production for the entire development cycle. Some authors like to write late chapters of their novels early on, then set them aside as they work on everything else leading up to that point.

Basically it's really hard to infer anything based on a few art assets existing months before their implementation. It's very unlikely that they've been dedicating the majority of their resources to 7.3 for that long, and even if they have, it doesn't necessarily hold any relevance to when the next expansion might be arriving. Given the devs' post-WoD comments about not rushing expansions out before they're ready, I don't think there's any evidence of the next one showing up any sooner than usual.

Speaking of "how far progressed was 7.3?", here's what is probably MacAree from the alpha.

Fractured planet backdrop, golden hills, draenei structures. Adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    We always get told the next expansion is going quicker and is progressed further at earlier stages.

It doesn't change the fact we've been regularly getting 10-14 month droughts since Cataclysm. I'll believe that they're going quicker when I see it.
    Since Wrath* as Wrath of the Lich King was longer than Cataclyms's final tier. By well over a month. Hell, even the Sunwell was almost 8 months long.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a follow up patch in the early months of the new year to perhaps wrap some plot points and lay the foundation for the next expansion. all put together the next expansion might at best come out in May/June.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised to see a follow up patch in the early months of the new year to perhaps wrap some plot points and lay the foundation for the next expansion. all put together the next expansion might at best come out in May/June.
    I'd like this! I've been wondering if Blizzard is going to take an -extremely smooth- expansion transition. Where the foundations are layed out before a prepatch, but during a 7.4. It would be kind of refreshing, but it takes away from reveal hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    I believe this is a decent bit of evidence towards a sooner expansion release. Even by winter.
    Expansion reveal at Blizzcon in November, and a release a little over a month later? Yeah, not gonna happen. Or do you mean winter 2018, because that's going to be much closer to the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Speaking of "how far progressed was 7.3?", here's what is probably MacAree from the alpha.

Fractured planet backdrop, golden hills, draenei structures. Adds up.
    Why would you think that's for the next alpha? We're not going to still be on Argus next expansion. If anything, if it gets used, it might be for the 7.4 patch.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2017-08-19 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Why would you think that's for the next alpha? We're not going to still be on Argus next expansion. If anything, if it gets used, it might be for the 7.4 patch.
    ... the Legion alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... every expansion there are groups of you who refuse to admit that the timing this go-around will probably be like it has been in the past. They announce about a year after launch and go live 9-12 months after announce. We're not getting 8.0 in March. They'll want the raid in 7.3.5 to have at least 6-8 months and that doesn't drop until Nov/December. Announce at Blizzcon, alpha in ~Jan/Feb, beta in March/April, release about 5 months past beta start.