Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trial of Style appreciation

Trial of Style has been great fun so far! I have had the best results with cloth, plate and leather but struggled with mail.

This micro event has been really interactive with others so far and genuinely been very very pleasant!

My biggest roadblocks were champions of the light, freestyle, everyday hero and summer.

What have been your obstacles?

People voting for crappy transmogs so they theirs has a better chance.

Deleted
    I like it, have only done it once so far where I won with freestyle as a theme.

Biggest obstacle was perhaps a difference in opinion as to what people should/shouldn't transmog to, personally I do not care for originality if said originality looks like garbage, and I don't mind using a full tier set if said tier set actually looks good. An Orc "miner" took an issue with my transmog, claiming that freestyle meant that you should be using random pieces, but from reading the in-game event itself I believe it said that you could use whatever you wanted.

Creativity is all well and good and can definitely be impressive if the end result actually looks good, but I definitely value a good set which fits well with a certain class and race over a bad looking transmog regardless of how original it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it, but its silly that you can queue up as group and basically just vote for eachother
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont like it...
    I love what blizzard did
    But first match i enter
    "Mismatched mayhem"
    me and 2 others actually go mismatched, everyone else just wears their transmog.
    i didnt make it in top 3... A hunter in the full shaman teir from heroic firelands with the fire bow won third... in mismatched mayhem... Fucking bullshit...

The voting system can be abit bad, for example someone with a shit mog can still win over someone with a good mog, if the shit person gets pit against SUPER shit mogs, and the good person gets pit against mogs about the same level, so they are split.

Idk if i worded it right, getting abit drunk. But its hard to example but i mean like
    Good/good
    3/3
    good/good
    3/3
    bad/good
    1/5
    =11 for good on the right
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/good
    1/5
    =13 for bad on the left
    now if the bad had been pit against all the good ones, and not just the bad ones, they woulda lost, but no badvbad it won

Also salty cause my mis matched mayhem was awesome and i lost to someone wearing their normal teir mog.... i mean...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-18 at 06:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

went in and won first place TWICE on my warlock, champion of light and freestyle
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I got first place at tabard theme without wearing tabard. 3 people had tabard, 3 didn't.

Saw guild group vote for one of theirs with mog that had nothing to do with theme.

Nothing to appreciate. Trial of style was lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Trial of Style has been great fun so far! I have had the best results with cloth, plate and leather but struggled with mail.

This micro event has been really interactive with others so far and genuinely been very very pleasant!

My biggest roadblocks were champions of the light, freestyle, everyday hero and summer.

What have been your obstacles?
    Can't recall the one, but there is a theme just for tabards. Always found it fishy..

My biggest cringe, I almost cry when pressing apply, Mismatched.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen some genuinely abysmal transmogs and some really really well thought out ones. Just completed a faction pride one, I was full stormwind set, with the wrynn alliance tabard. And lost. The three who won had no identity what so ever. A hunter in shaman gear, a paladin in a dkesque mog and a naked gnome.. hells bells.

Its really fun indeed. As mentioned, its silly that people win mismatched mayhem with full tierset, but then again, its just fun. Only done it on one char, 3rd place twice and 2 lower 3 and could buy the tmog after that.

All in all a fun little holiday event

It was fun. But got all the transmog sets you can get + the shirt (I won one in cloth freestyle woop) now so I guess I'm done.

I like it, too. There's only 2 things i dislike about it. The rewards are a little meager, and i straight up just don't understand some of the themes. What the hell are Everyday Heroes, Heroes of Azeroth, Ready for Battle, Primal Style, and make me laugh even supposed to be. Especially make me laugh, since all the items that could be considered "funny" in some way are not moggable. Also, if you don't know about these themes beforehand, and you don't have a tabard on you when it's tabard time, you're fucked.

Liked it greatly. Even with my limited wardrobe on my alt classes I managed to win few times and got few new mog sets out from it.

Deleted
    I think system needs to be improved:

1. Different people participating in contest and voting. Assigns randomly each time you queue. This way people won't vote for ugliest set hoping that they'd get more votes.
    2. More people to vote for.
    3. More rewards. Current rewards require participating 4 times, 2 if player wins.
    4. Better randomizer for theme. Tabard or freestyle appear more than half of time.
    5. Disable joining as group.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I like it, too. There's only 2 things i dislike about it. The rewards are a little meager, and i straight up just don't understand some of the themes. What the hell are Everyday Heroes, Heroes of Azeroth, Ready for Battle, Primal Style, and make me laugh even supposed to be. Especially make me laugh, since all the items that could be considered "funny" in some way are not moggable. Also, if you don't know about these themes beforehand, and you don't have a tabard on you when it's tabard time, you're fucked.
    Well,on everyday heroes I dressed as a sailor and got 2nd place(my paddle was a bit lame xD), primal I'd go with a wolf's head.

There are certainly some aspects that could've been done better IF this was a permanent system trying to be something else than a fun little event.

As a fun little event most of the things some people are bringing up are irrelevant given the kind of content we are talking about. This is not meant to be a rewarding important contest that takes rules seriously, this is just a fun way to be creative and play around with the mog system.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    Gotta love the tabard theme when only one player has a tabard to begin with.

Won the fourth one with Fun & Flirty. Novelty value, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Gotta love the tabard theme when only one player has a tabard to begin with.
    If the other people in the Tabard one I did are anything like me on my main I never wear a tabard. If you don't have one equipped there is nothing to mog. Luckily I keep alot of teleport crap on me at all times and could toss on my Argent Tourney one.

As for the trial I won the very first one which was the Agent of Light or whatever though as Priest I probably had some advantage to that theme. I don't really see them needing to change anything since it is just a 'for fun' micro thing with silly 'for fun' awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main thing I like about Trial of Style: free mogging. I've participated once, won in a Style: Primal theme,got my shirt, and I don't want to do any more really, the rewards aren't that exciting.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!