Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    He was carrying a toy gun. They told him to drop it, he said it isn't real, and they immediately opened fire and killed him.
    See, this is the point where you people don't address it at all. If the Police tells you to drop something, you Drop it. You can argue about it AFTER when the situation calms down, not when you're at gunpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Did your Grandfather have his gun IN HIS FUCKING POCKET.
    The cop didn't even know where said gun was. How can you claim someone is totally going for their gun, if you don't know where it is? Not to mention you just told them to get their papers on top.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "My papers are near the gun, sir."

Entire fucking confrontation avoided. Its not rocket science.
    Sounds like you refused to get the papers now, execution time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

"My papers are near the gun, sir."

Entire fucking confrontation avoided. Its not rocket science.
    People do not act calm and calculated when you pull a gun out and start screaming. That just isn't how human beings work. Your standard for Castille is that he exhibit perfect, calm, calculated, completely reasoned behavior, with every action being entirely pre-measured.... while your standard for the officer is that he can have a panic attack and pull out a gun and start screaming erratically.

- - - Updated - - -

See, this is the point where you people don't address it at all. If the Police tells you to drop something, you Drop it. You can argue about it AFTER when the situation calms down, not when you're at gunpoint.
    It's not an argument. It's a normal human response. Most people don't expect to suddenly be accosted by the police screaming orders at you. It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior, sitting in a comfy chair and declaring what you would do when a bunch of police suddenly appear and start screaming at you. In reality, people don't react with perfect reasoned actions when they are startled and given half a second.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    He was carrying a toy gun. They told him to drop it, he said it isn't real, and they immediately opened fire and killed him.
    In Ninespines's "police have no right to life" utopia, I guess criminals will just be able to say the gun they are pointing at police isn't real... They can line up their shot and shoot the police... Only then, after being shot, can the police defend themselves!

What a fantastic argument.

Did your Grandfather have his gun IN HIS FUCKING POCKET.
    Whatever happened to critical thinking???

Your first reaction as a cop when someone tells you they are carrying a gun should be "oh he's a legal gun owner" not "he's going to kill me".
    He's sitting in a car with his family and he's telling you he's a gun owner. Where is this crazy fear for your life coming from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The cop didn't even know where said gun was. How can you claim someone is totally going for their gun, if you don't know where it is? Not to mention you just told them to get their papers on top.
    The Key here is communication. Police are not evil robots, Comply, talk with the officer.

Speaking as experience from a Man with a "8" camping knife who has constantly been stopped by Police when I go camping or chopping wood with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sounds like you refused to get the papers now, execution time.
    Is your only argument fallacious nonsense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Whatever happened to critical thinking???

Your first reaction as a cop when someone tells you they are carrying a gun should be "oh he's a legal gun owner" not "he's going to kill me".
    He's sitting in a car with his family and he's telling you he's a gun owner. Where is this crazy fear for your life coming from?
    The OP sort of shows why.

Do you people actually think that if a police officer kicked down your door right now and started screaming orders at you, you would immediately and perfectly react? That's not the real world. I've had guns on me before, on multiple occasions. They don't elicit calm, calculated, measured responses. They elicit confusion and panic.

- - - Updated - - -

In Ninespines's "police have no right to life" utopia, I guess criminals will just be able to say the gun they are pointing at police isn't real... They can line up their shot and shoot the police... Only then, after being shot, can the police defend themselves!

What a fantastic argument.

Did he point the gun at them? No, he didn't.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    It's especially funny because refusing to get the papers literally provokes no armed response from the Officer.

The Key here is communication. Police are not evil robots, Comply, talk with the officer.
    lol This thing escalated in like three seconds. He didn't have time to talk, now did he?

"Oh sorry offic..." BAM dead

Deleted
    Do you people actually think that if a police officer kicked down your door right now and started screaming orders at you, you would immediately and perfectly react perfectly? That's not the real world. I've had guns on me before, on multiple occasions. They don't elicit calm, calculated, measured responses. They elicit confusion and panic.

- - - Updated - - -

Did he point the gun at them? No, he didn't.
    I would yes. or try my best to. I have a Question; are you Black?

Speaking as experience from a Man with a "8" camping knife who has constantly been stopped by Police when I go camping or chopping wood with it.
    Castille did talk to him. He told him he wasn't reaching for it, and he wasn't. The officer shot him anyway.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an argument. It's a normal human response. Most people don't expect to suddenly be accosted by the police screaming orders at you. It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior, sitting in a comfy chair and declaring what you would do when a bunch of police suddenly appear and start screaming at you. In reality, people don't react with perfect reasoned actions when they are startled and given half a second.
    Only the police don't just "accost" random people... They confront people who violate laws or are suspected of violating laws.

Like Mr. Castile who was pulled over for traffic violations AND was fucking driving under the influence, high... HIS actions are what escalated the situation... Not the fucking police. The police pull over millions of people a year, they don't kill them. What makes this incident unique? Oh yeah, the guy fucking ignoring commands and reaching for his weapon, go fucking figure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    lol This thing escalated in like three seconds. He didn't have time to talk, now did he?
    I find that completely untrue though. Seeing as I have watched dozens of Bodycam and security of Police and they don't do things "In 3 seconds."

- - - Updated - - -

Castille did talk to him. He told him he wasn't reaching for it, and he wasn't. The officer shot him anyway.
    If there is proof of this, the officer would have been arrested and tried for Manslaughter then. Was there proof of this?

Perhaps you should read the majority of comments in those threads. "useless thug ignoring order? deserve to get shot!"

Full of those. So, in the spirit of so many of such replies, if you don't get the papers but start talking, you'd obviously be order ignoring thug then. And from those comments we can see what's the reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I would yes. or try my best to. I have a Question; are you Black?
    No, I'm white, and where I've had guns pulled on me, a white American is most certainly not the majority.

Do you think we subject soldiers to months of intense training to be able to handle combat situations for no reason? We do it because adrenaline completely fucks your ability to make rational decisions.
    -ynnady

The OP sort of shows why.
    Explain to me how 2 officers getting ambushed and cops coming to face a crazy person shooting with a rifle is in any way similar as in stopping a random car that features a family and a legal gun owner.

I find that completely untrue though. Seeing as I have watched dozens of Bodycam and security of Police and they don't do things "In 3 seconds."

- - - Updated - - -

If there is proof of this, the officer would have been arrested and tried for Manslaughter then. Was there proof of this?
    It's on the fucking video. Did you not watch the video? You haven't even watched the fucking video and you are telling us why we are wrong? Are you for real?
    -ynnady

Deleted
    No, I'm white, and where I've had guns pulled on me, a white American is most certainly not the majority.

Do you think we subject soldiers to months of intense training to be able to handle combat situations for no reason? We do it because adrenaline completely fucks your ability to make rational decisions.
    And yet I have been in those situations dozens of times, and I have never been so much as handcuffed by the police.