Deleted

[Enh] Mage Tower Challenge?

I gave the Mage Tower Challenge some serious tries today, i have watched and read several guides, but i have only got them down to about 50% and most tries in the same way: Sigryn is empowered, the axe guy is spinning, there is green shit all over the floor, runes appear and i die due to not being able to deal with everything at once.

Am i missing something or do i just get bad rng?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Thats a clear "break point" in the fight. You have to stun the spinner, hex Sigryn and just run to the runes.
    I keep hex on Sigryn for most of the fight, trouble is that empowered Sigryn cant be hexed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loribo View Post
    I keep hex on Sigryn for most of the fight, trouble is that empowered Sigryn cant be hexed?
    As a Ret, I could still repentance her. You need to watch out for DR or you won't be able to deal with that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

- you spend most time damaging the caster, so you are ready to burst shield when it pops.
    Kite berserker and sigryn away from him.

Prioritize :
    1. Hex Sigryn only when she empowers, only diminishing returns on cc make her immune.
    2. Dodging valkyrs
    3. Runes (small first)
    4. Bursting down the casters bubble and interrupt.

kiting the caster slowly, backpedal in melee range, makes it possible to position him without using interrupts.

Wait 15s or whatever between hexes so you don't build CC DR on her.

Deleted
    I gave the Mage Tower Challenge some serious tries today, i have watched and read several guides, but i have only got them down to about 50% and most tries in the same way: Sigryn is empowered, the axe guy is spinning, there is green shit all over the floor, runes appear and i die due to not being able to deal with everything at once.

Am i missing something or do i just get bad rng?
    My Enh is 914 ilvl decided to try Mage Tower took me 10 tries to do it was alot easier than i thought and i was unbuffed no food flasks etc.i tryed on my Ret last few times mage tower was up 918ilvl and i just cant seem to get it down so was surprised i got it down on Enh as i class my self better on my Ret lol i did the SP challange when it first came out 904 ilvl took about 3mins doing the burst way xD

I finally go to around to completing mine last week so I'll try to offer a little advice.

To start the fight I would pull Sigryn to the entrance and Hex her. This gives you a big window to pop your CDs, Lust, and really get a good chunk of damage into the other two. Always try to cleave if possible but not if you might break your Hex early on Sigryn.

I found it easier to stun the melee guy when he empowers and the kite in a circle. There comes times when you will have to use Astral Shift and take a couple shots if the empower is going off with runes. For the Bladestorm, I would just outrange it

For the caster, I would simply burn down the shield and then wait to interrupt until the last 2-3 seconds. If Sigryn is hexed, then that is all free damage time into the boss.

Once Sigryn gets out of the original Hex from the start of the fight I would always try to save the next one for when she empowers. Make a focus Hex macro and just be quick with it.

Other than that it's just practice with the Valkyr. Sometimes you get bugs where the Valkyr just fly across without spawning first. Seems to happen more when she comes out of Hex

Take rainfall to stay alive and ES to burst down the caster shield or add damage when you aren't dealing with mechanics. There's dbm for the challenge to to help you with valk timing and timing your stun totem for the spinny guy. Also, if you have prydaz or roots for leggos, use them, use both if you have it. The fight isn't a dps race.

She can be hexed but it DRs like in PvP. You should only hex her during her Blood of my Father cast or w/e it is.

You are running into diminishing returns. Only hex her when she is starting to empower or whatever its called.

I'm also having issues with hexing Sigryn. If she's targeted, it's fine, but when trying to use my focus macro, it doesn't work. Hex casts, but nothing happens to Sigryn, even if it's the first time I've cast hex on her. I've gone back and made sure she's set at my focus target and I'm not just doing something stupid. Unfortunately, at least in this case, I'm not being stupid. Anyone have any insights?

Since this is my first post, the forums are telling me I'm not allowed to post my actual macro, so let me try to get the information across. Line one is basic showtooltip hex. Line two is slash cast, open bracket at focus,exists,nodead, close bracket, Hex.
    Last edited by Maeraa; 2017-09-10 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeraa View Post
    I'm also having issues with hexing Sigryn. If she's targeted, it's fine, but when trying to use my focus macro, it doesn't work. Hex casts, but nothing happens to Sigryn, even if it's the first time I've cast hex on her. I've gone back and made sure she's set at my focus target and I'm not just doing something stupid. Unfortunately, at least in this case, I'm not being stupid. Anyone have any insights?

Since this is my first post, the forums are telling me I'm not allowed to post my actual macro, so let me try to get the information across. Line one is basic showtooltip hex. Line two is slash cast, open bracket at focus,exists,nodead, close bracket, Hex.
    So like this? /cast [@focus] Hex

That's what I was using and it was just fine. Same for when I used /cast [@focus] Repentance

Maybe try removing the show tooltip part? Seems a bit unnecessary anyway.

Personally I did similar to above poster, but I did also use Capacitor totem sometimes on Jarl Velbrand when he was empowered. Rarely would cause an issue with his whirlwind until the end, but it does seem like you can just panic and run away in ghost wolf, and at a certain distance you won't take damage from him anymore while he spins? Otherwise, don't forget how large of a range Earthbind has also.

Priority is always mechanics though. I had Pryhaz luckily enough unlike when I did it as Ret though.

Also, side note, if you stun/hex Sigryn WHILE she casts "blood of my father", and you can see she doesn't have the fel buff on her, you can safely break the hex and continue to use her for cleave.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-09-13 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    For starters, I find Sigryn to be the easiest fight in the mage tower, relatively seen from my point of view (coming from the fact that its for class specs I have not played at all or not played for years, and had not only to learn the spec but the encounter as well). It's mostly about executing mechanics correctly, and as soon as you get these, you are golden.

It took me about 30 attempts to practice the encounter on my mage, and afterwars, I just had to adapt to melee on my rogue, shaman and paladin (all 3 about 10 or less attempts to get used to the specific class play). Shaman has the great benefit of being able to get a chunk of damage on the caster while dodging valkyrs with some specific CDs and I had the easiest time breaking the shield with that character (gearscore about 905, 970 sephuz + legs, crappy trinkets and no set items, and some concordance traits, but no Argus upgrades / crucible upgrades). I have used a stamina flask and some buff food, but ran out of runes, forgot potions, and probably even failed my bloodlust in the successful attempt.

Of course, legs are great to ignore some damage, but if you don't hex Sigryn permanently in the first part of the fight, only when she is about to become empowered, then the 2nd part gets very easy because you can keep her almost full time in CC and don't have much to worry about green puddles on the floor. Also, ghost wolf is awesome to run over runes.

You just have to survive the transition from phase 1 to phase 2, because then usually many mechanics overlap. Then, you have to make the right decisions by intuition - like, hexing Sigryn right when she empowers and dodging Valkyrs being the most important, runes leave you a couple of seconds of breath time, and the other two guys are the least of your problems.

I had some macros, like this one:
    /target Sigryn
    /cast Hex
    /targetlasttarget

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cal87 View Post
    My Enh is 914 ilvl decided to try Mage Tower took me 10 tries to do it was alot easier than i thought and i was unbuffed no food flasks etc.i tryed on my Ret last few times mage tower was up 918ilvl and i just cant seem to get it down so was surprised i got it down on Enh as i class my self better on my Ret lol i did the SP challange when it first came out 904 ilvl took about 3mins doing the burst way xD
    I had the same impression, that Enh was much easier than Retri. Though I had a healing legendary with Enh and only DPS ones with Retri, so this might have made the difference. I also had more puddles from Sigryn's spear on the floor in the Retri version, probably because the CC time is shorter and I have been saving up stuns for Jarl enrage. But in the end, I got the encounter on both character with similar gear, the Enh just needed less consumables. Demo lock was easiest, because the character was shortly before 930 item level. Got this done on first try, since I did not had to practice much.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-10-25 at 01:23 PM.