Thread: Shaman DPS help

Deleted

Shaman DPS help

Hello friends.

I mainly play resto shaman with my pals in mythic +.
    Nothing higher than 9 now since they are lowgeard.
    I have around 930 in my resto and around 925+ in enh. But our group lacka range DPS since everyone that I know is stubborn to play there "oldschool main" - rogue / DK / paladins.
    So since I am the only one with a range spec, and we have a pal leveling up a druid wanting to heal. I am wondering how ELE shams put out in mythic +
    And.. most importantly what build I should go for 3+ affixes mythic +.
    Should I go burn ACS build, but then I wonder if the cleave / aoe will lack to much for trash etc. Or go LR, but wondering if my single target boss dps will lack to much

Questions questions..

I have a alot of variation for gear from my raid days so can basicly go any way in the ele build. Only thing I lack is trinkets, but with Argus that should go quiet fast to get. Also have the 4 set bonus from T20 heroic.

So, please help a fellow brother out and provide som info reguarding the ELE sham in mythic +, what build is the most reliable and what stats I should stack into it.

Yours , Marrstah

Ele Shaman is one of the best DPS classes for M+, the cleave and AoE burst is absurd. Stormkeeper will basically delete an entire trash pack a minute, it's silly.

The T20 4p is good but it's not SUPER helpful for big AoE pulls, it's great for 2-3 target cleave though since you can put flame shock on three mobs and then pop your elemental so every dot tick is a crit.

Best build for M+ is the Ascendance, I think (or Lightning Rod at higher keystone levels, depending on the dungeon). Assuming you have no legendaries, you want to go 3/1/1/2/3/3/x. Elemental Blast takes priority over every other ability 100% of the time, use it whenever it's up. Check icy-veins for the rotation, it's pretty simple. (It's basically just EB and Chain Lightning on big aoe pulls)

Stats don't matter too much with Ele, just use your Resto gear and stat stick trinkets (haste is ideal)

One thing about higher keystones is that you're definitely not going to do TOP DAMAGE on bosses, but you're going to delete trash packs which is more important.

Last night I did a +11 after a raid and forgot I was logging, so here's a BRH 11 parse, if it helps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Th/#fight=last

Deleted
    1. stats
    crit over haste for aoe.
    crit=haste for ST.
    SIM for most accurate data.

2. talents
    LR, LMT, PE. DO NOT run EB, it's lost a lot of value due to mastery being shit with t20. Same goes for LMT vs Echo.
    You have to consider that most bosses in m+ allow for cleave/heavy aoe, hence running ascendance is an overall dps loss in EVERY dunegon (yes, even upper kara). Same goes for echo.

If you have boots + gloves and optimal stats, you can start running AfS, instead of AS and gamble w/o asc @ ST. Yes - it works and the offset to aoe is minimal at best.

3. maximize eq usage on big aoe pulls and plan its placement, if you know that the tank will have to move (comes with experience).

4. DONT use icy veins.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    1. stats
    crit over haste for aoe.
    crit=haste for ST.
    SIM for most accurate data.

2. talents
    LR, LMT, PE. DO NOT run EB, it's lost a lot of value due to mastery being shit with t20. Same goes for LMT vs Echo.
    You have to consider that most bosses in m+ allow for cleave/heavy aoe, hence running ascendance is an overall dps loss in EVERY dunegon (yes, even upper kara). Same goes for echo.

If you have boots + gloves and optimal stats, you can start running AfS, instead of AS and gamble w/o asc @ ST. Yes - it works and the offset to aoe is minimal at best.

3. maximize eq usage on big aoe pulls and plan its placement, if you know that the tank will have to move (comes with experience).

4. DONT use icy veins.

You're welcome.
    this is assuming your group literally has no AoE and the instance is has loads of big packs.

you can go ascendance lower your overall dps, increase your single target and your actual clear time, if you're running with say a boomkin/warrior i see no reason to go super fucking hard on AoE talents it's pure overkill unless the instance is a really high key, then it's the same story you'll be great on AoE and dead fucking weight on the boss because your ST is ass and you're holding the group back.

there's a reason the MDI had only 2 elemental shamans, it's a good +10 spec, +17 and bleh it really falls off.

Deleted
    there's a reason the MDI had only 2 elemental shamans, it's a good +10 spec, +17 and bleh it really falls off.
    It falls off only due to its lack of survivability, damage wise it stays on par, provided you know what you're doing, which clearly - you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    It falls off only due to its lack of survivability, damage wise it stays on par, provided you know what you're doing, which clearly - you don't.
    what boomkins with their amazing barkskin/sit in bearform was the most wanted spec because amazing survival? same reason they're wanted in mythic raids right?

lol no moonfire/sunfire/starfall is fucking insane spread or stacked damage and really mobile vs elemental you'll notice how boomkins parse much higher than elemental in mythic raids for exactly that reason.

please don't talk shit without facts to back it up, i have the source of MDI & mythic raids - warcraft logs proving balance is far superior whilst only having a 20% damage reduction ability & no immunity, what's your source? did you once do m+17 with a mediocre balance druid and barely keep up and on a key that favours elemental like BRH instead of something bad like EoA or upper kara?

Deleted
    Yes, referencing mythic raid data to talk about overall damage output in m+ is certainly a very logical avenue for discussion. Same goes for MDI, in which boomkin was favoured for the extra utility, not damage.
    And if you think that boomkin's survivability is not miles ahead of shaman, then you're beyond clueless.

did you once do m+17 with a mediocre balance druid and barely keep up and on a key that favours elemental like BRH instead of something bad like EoA or upper kara?

sounds like someone just can't face upto the facts elemental isn't good dps in high m+ and blames his survival and utility LUL.

keep telling your group to pull huge stand in 1 place whilst mobs never move or make you move, and pretend bosses don't have a ton of hp, it's all because of no bear form and no battle ress right? rofl.

Deleted
    don't worry about me, or my group, you better get going to roll that bomkin, boy. Now stop derailing this thread. Thanks.

i don't worry about world 3000 ranked players it's ok dude.

(just listen to my advice instead of these nerds)

Deleted
    Yeah, if you want to do literally everything backwards, then by all means - listen to his advice.
    To the guy above this one - ignorance is bliss my child.

There's a good post of storm, earth and lava website from one of the guys in the MDI tournament who plays shaman.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    Last night I did a +11 after a raid and forgot I was logging, so here's a BRH 11 parse, if it helps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Th/#fight=last
    You are really hurting your self if you are not running Liquid Magma Totem in BRH. On the last boss the totem gets its own buff on the boss, and therefore does a lot of dmg: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

I am mostly running elemental on fortified weeks as my AoE can really make a difference. But when is tyrannical I am going resto as I am normally running with other great AoE dps and at least my single target can't keep up.

Oh and https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele/ have some great info for elemental shamans