Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

when you learned to cook?

trying to learn to cook food but i am not making good progress, the chicken was very dry and the pasta was not cooked long enough! seems so hard to learn to cook food right, always something wrong! potatoes boiled too much, broccoli being not soft to chew!

how did you learn to cook and when??

If you're not following recipes to a letter, which I don't, then it's all trial and error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I learned to read.

at school and at home from childhood, continuing through adulthood with recipes from internet and friends. early cooking experiments always have some problems, just takes practice to get it right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If you're not following recipes to a letter, which I don't, then it's all trial and error.
    i tried to follow recipe but i got very dry chicken from that doesnt taste good!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    When I learned to read.
    Ye. I cook for a living but hell if I'm not just gonna throw shit in a pan and have some fun.

Anyway, chicken can be dangerous so for a beginner i would choose something less deadly like a homemade spaghetti sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    i tried to follow recipe but i got very dry chicken from that doesnt taste good!
    What was the recipe?

trying to learn to cook food but i am not making good progress, the chicken was very dry and the pasta was not cooked long enough! seems so hard to learn to cook food right, always something wrong! potatoes boiled too much, broccoli being not soft to chew!

how did you learn to cook and when??
    You should watch some videos on youtube about what you want to cook. This is what i do a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am NOT trying to be sexist at all but I am NOT a cook in any sense of the word, it would probably be my only reason I can think of immediately why being married would be a good option.

Obviously not for the food, but if she can and would cook, that would be pretty damned awesome. If cooking is up to me, everybody dies.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well,when I went to live alone I had to eat somehow,so I tried out stuff,some were bad,some were good...a lot of trial and error later,and I'm here

How about checking the food occasionally and before eating ? Taste the pasta, stick toothpick into the potatoes and stab the chicken with fork or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am NOT trying to be sexist at all but I am NOT a cook in any sense of the word, it would probably be my only reason I can think of immediately why being married would be a good option.

Obviously not for the food, but if she can and would cook, that would be pretty damned awesome. If cooking is up to me, everybody dies.
    It's not always the case that woman cooks better tho For example my mom used to be a cook in her youth, still cooks really good food, but her (now ex) husband cooked even better food.

I learnt to cook at school as part of the lessons. We rotated between home etc, resistant materials and systems and control (electronics) for about 6 years so learnt from about the age of 10 how to start cooking basic food.

I would say a bologanase sauce would be a better beginner recipe than cooking chicken, as stated above, simply due to not wanting to die of food poisoning or salmonella!

As for following the recipe, which recipe are you trying to follow. For beginners I would recommend the easy cook magazine or recipes from the BBC, as they are designed to be simple to follow.

Deleted
    What was the recipe?
    i used this http://www.delfi.lv/receptes/makaron....d?id=48677709 but chicken was very dry...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not always the case that woman cooks better tho For example my mom used to be a cook in her youth, still cooks really good food, but her (now ex) husband cooked even better food.
    That is why I said I am not trying to be sexist, I only meant it in that it would be the biggest benefit for getting married. Hell I'd marry Chef Boyardi at this point LOL

Yeah I am horrible at the cooking thing.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am not sure what people mean by learning to cook.
    There is nothing to learn about putting something in the oven or the microwave.à
    Learned to boil water? I guess
    More "Advanced" Techniques such as a Mary bath (probably got the name wrong, my engrish is great) could be defined as learned to cook, I suppose.

In other words, I don't consider it very possible to "learn to cook" it is a case by case basis of learning to cook X so that it tastes good, memorizing the recipe, finding the perfect fire power and timer, etc.

So as a poster above said, when I learned to read and when I learned to google.

i used this http://www.delfi.lv/receptes/makaron....d?id=48677709 but chicken was very dry...
    A little difficult without actually knowing what it says D:

On the offhand tho, I'd suggest adding some food cream, if it already doesn't suggest it, dunno. If it does, then add some more.

At home. My parents had me cook for the family once a week. But, really, it's not hard, as long as you can read a recipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    At home. Trial and error really.
    I think as long as you cook meals you never stop learning.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started to cook when I was about 10ish usually small stuff like baked potatoes gradually working up towards hamburgers from scratch when I was 12.