Computer-Illiterate Buying New Desktop

Hey all,

I would really appreciate some help in buying a new gaming computer. I play a lot of different MMOs and I'm looking forward to some new ones coming to the market. My current desktop is no longer functioning and I'd like to replace it with something I can get a decent lifespan from.

I'm looking for a company you all would recommend where I can pick the parts and they build and mail me the computer. I tried to use one site to build the "Unicorn" build on MMO-champion and they quoted me at $2500. I'd like to stay under $1500, if possible.

Also, I've heard mention of waiting a few days for Coffee Lake. Although I'm not sure what that is, I can wait until it's released to order and would prefer to do so if it's a much better product. If anybody is also willing to help me design a great computer, I would love that assistance! I don't currently stream, but I might be looking to in the future.

Thank you!

Hey, wait for Intel to announce new CPUs on Monday: you're going to have a much better idea what's out there. Right now everything you can buy might be irrelevant compared to what you could get in 1-2 months.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Hey, wait for Intel to announce new CPUs on Monday: you're going to have a much better idea what's out there. Right now everything you can buy might be irrelevant compared to what you could get in 1-2 months.
    Yeah, that's what I had gathered from reviewing other posts.

Any recommendations on a reliable site that I can build a computer on that they will ship it pre-made for me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If you really are "computer illiterate", then building a computer yourself would be extremely difficult, unless you've got a computer-savvy friend to assemble it for you.
    I think he said he wanted a company that pre-builds...dont know where your going with your insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindustry View Post
    Yeah, that's what I had gathered from reviewing other posts.

Any recommendations on a reliable site that I can build a computer on that they will ship it pre-made for me?
    Depends on where you're from. Generally I'd stay away from pre-builds, look for a local shop that can put that can assemble the parts you buy yourself. Also, the hardest part of building your PC is choosing components, and you're covered here, so I wouldnt exclude the possibility of building it yourself, even if you're computer-illiterate.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B