Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you want reliable you'd have to pay $100 and more.
    $45-60 Nagas on Amazon - no problem. Times change.

IMO, 20 bucks more certainly worth not having bullshit issues a couple of months in. Now, I am not saying Razer is the pinnacle of reliability, but it is certainly better than some noname vendor with shit reviews. The real question here is not what you get out of the box, but how it fares after some time and the difference shows.

Honestly, I believe Razer gets a bit of undeserved hate there, I use plenty of Razer stuff and the only one that gone to shit for me so far is their headset (and honestly I had Roccat headset too and damn, that one literally died horrible mechanical death 2 months in, so compared to that a year and a bit of Razer was amazing), the rest like keyboards, mouse, mic, mats are all solid couple years in for me.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-09-14 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    $45-60 Nagas on Amazon - no problem. Times change.
    Nagas on the exact same level of reliablity. This is not 2013. Razer is making the same shit as those noname vendors right now, the only difference is that you're paying a huge markup for the known brand.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstrike 1983 View Post
    I ditched my Naga for a Reddragon one for a third of the price and have never looked back.
    I did the exact same!, love reddragon mice. Never had an issue with mine and it has lasted way longer than any razer mouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you want reliable you'd have to pay $100 and more.
    That is not true, my reddragon mouse is less than half the price of the naga and it works a treat, very reliable!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard of any issues with the Redragon mice I've recommended to people, and it's been years for some of them.

FWIW, ever Razer keyboard i have ever purchased is still going strong (Two 2012 BWUs, a 2014 BWU, BW:TE, and a BW:TE Chroma, and now an Ornata Chroma (though that isn't mechanical), despite some of them having been doused with water multiple times.

Their mice, on the other hand - one of the guys i work with that puts on tournaments and provides hardware for tournaments and conventions has had about half the mice Razer gave him (for free/as sponsorship) fail, usually quite early on in their lives. Razer has replaced all of them for free as well, so, goodwill there, but the failure rate is rather high. All of the keyboards are still trucking, though - ~80 or so Black Widow (plain old Black Widows from 2013) boards. And they get abused at events for 72 hours at a go.

Seems to be mostly a mouse issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    The Naga is the best designed MMO Mouse. Shame about the build quality. The prices also keep increasing...

I am testing a Roccat Nyth right now and will post my review later.
    The Corsair Scimitar is good. I use the because it's the only one that has a wireless rechargeable model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Redragon Perdition would like to have a word with you.
    I've used the Redragon, Scimitar and Naga and you can really tell the difference vs the Redragon. It's a great mouse, especially for the price and the difference isn't great enough to make the Naga worth it.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2017-09-15 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I've really enjoyed the razer products that i've had despite the mice breaking VERY frequently
    ... Why? That's like fucking stockholm syndrome. The only time this behavior is acceptable is if there's no alternative. The Razer Naga was the first MMO mouse (to my knowledge), and since using one, I require to always use one for gaming; back then I was sorta stuck with them as a result. I've since switched to the Logitech G600 though, which still tends to break but usually after a year or two (and it's got a 3 year warranty). MMO mice just have too much shit in them *shrug*.

Razer is overhyped pieces of garbage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ... Why? That's like fucking stockholm syndrome. The only time this behavior is acceptable is if there's no alternative. The Razer Naga was the first MMO mouse (to my knowledge), and since using one, I require to always use one for gaming; back then I was sorta stuck with them as a result. I've since switched to the Logitech G600 though, which still tends to break but usually after a year or two (and it's got a 3 year warranty). MMO mice just have too much shit in them *shrug*.

Razer is overhyped pieces of garbage.
    I've had 2 Nagas and my first one lasted 3 years and my current has been fine for nearly a year, so to me they don't seem to be. I had two Xbox 360's get rings of death though so Xobox's are pieces of garbage in my opinion and I haven't bought one since.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a window of time, I'd say 2012-13, where I kind of liked Razer products. Then came the shitty 2013 Death Adders that has mouse-wheels crap out. Then they started omitting proper Cherry MX keyswtiches in favour of their garbage proprietary switches. Cloud-enabled mouse drivers were the last straw for me. Get off my lawn.

I'm still hanging on to a couple of 2012 Death Adders at work and home. They're still working like a charm. Had 3 2013s die.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    FWIW, ever Razer keyboard i have ever purchased is still going strong (Two 2012 BWUs, a 2014 BWU, BW:TE, and a BW:TE Chroma, and now an Ornata Chroma (though that isn't mechanical), despite some of them having been doused with water multiple times.

Their mice, on the other hand - one of the guys i work with that puts on tournaments and provides hardware for tournaments and conventions has had about half the mice Razer gave him (for free/as sponsorship) fail, usually quite early on in their lives. Razer has replaced all of them for free as well, so, goodwill there, but the failure rate is rather high. All of the keyboards are still trucking, though - ~80 or so Black Widow (plain old Black Widows from 2013) boards. And they get abused at events for 72 hours at a go.

Seems to be mostly a mouse issue.
    As I've said before, Razer dropped the quality starting from items produced in the middle of 2014. So that most likely doesnt apply to the stuff you got.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    There was a window of time, I'd say 2012-13, where I kind of liked Razer products. Then came the shitty 2013 Death Adders that has mouse-wheels crap out. Then they started omitting proper Cherry MX keyswtiches in favour of their garbage proprietary switches. Cloud-enabled mouse drivers were the last straw for me. Get off my lawn.

I'm still hanging on to a couple of 2012 Death Adders at work and home. They're still working like a charm. Had 3 2013s die.
    My old Razer Death Adder that I bought in January 2009 works like a charm, still!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I had razer copperhead and deathadder. Both began to double click after 8-9 months of use. After that i bought a cheap A4 bloody mouse and its still working fine after 2 years. I dont think ill buy another razer mouse...

Gone through two hexes, I honestly love the design but it doesn't last for long (less than a year until it double clicks or laser goes off the fritz. 3 strikes your out, not dealing with Razor again. I'm doing well with the Proteus Core.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My old Razer Death Adder that I bought in January 2009 works like a charm, still!
    Yeah the old-school Razer kit was pretty great! Not sure what happened...
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Yeah the old-school Razer kit was pretty great! Not sure what happened...
    They got popular. Same thing pretty much happened with Corsair.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They got popular. Same thing pretty much happened with Corsair.
    I wonder how objective all that is really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I wonder how objective all that is really.
    Fair thing to wonder.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had my Deathadder for years now and it's been an exceptional mouse. Survived excessive use too back in the day and although it doesn't get used as much anymore, it's still superb.

I have an old Razer Diamondback Chameleon that still works perfectly.

I think that I bought it in the early 2000's.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Deleted
    Still got a Razer HEX. It's at other side of the room. Mouse was good, disliked the software big time.
    Got a G600 instead, been great for four years & only recently had a minor double click, but fixed easily. Software is really good!

Also used to have Razer Carcharias (or wtf it's called) headset. Any time muted the mic', anyone on other end said it sounded like a plane taking off. His did same. Also saw some youtubers have similar problems with same headset.
    The jack knackered a mere 14 months after purchase, never touched Razer since. Yet someone I know always goes back to Razer despite getting double clicks & broken gear all the time.