Thread: Destiny 2 hype?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The first game was overhyped, overrated and underwhelming. I don't see any extra reason to get hyped for this just because Blizzard added the game to their launcher, I'm not part of the Blizzard hivemind that just follows every IP they cover.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    hype for that 60 usd destiny DLC ? nah i have WARFRAME much better and its free
    10 character

Never played much of the first one but me and a few friends will be getting Destiny 2. Just not sure for which platform yet. Every single day they keep changing their minds. I'm happy on whichever as long as I'm playing with them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-21 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    I pre-ordered, I know it won't be a great game but I know I'll get my moneys worth out of it easily. I just want a casual coop shooter I can play with friends...there literally is no other game on the market that offers that.

I know there is Warframe, but it just wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I pre-ordered, I know it won't be a great game but I know I'll get my moneys worth out of it easily. I just want a casual coop shooter I can play with friends...there literally is no other game on the market that offers that.

I agree with this, I can't think of many co-op shooters as good as Destiny.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im maxxed out on my hype level for D2. I cant wait.

Deleted
    i liked the first one so yeah already bought the game

Learned my lesson with Destiny 1 and its clear Bungie didn't. So this is a wait and see for me at best.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Fucking busted out laughing. Nice 1

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. I'm going in with no expectations other than a good co-op shooter. If it's anything more, great. Plus if you have a ton of WoW gold laying around you could use that to buy it.

Is the open beta next week only for people who pre-purchase? I wanted to see how it runs before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is the open beta next week only for people who pre-purchase? I wanted to see how it runs before buying it.
    Have you played Destiny 1?

That's how it runs.

It literally could be DLC for Destiny. The graphics are a little better and they changed the movement system a bit but effectively the same game, same engine, etc.

The difference is about as much as there was between Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

Borderlands, Dying Light, Division, Far Cry 4, GTAV, Arma3, any of the "survival" games.

Hell The Division was literally Ubisoft's answer to Destiny they play very, very similarly.

I don't see how you can say "literally no other game" when there's at least six

im pumped and pre ordered, i put a good 300-400 hours into D1, so if i get 1/4 of that, its more then worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post

Borderlands, Dying Light, Division, Far Cry 4, GTAV, Arma3, any of the "survival" games.

Hell The Division was literally Ubisoft's answer to Destiny they play very, very similarly.

I don't see how you can say "literally no other game" when there's at least six
    all of which ive played, none really as good as destiny. Borderlands was great, but its a very different game. Nearly all those listed games are nothing like destiny. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post

The difference is about as much as there was between Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    But the difference in those two games was massive. Like, literally game-changing.

10+ Year Old Account

Wellll as a warframe fan not like it is a Co op shooter anyways..

It does hit a similar market but the shooter or rather the fps market it doesn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    But the difference in those two games was massive. Like, literally game-changing.
    I did beta thinks saints row 4 and gat outta hell.. it is so much like destiny one ..let's just say we have seen bigger changes in wows patches at times I feel

Deleted
    Already bought it. I'm going in with 0 expectations, largely because of how the first one was received. I'm PC only, so I never got to experience the mess that was originally released. I'm glad, because I was pretty disappointed that it didn't come to PC, I would have been super hyped for it.

It looks pretty similar, and I'm not going to lie I hope they've learned some lessons about the first release, but as long as I have a reasonable co-op game for a couple of months, I feel I'll have got my money's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Borderlands was great, but its a very different game.
    It is hilarious switching from Destiny back to Borderlands. You go from super smooth movement and gun play, back down to Doom levels of gun play (figuratively of course).

The gun play in Borderlands is horrid compared to Destiny.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The majority sentiment seems to be a "fool me once" wariness. After the last time in todays climate people are real wary.
    Most of those who are wary are already sold. They just don't know it yet.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Looks like another generic FPS like Overwatch, will test the beta first, if there is an open Beta.

I'm sure a lot of people will like it regardless of whatever flaws there might be. The reason Destiny 1 succeeded was because despite the flaws it was a really fun Co-op shooter with solid game play.

Deleted
    I was interested for sure then i watched a streamer play the beta and it just looked generic and boring so i will likely pass. Maybe when it drops to a cheap deal i might get it.

Blizzard have added it to their launcher but they are nothing to do with it other than handling logins so i see no reason to hype there.
    Last edited by mmocafde98d0b8; 2017-08-22 at 03:10 PM.