Question Upgrade? and other questions.

General Information
    CPU: Intel i5-3570 @ 3.4GHz
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z77
    RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon 295x2 8gb
    Power Supply: Corsair Tx 750
    Monitors: BenQ XL2730Z 27" 1ms Widescreen 2560 x 1440 LED Backlight TN Panel x2
    Resolution: 2560x1440

Think I got all the information correct, while doing a bit of research it seems I purchased some of memory from newegg in Sept 2012 and my video card in Nov 2014. Not sure when I ordered monitors since I didnt get them from newegg so they are not in my order history. Im looking at getting new monitors mainly for destiny 2 to play at 4K but not sure. Here is what I was looking at https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824236399 for monitors. Play d3 and use to play WoW as well but havent played much of this xpac at all and im not sure if 4k is needed or supported in WoW? Been looking at prebuilt PC sites, and rather not get into the discussion that its easy to build your own and cheaper as well but I keep seeing PC cases that dont have external drive bays for dvd/bluray cd drives. Is this sort of thing common now? Been a long time since I bought a PC game other then WoW collectors edition, but then that is mostly because i play most games on my ps4.

TL;DR
    1) Can my pc support destiny 2 in 4k with 4k monitors?
    2) Is this an okay 4k monitor?
    3) Do most PC cases not come with external drive bays for dvd/bluray drive bays?
    4) What is this coffee lake I keep seeing mentioned being announced aug 21st? Assume its the name of the new cpus?

As always thanks for your time and hope everyone has a good day!
    Last edited by lazybum; 2017-08-21 at 12:40 AM.

145 views and no one has any comments for me?

• Coffee Lake is the name of the 8th generation Intel CPUs.
    • Quite alot of cases no longer include 5.25" bays, mostly because CD's are largely obsolete and aethsetics have become more important. But there are still plenty of cases with those bays.
    • ASUS are a good brand, and that monitor has some good specs, but it's only 60hz. So you will be capped at a maximum of 60 FPS with vertical sync on, if you don't want screen tearing.
    • I doubt your PC will run 4k at 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    • ASUS are a good brand, and that monitor has some good specs, but it's only 60hz. So you will be capped at a maximum of 60 FPS with vertical sync on, if you don't want screen tearing.
    in my looking around on newegg i couldnt find a 4k monitor with a refresh higher then 60hz, least one that wasnt 65" that is. Personally i want to try to stick to 27" ish range give or take an inch or 2 so i can run dual monitors and still have room on my desk for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    in my looking around on newegg i couldnt find a 4k monitor with a refresh higher then 60hz, least one that wasnt 65" that is. Personally i want to try to stick to 27" ish range give or take an inch or 2 so i can run dual monitors and still have room on my desk for them.
    both Acer and Asus have announced 4k 144 hz monitors, but they have been delayed till next year, it's not that there are a lot of videocards out there atm that could push that amount of frames on modern titels anyways.