Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    How did it even happen?

How does this even happen with today's technology?

Softbottom <Game Over>
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    no ones fleeing, im calling you on your bullshit and you want me to produce evidence of the lacking of reporting which if somthing wasnt reported there would be zero evidence, yet you make retarded claims about how all maritime accidents get into the news but cant seem to back it up.
    Really? I said ALL maritime accidents get into the news? Surely you can back up that EXACT claim, or do you believe your own lies?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Apparently the ship lost the ability to steer while on approach into the strait. Unclear why the crew couldn't use backup systems.
    Dabbles in STO, FFXI, & TSW
    Retired from WoW and FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Apparently the ship lost the ability to steer while on approach into the strait. Unclear why the crew couldn't use backup systems.
    If this is acurate:
    http://www.uscarriers.net/ddg56history.htm

The John S McCain hasn't been back to the United States in the 21st century. It's had all repairs done at Naval Base Yokosuka, which has drydock facilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...t_Yokosuka.jpg

Would not be surprised if there was a malfunction of workhorse of a ship which has seen its maintenance schedule pushed back.

If you are on a ship and want to return to port for awhile I guess the thing now is to ram another ship?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Time for a new skipper
    Likely that happens and more.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This is not only embarrassing, but also humiliating. The navy better get its shit together. Our most advanced missile destroyers taken out by being rammed by some 3rd world countries regular ships?. This really upsets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Too lewd, man.
    What? That was the PG version!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What? That was the PG version!
    In America that was an R rating. Dick jokes are pg-13 because Hollywood can be dumb at times.

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”