Mythic DI, any tips?

Hello everyone,

My guild is currently working on Mythic DI. We downed M Harjatan last week, that took around 50 pulls, for reference. Our strat for DI right now is 2 tanks, 5 healers, and one person (me) on torment coordination duty. I'm calling everyone when to go down into the cage, and when to come back up. I aim at sending people down between 85-90 torment, and try to prevent ever having more than 4 adds.

We've done around 30 pulls or so at this point, and can now consistently get to about 40%-45% HP on the bosses. At this point, torment starts to become overwhelming and we are having several people hitting 100 rapidly. We usually wipe because of a combination of too many people in the cage because they hit 100 torment, and too many adds up (5+).

Do you guys have any tips on how to handle this a little bit better, or is it just a case of us needing more pulls and getting better at avoiding torment? Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, I don't have any logs to provide. The guild usually only posts kill logs.

How we do it is we don't care where people's torment is. To keep it low we are constantly sending people in in groups. So how it goes is I as the tank go in after the third scythe sweep from Atrigan. Once in I call out 3 DPS and 1 healer to come in. Once I start seeing orbs on the ground not being grabbed I countdown from 3 and then all four go back. I then repeat the telling people to come in 3 dps and 1 healer. As fel squall is about to end I countdown from 3 so that we come out just as the squall is ending. I hop out grab atrigan as he does his spikes cast just before bonestorm. The other tank goes in, I call out 3 dps and 1 healer, I then take a bit of guessing on how long it will take for them to be clear of torment I do a coountdown from 3 they come out and I send another group in. This group comes out at the end of the squall just like before. The tank coming out grabs Atrigan I go in and we repeat from the start.

just send g1 and g2 togheter right before first fell squall (voice call to everyone leave togheter and burst aoe adds) than g3 and g4 do the same at second fell squall, repeat

if someone fails at some mechanic and get too many torment before the right time, that ppl go down to clean but dont leave until the end of next fell squal and the voice call to leave.

ps: with 3 tanks and dks to mass grip or druid with vortex are much easier

Hi there

I would rate DI as the easiest of the mythic bosses in Tomb of S. We run 2 tanks, 3 healers (me on MW, Holy priest and Rdruid). The only thing I can recommend is to keep torment as low as possible, obviously, but that is really the only thing that can wipe you on this fight.

We have a marker on the left side of the room that ppl with Quils run to, so they dont hit the raid. This way we dont get torment from quils. The next thing we do is to have another marker on the opposite side that ppl run to when they need a dispel. They call out when they are in position as the dispel will cause an explosion that deals dmg and torment as an aoe around them.

Other then that you are correct in keeping the number of adds low. 4 is ideal, 6 is max. Have one person keep a track of how many adds there are and say "dont come out, need to kill adds" etc. Remember that adds are more important than the bosses.

Also, if ppl dps the wrong target during phases where dpsing them = torment gains, you need to tell your dps to switch targets. One last thing: EVERYONE need to get away when the adds die as they blow up. More dmg and torment..

GL

we never send down poeple togheter our raid leader calls 1-3 poeple max to go down and then the multidot the adds and ask for focus is needed , never send down poeple in groups even if i heard many poeple do that

normaly poeple should not get 100+ fast only if theay fail , send down tank + 2 poeple who have high stacks and then make someone call the poeple slowly .

Melees VERY RARELY go down unless they fuck up anyway

cant tell you more since we actualy never had many trys on that boss he kinda just died with the RL calling who is going down

Thanks for the feedback everyone, appreciate it. We'll be back at it again tomorrow, hopefully we can use some of this and get our kill.

we never tell anyone to go down.

honestly we basically "pugged" this boss during progression. Killed him on our 3rd? attempt.

I wasn't even aware that you spawn more adds based off your torment?

/Range 8 so dispel don't cleave. Dispel fast as it builds torment otherwise. Be fast with mobility as standing in void builds quick torment. And swap on the bosses during Fel / Bone Saw.

We just had players go down the cage when they needed to and if a tank needed to swap, he would make that call.

Of corase I'm sure there's a skill gap here whiched allowed us to YOLO it. We found DI 5x easier than Harajtan.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    just send g1 and g2 togheter right before first fell squall (voice call to everyone leave togheter and burst aoe adds) than g3 and g4 do the same at second fell squall, repeat

if someone fails at some mechanic and get too many torment before the right time, that ppl go down to clean but dont leave until the end of next fell squal and the voice call to leave.

ps: with 3 tanks and dks to mass grip or druid with vortex are much easier
    We did this strat tonight, and one shot the boss this week for our first kill. So damn easy haha. Thanks!