View Poll Results: How old were you when you started playing video games?

Voters
139. This poll is closed
  • Age 4 to 6

80 57.55%
  • Age 7 to 10

34 24.46%
  • Age 11 to 16

11 7.91%
  • Age 17 to 21

2 1.44%
  • Over Age 21

10 7.19%
  • Other (comment below.)

2 1.44%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Name a game you think deserves a reboot?

What was your first Video Game Console and Game?

What was your very first PC Game?

Reboot

First Video Game Console

First PC Game was in 1997

Unless Number Munchers Oregon Trail or Sim City counted in 4th grade LOL
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-08-21 at 05:55 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

4 years old here, played an Atari (first game I played in it was Pac-man).

Assuming only games I played on the console itself (not on emulators), I would say Toejam and Earl (sega genesis) deserves a reboot, fantastic game.

I missed the first PC game question: The first actual game (not those crappy educative games) I believe it was civilization I.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-08-21 at 06:50 PM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Reboot

First Video Game Console
    [IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/424360164_d52ce27bce_o.jpg[/IMG
    First PC Game was in 1997

Unless Number Munchers Oregon Trail or Sim City counted in 4th grade LOL
    There is a video game sub forum just for this type of post.

Deleted
    Millennium 2.2

15+ Year Old Account
    System Shock - progenitor of both PC sci-fi and survival horror genres, it was brilliantly written/directed, like two decades ahead of its time, and its one fatal flaw today is that it is unplayable ugly and the controls are horrible. So much could be done by just rebuilding it into a modern high-end (ex. Unreal) engine, to say nothing of the potential to improve gameplay with everything we've learned about both genres over the last couple decades. I'm picturing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, meet Dead Space, meets Amnesia, meets Portal.

Baldur's Gate - the best game of all time (BG 2 specifically), it still remains the high watermark for good RPG storytelling. It shares System Shocks one fatal weakness, it's ugly and horrible to control. Put it on like the Diablo 3 engine, or better yet, the Dragon Age: Inquisition engine - and you have a lifehack for infinite money.

Knights of the Old Republic - KOTOR 1 was good, KOTOR 2 is the BG 2 competitor for best RPG of all time. Same deal, remake it, but prettier, with modern game design lessons learned, and playable controls.

Quake 3 Arena - still the most fun and most competitive deathmatch FPS ever, it lives on in Q3Live, but really it should just be put into a pretty engine. Q4 tried way too hard to amp up the horror elements, but it lost all the fun (and color!) of Q3 in the process. I'm picturing OverWatch but with Slash and Klesk and Xaero again

EverQuest - the original MMO, the biggest designed open world ever (shit like No Man's Sky and Eve that procedurally generate don't count IMO). The reason why past attempts to revive this game failed (EQ 2, Vanguard, EQN, possibly upcoming Pantheon, but wait to see there) was because they all keep trying to fix what was never broken. EQ has great world design, great classes, great lore, great PVE encounters, and great community elements. None of that needs to be altered, just verbatim copied, yet every past attempt to revive EQ tried to alter all of those things. All that needs to be changed is to make the combat more enjoyable, and put it on a modern engine, with a proper fantasy feel: something like Dragon Age: Inquisition, do not Fisher Price it (looking at you, EQ 2 & EQN). The target audience is 40 year old D&D players, not 12 year olds - Fisher Pricing the world (making it all pastel colors, beveled edges, cartoony, etc) appeals to nobody.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-08-21 at 06:38 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Earthbound
    StarTropics
    Battletoads

Zoo Tycoon.

SNES. It came with Super Mario World.

We had a Packard-Bell that came with SimCity 2000.

Deleted

First Video Game Console

Real lightguns need a reboot.

Moon tycoon, deepsea tycoon and warcraft 1&2 and maybe fallout 3.

Star Wars: Republic Commando

10+ Year Old Account
    Leisure Suit Larry

none. They should make new games with new stories.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'd like to see the Legacy of Kain series make a return.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kikstart II (Commodore 64)

Expand it, add more player lanes, online multiplayer.

Basicly Trials Evolution/Trials Fusion with more of an arcade feel in 2d, and slightly different control scheme.

----

Road Rash (Windows)

Road Redemption isn't a true Reboot/Remaster to do it justice.

Again, add online multiplayer and more vehicle/weapon customization but not as far fetched from the original as Road Redemption.

----

Ironman 4x4 offroad (Arcade/DOS/SNES)

Add online multiplayer, remastered graphics, custom track builder.

-----
    Could add many more 1980-2000s classics here that could work simply just remastered but the list would be very long
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-21 at 07:43 PM.

Condemned

Herc's Adventure

General Chaos
    c

First console was nes, first pc game was probably contra on commodore64 i cant remember.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-08-21 at 07:39 PM.

Streets Of Rage.
    Final Fantasy 6 (3 in the US)- Fuck it, if they're remaking 7 and can't make a good original now to save their lives, might as well dip in the classics.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Technically, PONG - thrilling tennis match that it was

Realistically, 21 and any number of old C64/Atari games.

For a reboot...going old school and would like to see what could be done with Pools of Radience

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    System Shock - progenitor of both PC sci-fi and survival horror genres, it was brilliantly written/directed, like two decades ahead of its time, and its one fatal flaw today is that it is unplayable ugly and the controls are horrible. So much could be done by just rebuilding it into a modern high-end (ex. Unreal) engine, to say nothing of the potential to improve gameplay with everything we've learned about both genres over the last couple decades. I'm picturing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, meet Dead Space, meets Amnesia, meets Portal.
    well, there IS a reboot out.
    try it out but it could be not really the type of a rebuild you were looking for. perhaps better to save your fond memories ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41...anced_Edition/

The first console I played was a SNES, the first game was either Pilot Wings or Super Mario Cart.

and now that I think about it, Pilot Wings could use a reboot. But maybe the gameplay would be too boring by today's standards.

Reboot: Definitely KOTOR I/II. Any early bioware game really, except the Sonic one. Jade Empire, too. At least give it a sequel...

First Console: Was a sega genesis, first one I ever touched was an SNES. Think I was 5-7. One of my babysitters had one.

And my VERY first PC game: It was a logical thinking game for kids that was freakishly good. Think it was called Logical Journey of the Zoombinis, or something :P It got remade recently. I liked it because it wasn't all about math or reading. It was logic puzzles, and helped with critical thinking skills. I was just trying to get these damn blue jellybeans with faces to safety in a logical way. Didn't even notice I was learning.