Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, 18-hit kill. Calling that a "OHK" is abusing the term.
    Which is why I call it 'effective' because it's quick burst. Roadhog was never OHK either.

But I don't really like the design they're proposing. I was expecting something more visually similar to this;

Laser-beam-focused burst rockets for heavy damage on a short CD is gonna make D.va MORE brokenly strong, not less.
    I was thinking more like...

Which begs the question, where do they launch from on the model?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Which begs the question, where do they launch from on the model?
    That, and that she's Korean, is why I went with an anime mecha perspective rather than a Mechwarrior one. So I picture small ports snapping open and missiles firing from everywhere.

The way they describe it sounds more like a big rocket machine gun, which might be a really cool idea, but it's like the A-10 Warthog; that's a really cool gun, now build a whole hero around it.

So the missiles launch out of her shoulders, looks cool.

She is a joke now, at least imo. It's cool to shoot missiles for about a minute, then you realize you are a walking ult charger. Now I will say I have yet to be able to try her against a pharh/Mercy. So maybe that will be her use.

I did play four games against her. Two on soldier and two on Orisa. She was a joke. I think I made the other D.Va rage because she was out of Mech so fast and he could use the missiles enough. Feels bad man.
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

Shes not a tank

and shes not a "bruiser" or "bully" tank. I swear the official forums have so many terms thrown around without knowing what they are saying.

shes a DPS with an inflated healthpool.

And there are simply not enough tanks to justify this change.

Her hit boxes are so wacked that her damage absorption is a joke.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-08-25 at 04:36 AM.

Gave her a try on PTR. Felt squishier than playing DPS, because such a massive hit and crit box, also the missiles felt really clunky as well being a slow travel on a hitscan hero they just feel completely out of place.

Honestly, with only 2 seconds on DM, they're better going back to a hard cooldown. The 1 second before recharge is absolutely brutally punishing on up time if you try feathering it, so it's just not worth it to have it on demand.

Was gonna post on here an idea I had about how to change Defense Matrix so that it's not as powerful without nerfing it completely, but decided to post it on the official forums instead, out of the (vain) hope that devs might see it...again, assuming it's not already been suggested and dismissed.

Even if it's not an idea you're fond of either, I suggest that anyone else unhappy with the D.va changes be sure to add your voice to those on the forums, if you haven't already. Blizzard will still likely stick to their guns, but if enough people complain, there's always the slim possibility they'll rethink aspects of the rework.
    "Perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten- things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    But she's boring to play as, and annoying to play against. I like how they traded a little of the defense for some firepower.
    I don't mind , now if only they could revert roadhog while at it , he feels useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but you desperately need to take like a basic englsih class at a community college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    A solution for demon hunter lovers:
    Condoms lubricated with holy water is the best solution I can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    And had he choked a man, no one would even bat an eye :P.
    The irony is so overwhelming, I could iron my shirts for an eternity!

They're buffing the recharge rate to compensate https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-88

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They're buffing the recharge rate to compensate https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-88
    Good, I think that's just about what she needs. Been getting a hang of the rockets, they really help out against the likes of Symmetra and Reaper. That's cool, but she is more vulnerable to the likes of 76 and McCree. Basically does feel like we're back where we were a couple of seasons ago.

It's wow balancing all over again.
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

i dont understand the completely useless criticisms of 'they are an ult charger". dont you get ult charge from hitting shields too? at least when you take dmg your healers get ult charge. thats the point. and if you are getting taken down in a few seconds... i mean...intended. half the dps are tank killers, you are suppose to use cover, your abilities and stay with your team.

I'm glad to hear they are changing the recharge time so she still cant defense matrix for several seconds, but she can do it more often, but i think the problem is in the past she could just fly off by herself and 1v3

but not being overpowered makes you 'unplayable" i guess.

Its a team based game.
    I grew up Horde, and as a proud orc shaman I cant understand these people. "ooh we blew up your city and killed everyone you care about but thats no reason to be angry" "oh we destroyed your entire country and murdered your son, but get over it" "Oh we invade foreign countries and melt, torture and mind control our victims but the Alliance were negligent and accidentally sent Tauren into dangerous territory. THEY are the evil ones" The players hate hypocrites more than murderers

You don't get ult charge for hitting shields.