Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Age of Empires IV announced

Website: https://www.ageofempires.com/?ocid=W...eo_lrn_GCAoEIV

They are also releasing remastered version of the original Age of Empires game!

Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-08-21 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Windows store exclusive

or some shit like that... probably. DOA

Is the current generation up for rts anymore? I think not only us OG's did rts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

About time they made a new one and not just remakes and updated grafic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Windows store exclusive

or some shit like that... probably. DOA
    Announcement trailer with no actual gameplay or anything and you are calling it DOA.
    Riiiiiiight.

I'll hold my opinion until I've seen gameplay, but I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    It still has a market. AoE 2 HD has been successful enough as a re-release that they made new expansions for it as well as a new AI. TBH I'm more inclined towards a game like AoE than SC/SC2 because it is waaaaay less micro intensive and generally much easier to grasp strategies in.

All time fav RTS is still Total Annihilation though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made by Relic.

Hopefully its better than Dawn of War 3. That shit was an even bigger letdown for me than Mass Effect Andromeda.

sweet. this is on my list of games that need more

Too human
    burnout
    age of empires
    fable
    champions of norrath
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2017-08-21 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Announcement trailer with no actual gameplay or anything and you are calling it DOA.
    Riiiiiiight.

I'll hold my opinion until I've seen gameplay, but I'm optimistic.
    Its not about "no gameplay", its more about the fact that if it will be on Windows Store, it will probably bomb, since nobody buys on there anyways.

More interested in what time period they'll set the game and when there will be gameplay footage. I hope relic stays true to the original games and isn't trying to re-invent the wheel with that game, like they tried with Dawn of War 3.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Think the genre as a whole is basically dead at this point.
    C&C died (or should have died maybe..) after Generals/Zero-Hour.
    The Rome franchise had a decent peak but it was more a "godmode overview" then a real rts.
    Civ series still does well but that doesn't really fit the oldschool rts tag.

We'll see, i am eager for a new interesting RTS, esp. with the older RTS keep struggling on newer OS versions (Getting C&C Generals-Zero Hour to work on Windows10 should be awarded with a medal) but i doubt we'll ever get to relive the glory days of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Its not about "no gameplay", its more about the fact that if it will be on Windows Store, it will probably bomb, since nobody buys on there anyways.

More interested in what time period they'll set the game and when there will be gameplay footage. I hope relic stays true to the original games and isn't trying to re-invent the wheel with that game, like they tried with Dawn of War 3.
    Its coming to Windows 10, and it will almost 100% be on Steam, just like the other Age of Empires games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woolo fing lolooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeeeehhhh!

*claps excitedly*

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Its coming to Windows 10, and it will almost 100% be on Steam, just like the other Age of Empires games.
    Yeah... no...
    Unless we get some official information about it, all we can do is argue about it anyways. Also, its still published by Microsoft, which could very well mean that it'll be mainly on the windows store in the beginning.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Start the game already. 11

Better be a map editor.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What kinda bothers me, is that they are also making a definite eidiont of AoE2... But, what about the AoE2 hd steam game with all it's expansions?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    No stone age? Boooooooooooooo.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What kinda bothers me, is that they are also making a definite eidiont of AoE2... But, what about the AoE2 hd steam game with all it's expansions?
    believe the definitive edition is more along the lines of a remake then an HD update that they did for steam.