10+ Year Old Account

Cool all in one desktop help

Hey! So I'm looking to get back into wow, and was thinking about buying an all in one desktop. I'd exclusively be using it for wow (and maybe a few other games on steam), as I have a 2012 MacBook Pro that just runs the game OK on minimum settings. I want to spend as little as I can and I don't need to run the game on max settings, but I want it to look decent, with a solid fps. I know nothing about graphics cards or cpu or gpu etc. etc. and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of something good, at an affordable price.

Thanks!

also, is: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16883221325 a decent pc for wow? I'd be willing to spend more, but that would be a good price.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Imo, no. You should really get an intel i5 or something similar cpu wise and something with 16 gigs of ram instead of only 8 (it use to cut it but I had to finally double down on my ram in legion, multiple minute loading times were not viable).... Also Id very much consider getting a small solid state drive to supplement your 1TB HDD. It would only need to be like a 120gig SSD and only have your operating system and wow on the SSD, and then everything else on your HDD. Having your computer completely boot from shut down in 12 seconds is beyond awesome, which having the wow files on there gives them the benefit of the lightning fast read/write capabilities of the SSD.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even come with a graphics card and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think wow supports integrated intel anymore.

With WoW Single Core performance is king, Doesn't matter if its a i3 or i5.

I don't recommend pre-built but if u had to pick I would chose i3 one (For WoW). The thing is that its using intel HD graphic's so anything slightly demanding will run like shit.

So you will need to invest in a dedicated GPU.

So get https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125919 with it.

I wouldn't spend anymore then that because then you should just build a PC. If u can give us a budget and tell us if u rather have pre-built or build we mite be able to find u a better PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That doesn't even come with a graphics card and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think wow supports integrated intel anymore.
    Wow can still run on integrated intel it just runs like shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-22 at 01:35 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When to WoW Single Core performance is king, Doesn't matter if its a i3 or i5.

I don't recommend pre-built but if u had to pick I would chose i3 one (For WoW). The thing is that its using intel HD graphic's so anything slightly demanding will run like shit.

So you will need to invest in a dedicated GPU.

So get https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125919 with it.

I wouldn't spend anymore then that because then you should just build a PC. If u can give us a budget and tell us if u rather have pre-built or build we mite be able to find u a better PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow can still run on integrated intel it just runs like shit.
    Okay. I coulda sworn they were dropping support alone with diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Okay. I coulda sworn they were dropping support alone with diablo 3.
    If they are I missed the post, I know just a couple months back a buddy of mine was running WoW on a Laptop with Intel HD.

So like I said if they are dropping it I missed that post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses guys. That link I put in was more so a starting point for me, whether it would need to be better or if that would be good enough.

I've never built one, but I LIKE to think I'm at least somewhat intelligent and could figure it out. It would probably be pretty fun to build it myself anyway. The absolute most I would spend is $500....even that much would be pushing it.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I've never built one, but I LIKE to think I'm at least somewhat intelligent and could figure it out. It would probably be pretty fun to build it myself anyway. The absolute most I would spend is $500....even that much would be pushing it.

Thanks again!
    For a Build give us a list of everything you would need. Like M&KB,OS and so on.

Also in detail what all are you wanting to do with it. Like mainly run wow or other demanding games.

@chazus mite be able to help with a build as well.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-22 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a Build give us a list of everything you would need. Like M&KB,OS and so on.

Also in detail what all are you wanting to do with it. Like mainly run wow or other demanding games.
    I just want a graphics card that can comfortably run wow in at least mid range graphical settings. I tend to run a lot of add ons when i play so that as well (i think thats a processor issue? not sure). Probably 8gb of ram? again, dont know if i would need that much or not. HD space isn't too important, i know TB is becoming the new norm (is already?)...but i would only really need 500gb. It would really just be for playing games, IDK specifically what ones other than wow, as i haven't looked on steam in quite some time. Might also use it for GIS stuff for work, who knows.

I hope thats enough info for ya! I don't really know what you meant by M&KB, OS

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I just want a graphics card that can comfortably run wow in at least mid range graphical settings. I tend to run a lot of add ons when i play so that as well (i think thats a processor issue? not sure). Probably 8gb of ram? again, dont know if i would need that much or not. HD space isn't too important, i know TB is becoming the new norm (is already?)...but i would only really need 500gb. It would really just be for playing games, IDK specifically what ones other than wow, as i haven't looked on steam in quite some time. Might also use it for GIS stuff for work, who knows.

I hope thats enough info for ya! I don't really know what you meant by M&KB, OS
    There is a sticky thread in this very forum that is labelled " Want help with your build? Read me!" Here is what it says:

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.
    M&KB = Mouse and Keyboard
    OS = Operating System(Windows)