Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    if you were using it for 66 years, and it took 57 years before they diagnosed you with cancer, its probably a safe bet it wasn't the talc

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why would you want to make your dick drier when you jerk it? You're gonna hurt yourself. You want to lube it up not dry it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, is she a smoker maybe...? Why is baby powder the correlation here? It could be anything else these women have in common.
    Fetishes mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hold on, these internal documents showed that J&J knew that this baby powder contained a cancer risk?

Dot dot dot?
    -... ..- ... .... / -.. .. -.. / ----. -..-. .---- .----

- - - Updated - - -

MMA legend and Scientist here.

The science behind this talc powder cancer claim is somewhat nebulous.

A long time ago, talc contained some asbestos. Asbestos is bad because it causes cancer. If talc is highly refined in modern facilities, it should contain no asbestos.
    There have been a few articles that show a minimal correlation but essentially the numbers simply don't really show much either way.
    IIRC, one of the claims is that J&J did not mark their product "For External Use Only". Talc is fine for external use, but you should not inhale, eat, breathe, or insert it. Some people use talc too much, and put it too close to their body openings where it could potentially go inside. It's bad to put anything inside your body that doesn't really belong.
    Even if the talc powder used is pure talc and doesn't have any asbestos, it could be an irritant to the special skin inside your body (epithelium). That's because under a microscope, talc is made of very sharp crystals of rock. The jury is still out if this causes cancer or not. That said, it's probably best to avoid it and not put it inside your body.

Talc has been used for such a long time that it is not considered a drug by the US government - it's a cosmetic. Cosmetics do not need to be tested and approved by the FDA the same way that drugs are.

So anyhow, whether you are a lady or a guy or someone in between, you can use talc on your outside parts but don't put it inside you.

I tend to think it's only fair to hold a company responsible for damages if it could reasonably be expected that the company should have known that the product would cause harm, OR the company did in fact discover that the product caused harm, and chose to cover up that fact rather than inform the public. In this case, I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect J&J to have known that talcum powder would cause ovarian cancer, especially since scientists are still divided on the issue themselves. There is also no evidence that J&J participated in a cover up of any kind.

That said, my personal choice is to stay away from aerosolized talcum powder because it could potentially cause damage to lung tissue, and my lungs are particularly sensitive to irritants and pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post
    -... ..- ... .... / -.. .. -.. / ----. -..-. .---- .----
    .. / - .... .. -. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / -- . .- -. - / - --- / ... .- -.-- / -.--.- -.--.- -.--.- -... ..- ... .... -.--.- -.--.- -.--.- .-.-.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    .. / - .... .. -. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / -- . .- -. - / - --- / ... .- -.-- / -.--.- -.--.- -.--.- -... ..- ... .... -.--.- -.--.- -.--.- .-.-.-
    . funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Don't dry up your genitals.
    I think it's mostly used to prevent stuff like intertrigo, not to specifically dry out genitals. I don't recommend googling it. It occurs on areas of your body that frequently have skin touching skin (like the groin, armpit) if they get warm and wet. My guess is that the women from the lawsuit suffered from the condition known scientifically as "swamp ass". Baby powder can prevent it by absorbing sweat.