Thread: Laptop Help

Laptop Help

I'm looking to upgrade my desktop to a new computer. I'd like to get a laptop if there is one out there that can pull double duty and act as a reliable laptop and still perform when I'm at home. I'm a firefighter and work 24hour shifts and would like something that I can take with me every couple days. I've got a budget of $1500 or so to put into a new machine and am comfortable building another desktop as I have in the past. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Hey,

What's the laptop used for? Just WoW or other stuff too?

Also, do you want a lighter laptop, or a bulky laptop with better battery life. What size screen, 15inch, 17inch. Do you mind if it looks "Gamery"?
    Last edited by mmocd7be73d981; 2017-08-22 at 04:07 PM.

I game a lot and am trying to get back into writing. I'd like it to run most games at decent/high graphics levels, I'm not looking for a bargain laptop. I don't care much about the weight, battery life is better than any kind of mobility. Screen wise, I think 17 inch would be preferable. Ideally I'd like to be able to hook it up to a couple decktop monitors when I'm at home via a dock of some sort, so maybe a 15 would be better for that? My department already knows I'm a dork/gamer I have no problem being in a "Gamery" laptop to work :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Legna Dercas View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my desktop to a new computer. I'd like to get a laptop if there is one out there that can pull double duty and act as a reliable laptop and still perform when I'm at home. I'm a firefighter and work 24hour shifts and would like something that I can take with me every couple days. I've got a budget of $1500 or so to put into a new machine and am comfortable building another desktop as I have in the past. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    toughbooks are Robot, you can run them over with a truck! Although if you want something for gaming then you should look at something from cyberpower PC or a discounted laptop from a place like newegg.