Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

I hope Argus is not like the Broken shore

The terrain on the broken shore is completely awful. Generally Legion has had bad areas and terrain. No idea why they keep on that idea. Can't they make a wide and open area without much climbing etc for a change?

Update: This post is not about flying.

Having played all through wow's history, I find the terrain - invisible objects in Legion being a downgrade from what we previously had.
    Last edited by tratra; 2017-08-23 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    It already looks worse. The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.

Deleted
    is like doin 1 invasion 40 quests with main and after u do only wq is little better for alts under 910 but this is argus

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    The terrain on the broken shore is completely awful. Generally Legion has had bad areas and terrain. No idea why they keep on that idea. Can't they make a wide and open area without much climbing etc for a change?
    Sounds rather boring and bland. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It already looks worse. The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.
    Oh my really? thats just awful, why blizzard why. Seriously I understand for lore purposes they want to make it a rough place etc, on the other hand you need to think on how many players will just break their keyboards because of that awful terrain.

I have bad news for you, friend. I've spent a ton of time on Argus on the ptr, and it's 10x worse than Broken Shore. lol.

Oh my really? thats just awful, why blizzard why. Seriously I understand for lore purposes they want to make it a rough place etc, on the other hand you need to think on how many players will just break their keyboards because of that awful terrain.
    Just further proof that flying should never have been added to the game. Have players become so unbelievably lazy and spoiled? It's like standing next to a building and screaming "omg Blizz why isn't there a door on the wall I'm approaching the building from at this exact moment?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I have bad news for you, friend. I've spent a ton of time on Argus on the ptr, and it's 10x worse than Broken Shore. lol.
    How is it worse than the broken shore? That mess had 0 story and was just an ugly slab of green and black while Argus had an actual story line that sets up the next possible expansion, not to mention the zones aren't all just one color scheme.

Sure most of the content is the same, world quests, world quests and more world quests, but that won't end during Legion.

Oh and BOO HOO No flying! /sarcasm We have teleport pads all over the place, and an upgrade for the flight master whistle that'll allow us to teleport of the nearest one. So flying really isn't needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Just further proof that flying should never have been added to the game. Have players become so unbelievably lazy and spoiled? It's like standing next to a building and screaming "omg Blizz why isn't there a door on the wall I'm approaching the building from at this exact moment?"
    Because it's fun to fall through a crack and either die, or worse, survive and have to get up again.

No flying in Vanilla was fine cause terrain was not designed to be awful.

Thats the one way where they can turn this expansion worse than Legion. I'm expecting Argus to be better judging from the screenshots alone, but I really hate how they design these new terrains where they make it a pain in the ass to travel on foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. You don't need flying there. I finished whole thing on ptr, the teleports are great and the zones are pretty small so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    How is it worse than the broken shore? That mess had 0 story and was just an ugly slab of green and black while Argus had an actual story line that sets up the next possible expansion, not to mention the zones aren't all just one color scheme.

Sure most of the content is the same, world quests, world quests and more world quests, but that won't end during Legion.

Oh and BOO HOO No flying! /sarcasm We have teleport pads all over the place, and an upgrade for the flight master whistle that'll allow us to teleport of the nearest one. So flying really isn't needed.
    He's talking about the terrain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Lol. You don't need flying there. I finished whole thing on ptr, the teleports are great and the zones are pretty small so.
    You rarely needed it anywhere, but without it you wanna kill yourself.

Deleted
    Rule 1 in MMO terrain design, make it as hard and tedious as possible to be traversed.

They can squeeze more content and direct or jerd people into areas when they use terrain to box people in. People might not like it, but that is why they do it. Which is also why they limit, gate or remove flight.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Because it's fun to fall through a crack and either die, or worse, survive and have to get up again.

Then maybe you shouldn't just blindy charge ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post

What the flying fuck does the story and color pallet of the zones have to do with the TERRAIN? This thread is about the terrain and traversing the zones, not about how it all ties in with the story. Yes, Argus is great in regards to a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be spending as much time as I do on the ptr. But terrain? Fuck no. It's awful.

It's pretty bad to traverse on PTR. Everyone'll find super tedious after just having been flying.

The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.
    You poor baby!

Oh no, it's like you have to play a video game. What has the world come to?

To the people hating on Argus cause of the flying issue:

Stop it. Okay? You know what there isn't any flying on Argus, and you should accept that. How about you do the actual content for once, before you cry over something as small as not flying for a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Argus is better, thank god. The Questing's nice, the Music's amazing, the Argunite's easy to get, the threats are relevant, and...well....let's face it, 3 ZONES! They all look amazing, btw, namely Mac'aree.