Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Hardly. I had don't think I had andy real complaints in either Cata or MoP. I even thought WoD got most things right with the exception of no flying.
    Legion though, there are some huge issues there and I do not agree with you when you think it's the same as Wrath was. Not at all.
    • It's still a video game. We still sit on our asses (unless you use a standing desk?) staring at a computer screen manipulating pixels with mouse and keyboard.
    • Inside the game, we still do quests, dungeons, and raids. Sometimes scenarios. Occasional cinematics.
    • Sometimes we can fly, sometimes we can't.
    • Sometimes we get lucky drops on loot, many times we are disappointed. Sometimes there are BoEs in the AH.
    • Some of the other players we meet are cool to game with, sometimes they are annoying.
    • Sometimes they have mad skills, sometimes they struggle with the simplest things.
    • (No clear correlation on previous two bullet points; it's a mix & match)
    • Blizz makes changes with every patch; forums fill with players griping. Some predict everyone will quit over this and game will die.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    • It's still a video game. We still sit on our asses (unless you use a standing desk?) staring at a computer screen manipulating pixels with mouse and keyboard.
    • Inside the game, we still do quests, dungeons, and raids. Sometimes scenarios. Occasional cinematics.
    • Sometimes we can fly, sometimes we can't.
    • Sometimes we get lucky drops on loot, many times we are disappointed. Sometimes there are BoEs in the AH.
    • Some of the other players we meet are cool to game with, sometimes they are annoying.
    • Sometimes they have mad skills, sometimes they struggle with the simplest things.
    • (No clear correlation on previous two bullet points; it's a mix & match)
    • Blizz makes changes with every patch; forums fill with players griping. Some predict everyone will quit over this and game will die.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    That does not even make any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That does not even make any sense...
    It's an old addage, a proverb. From the French plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
    I think the gist is that what seems like turbulent change on the surface won't really alter the essential reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    It's an old addage, a proverb. From the French plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
    I think the gist is that what seems like turbulent change on the surface won't really alter the essential reality of the situation.
    Sigh... "Funny".
    I know what it is, it does however not make any sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It already looks worse. The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.
    Yes fly to another planet. Quality post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Argus has portals to go everywhere

So OP asks about how the terrain is in Argus, and here I come thinking maybe I will be able to learn the answer by reading the replies.

But of course not, this is MMO-Champion. No one is describing the terrain in any objective manner, only their opinion of it, plus the useless flying rant. Only clear thing is some people hate it and some people like it.

Guess I'll have to wait until next reset and test for myself.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    So OP asks about how the terrain is in Argus, and here I come thinking maybe I will be able to learn the answer by reading the replies.

But of course not, this is MMO-Champion. No one is describing the terrain in any objective manner, only their opinion of it, plus the useless flying rant. Only clear thing is some people hate it and some people like it.

Guess I'll have to wait until next reset and test for myself.
    First two zones (Krokuun and Mac'Aree) are very easy to navigate. Also, instead of flying masters, you have teleports. And at some point we will get upgraded whistle that will work on Argus (I think it's rep thing, but I don't remember).

Antoran Wastes is another thing. It has no story quests, only two "flight masters" (drop pods) and lot of elites. It's also really small (half of map is just outdoor are of Antorus raid) and hard to navigate (more pain in the ass that Broken Shore before flying). But this is point of this zone, it's near Legion capital, you should not feel comfortable here.

I don't know exactly what are rewards for stuff in Antoran Wastes, but you can easy pick world quests from Krokuun and Mac'Aree for Army of the Light or Argussian Reach emissary. Also, all 5 chapters that you need complete to unlock Netherlight Crucible happen on first two zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First two zones (Krokuun and Mac'Aree) are very easy to navigate. Also, instead of flying masters, you have teleports. And at some point we will get upgraded whistle that will work on Argus (I think it's rep thing, but I don't remember).

Antoran Wastes is another thing. It has no story quests, only two "flight masters" (drop pods) and lot of elites. It's also really small (half of map is just outdoor are of Antorus raid) and hard to navigate (more pain in the ass that Broken Shore before flying). But this is point of this zone, it's near Legion capital, you should not feel comfortable here.

I don't know exactly what are rewards for stuff in Antoran Wastes, but you can easy pick world quests from Krokuun and Mac'Aree for Army of the Light or Argussian Reach emissary. Also, all 5 chapters that you need complete to unlock Netherlight Crucible happen on first two zones.
    Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'd rather have simple achievements like actually exploring the area and doing the story, than go an npc and shell out 5k gold. So immersive. As far as Legion goes, they shouldn't have strung us along with part two. Part one, minus the nighthold part that was timegated, should've been enough.
    That's your choice. I just don't like wasting time on achievements I don't care about just so I can fly... it has nothing to do with flying.

How do you even learn flying by just walking around and doing some quests? There wasn't a single flying quest.
    At the trainer you at least pay gold to learn how to fly instead of magically learning to fly upon completion of said achievement.

I like exploring to, which you can do while flying but not while teleporting. I also like the fact that you get to see the zones from several perspectives unlike teleporting where you only see a loading screen and then you are at your destination.

A flying mount is also better than the flight path because you have to steer instead of the game doing all the work for you which means you get to see more of the zones, especially parts where you can't get on foot. (I never look at WoW while on the flight path, so that's not really immersive either).