Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone at all having fun in BGs lately?

It seems like every game is either TP, WSG, KM or SM. I don't remember the last time I played AV, SotA, AB, EotS, DWG or IoC - and I don't even have any of those blacklisted. The games are very predictable (Alliance always wins in the late evening and early morning, Horde always wins throughout the day), matches are decided before they even start because of piss-poor class balance and unbalanced teams. I miss having epic battles when the opportunity to outplay someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It seems like every game is either TP, WSG, KM or SM. I don't remember the last time I played AV, SotA, AB, EotS, DWG or IoC - and I don't even have any of those blacklisted. The games are very predictable (Alliance always wins in the late evening and early morning, Horde always wins throughout the day), matches are decided before they even start because of piss-poor class balance and unbalanced teams. I miss having epic battles when the opportunity to outplay someone.
    Now that you mentioned it, I haven't been to a SotA in quite a while...

I do have fun sometimes, but yes, the game is very unbalanced now and you can pretty much guess who is going to win when the match starts (whoever has more warrior, dhs and rogues and a healer) and know for sure in the first two minutes.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Not really. I'm a bit bored of BGs at the moment. World PvP in Legion has been too high-octane and fun to bother with long queue times, mismatched teams and imbalanced lose-to-win ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Not really. I'm a bit bored of BGs at the moment. World PvP in Legion has been too high-octane and fun to bother with long queue times, mismatched teams and imbalanced lose-to-win ratios.
    Rogue, Warrior, DH or Fire Mage, identified.

Rogue main since 2005, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Rogue main since 2005, yes.
    wasn't hard to puzzle out.

Only people enjoying World PvP are classes that can instagib people and have a bajillion escapes or are immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Horde loses about 75% of BGs (in my cursed experience) so can't say I've
    ever had fun pvping. Maybe once upon a time when Horde appeared to be the
    faction that always won (especially in Alterac Valley), but nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Nope, Horde loses about 75% of BGs (in my cursed experience) so can't say I've
    ever had fun pvping. Maybe once upon a time when Horde appeared to be the
    faction that always won (especially in Alterac Valley), but nowadays?
    Seems like all FOTM rerollers went Horde and now it's just a bunch of dumb cunts farming the mid over and over again while Alliance plays objectives. If you don't believe me, give the new brawl a go.

You know you can queue as Alliance by talking to the guy in Underbelly, right?

But regarding the bg matchmaking, its horrible, worse than ever. The trinity rules supreme: Silvershard Mines, Temple of Kotmogu and Battle of Gilneas. 90% of games is one of these 3 bgs. When I tried banning 2 of them, I was getting put in the 3rd in 80% cases. On the other side - Isle of Conquest and Strand of Ancients don't exist. Never got put into either of them, and I played like 100 bgs in last month.

I guess the blacklisting system is to blame. The system tries to create an even number of each bg, but majority of my faction blacklists Mines, Gilneas and Temple. This causes the players that don't blacklist to be pushed into these bgs as system tries to fill the teams anyway. This in consequence makes even more players frustrated with these bgs and blacklisting them.

Second point. I remember reading around 2-3 years ago how Blizzard was balancing the bg system by making it add similar amount of healers to each team. Well, I played Alterac Valley where horde had 9(!) healers and Alliance had 0(!). Literally 0. The top healing was Blood DK and the second was Warlock. 10vs10 games where one side has 3 healers and the second side has 1 healer are daily bread. This makes any teamfight literally pointless.

Third point. DH tanks are destroying bgs, including rated bgs. Who the fuck thought giving a class such abilities is a good idea? I once played Deepwind Gorge against 2 DH tanks in one team. They kept chain capping the cart, with 3 bases on our side we couldn't keep on. Healers glued to DHs, they jump every 3s, literally unkillable. Yuo focus the healers? Well, they MIGHT die, but the DH is already on the second side of the map and capped the cart. The other time we wiped opposite team in WG and "cornered" opposite DH with the flag. The fucker jumped into their graveyard... from the bottom. The whole team could only stare in frustration as he stands there out of line of sight and waits for his team to respawn. Great balance. WG, or flag capping for that matter, wasn't designed with such abilities in mind.

Fortunately right now I'm not even trying to be competitive or such, so I'm not as bothered as I could be. Only the blacklisting and the effective pool of 3 bgs... that is irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

Second point. I remember reading around 2-3 years ago how Blizzard was balancing the bg system by making it add similar amount of healers to each team. Well, I played Alterac Valley where horde had 9(!) healers and Alliance had 0(!). Literally 0. The top healing was Blood DK and the second was Warlock. 10vs10 games where one side has 3 healers and the second side has 1 healer are daily bread. This makes any teamfight literally pointless.

Third point. DH tanks are destroying bgs, including rated bgs. Who the fuck thought giving a class such abilities is a good idea? I once played Deepwind Gorge against 2 DH tanks in one team. They kept chain capping the cart, with 3 bases on our side we couldn't keep on. Healers glued to DHs, they jump every 3s, literally unkillable. Yuo focus the healers? Well, they MIGHT die, but the DH is already on the second side of the map and capped the cart. The other time we wiped opposite team in WG and "cornered" opposite DH with the flag. The fucker jumped into their graveyard... from the bottom. The whole team could only stare in frustration as he stands there out of line of sight and waits for his team to respawn. Great balance. WG, or flag capping for that matter, wasn't designed with such abilities in mind.

Fortunately right now I'm not even trying to be competitive or such, so I'm not as bothered as I could be. Only the blacklisting and the effective pool of 3 bgs... that is irritating.
    Only ones who like this are the shitheads who like to exploit and get something for almost nothing, as they always have, and they're just about the only ones left playing that cesspool.

This (along with cheating) is why I won't go back to RBGs with the current state of the game. It just isn't worth the time & aggro.

On map "randomness" in BGs, lately I've gotten mainly BfG, SSM, TP, and ToK. Hardly ever an AB or EotS, and never a DWG in the past few weeks.

First of all I have to say that I've been playing wow since 2005. I played solo queue to rank 11 which is way too many hours. I kept playing bg's through bc to wod. And this expansion is pretty much nonexistant. Biggest change I saw was ppl jumping the wagon to alliance when they had the better racials in wod. That was the first time I noticed huge change in bg environment. I've noticed huge balance issues through out legion, for example season 1, demon hunter jumped to a group of 4 ppl, one was healer rest dps and blasted out all cooldowns. The healer blew out shit ton of cooldowns and the demon hunter almost killed two ppl in the group while leaving rest at 50% health. That was the first time I noticed slight balance issue in legion.
    Now I had couple month break from all pvp activities since I wasn't playing that much anyway but when I came back and played my first bg something really weird happened that I have not seen before. We were playing wsg just randoms vs randoms, both had healers and it didn't look like there was any huge balance issues in gear or classes. We played the first flag I think 5 min and after we lost the flag and they capped their flag immedietly 3 players started to flame like hell how shit everyone was and after that 5 players, including those 3 left the game. In 12 years of playing I have never seen anyone leave wsg match after 1 flag is capped but now we just had 5 ppl quit the game. That made me think that its propably not much of balance issues as much it is the changing playerbase. I mean back in the day ppl liked to be hardcore and tell stories about 6 hour AV matches and all that. Maybe its the new playerbase that really dont want to put the effort in winning the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    First of all I have to say that I've been playing wow since 2005. I played solo queue to rank 11 which is way too many hours. I kept playing bg's through bc to wod. And this expansion is pretty much nonexistant. Biggest change I saw was ppl jumping the wagon to alliance when they had the better racials in wod. That was the first time I noticed huge change in bg environment. I've noticed huge balance issues through out legion, for example season 1, demon hunter jumped to a group of 4 ppl, one was healer rest dps and blasted out all cooldowns. The healer blew out shit ton of cooldowns and the demon hunter almost killed two ppl in the group while leaving rest at 50% health. That was the first time I noticed slight balance issue in legion.
    Now I had couple month break from all pvp activities since I wasn't playing that much anyway but when I came back and played my first bg something really weird happened that I have not seen before. We were playing wsg just randoms vs randoms, both had healers and it didn't look like there was any huge balance issues in gear or classes. We played the first flag I think 5 min and after we lost the flag and they capped their flag immedietly 3 players started to flame like hell how shit everyone was and after that 5 players, including those 3 left the game. In 12 years of playing I have never seen anyone leave wsg match after 1 flag is capped but now we just had 5 ppl quit the game. That made me think that its propably not much of balance issues as much it is the changing playerbase. I mean back in the day ppl liked to be hardcore and tell stories about 6 hour AV matches and all that. Maybe its the new playerbase that really dont want to put the effort in winning the game.
    WSG matches use to last longer so you had a chance at a comeback. If a flag is capped and with not much time left there isn't much chance. However a tie and last cap of flag gives a chance for victory so it is worth trying still. But since WSG matches have been shortened now and if you are down 2 flags with no heals on your team and hamstringing template system = GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WSG matches use to last longer so you had a chance at a comeback. If a flag is capped and with not much time left there isn't much chance. However a tie and last cap of flag gives a chance for victory so it is worth trying still. But since WSG matches have been shortened now and if you are down 2 flags with no heals on your team and hamstringing template system = GG.
    Well like I said we played 5min and there still was 10min left. Its not the system when that happens at first flag cap.

Never queue for IoC, it's almost always guaranteed to be against some preform AV enabler 40 man group

My subjective imperssion is that more than 60% of random BG players don't pay attention to the objective. They just run into any brawl wherever that is, even miles away from the flag, on the road, etc... My win:lose ratio as horde player is good in the morning, ok in afternoons and mostly impossible to win in evenings.

I had this idea to have one or two new BGs free of objectives and more like a round (two out of three to win / 15 mins max) based team death match. Let it happen in a terrain with a lot of obstacles, fog, LoS to make it interesting and quick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Find it odd that there are so many games with healer missmatch, 3 vs 1 healers and shit like that.
    Thought they fixed that in Warlords.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have far more fun if the would limit the amount of Warriors. I know i just came back but they seem to have gotten silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Find it odd that there are so many games with healer missmatch, 3 vs 1 healers and shit like that.
    Thought they fixed that in Warlords.
    It's broken beyond belief now.

It's trying to match healers to each side but fails most the time, when you want to change spec to even the odds you can't because you signed up as DPS.

Holinka just made this huge crapfest and left because he was salty that the playerbase didn't agree with him on almost anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like all FOTM rerollers went Horde and now it's just a bunch of dumb cunts farming the mid over and over again while Alliance plays objectives.
    Yeah, that basically been the main solid reason why my experiences have been losses. And its always the same "tactics" as well.

-Leaving a single person alone to guard a flag/points
    -Not leaving groups to defend captured flags/points
    -Overextending
    -Poor defense of flag carriers and poor offense in retaking captured flags/points.
    -Virtually nonexistent communication

There's also the case there's almost never a healer, or if and when we do get one, that
    healer is outnumbered by their team having a great deal more healers.

If you don't believe me, give the new brawl a go.
    Oh no, I DO believe you. One of the main reasons why I despised this Brawl as well as
    the Eye of The Storm one too.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy them as much as I used to. Mainly, because I rerolled to Elemental Shaman and 80% of BG participants are DHs, Warriors and Rogues.