1. #1

    Saudi arrest 14 year old teen for dancing to Macarena

    So it appears the dance itself is against the rules.

    Why do nations support this government again?? Oh right oil.


    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-in-the-street

    Saudi police said on Tuesday they had detained a 14-year-old boy who was filmed dancing to the 1990s hit song Macarena at a street crossing in the coastal city of Jeddah, in a clip that was widely shared on social media....

    Earlier this month police arrested and released a Saudi singer for using the “dab” move in an onstage dance – touching his face to the crook of his elbow....

    The dance had been banned in the Kingdom on the grounds that it advocated or encouraged drug abuse, according to Saudi media.

    Saudis are among the most active users of social media in the Arab world, using the internet as an outlet for debate and interaction in their deeply conservative society.


    Those crocs tho



  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Hubcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Reno NV desert
    Posts
    26,018
    Normally I don't approve of Saudi Arabia's harsh laws but I'll grant them an exception in this case.

  3. #3
    The 90s wanted their stupid dance moves back, good for Saudi Arabia to take a stand on this. Watch out, Billy Ray Cyrus!

  4. #4
    Is anyone really surprised? It's the same Country that arrested a Woman for wearing a knee length skirt. They aren't really known for logic.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So it appears the dance itself is against the rules.

    Why do nations support this government again?? Oh right oil.


    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-in-the-street





    Those crocs tho


    This is a job for Kevin Bacon.

  6. #6
    Saudis should let the kid dance, they have a 70% obesity rate. This little chap could be burning off the pounds in that heat.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Saudis should let the kid dance, they have a 70% obesity rate. This little chap could be burning off the pounds in that heat.
    I wonder why that is, the heat always kills my appetite for some reason.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Normally I don't approve of Saudi Arabia's harsh laws but I'll grant them an exception in this case.
    yeah I'm with you. fucking stupid dance move

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is a job for Kevin Bacon.

    Let's Dance!


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I wonder why that is, the heat always kills my appetite for some reason.
    Everyone drives everywhere, even small distances because the heat is brutal. And there is pretty much fuck all to do. I worked there for a stint; my life consisted of being driven to work, back to the compound, gym, eat, sleep and watching censored episodes of the simpsons. It was boring as fuck. The Saudis get patronage money from the government + cushy jobs. You notice the only people doing physical labour or menial jobs aren't Saudi. Eating seems to be the entertainment (+shopping).

  11. #11
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    789
    Endus stop these Saudiphobes! They are mocking our SJW Crusade!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Everyone drives everywhere, even small distances because the heat is brutal. And there is pretty much fuck all to do. I worked there for a stint; my life consisted of being driven to work, back to the compound, gym, eat, sleep and watching censored episodes of the simpsons. It was boring as fuck. The Saudis get patronage money from the government + cushy jobs. You notice the only people doing physical labour or menial jobs aren't Saudi. Eating seems to be the entertainment (+shopping).
    Ahh gotcha. Makes sense. No wonder kids are dancing to shitty music in crosswalks for entertainment. Lol.

  13. #13
    He's either a 14 year old, or a teen, calling him a 14 year old teen is just inflating your text with abundantly obvious information and should be avoided.

    Yes, I'm a bit off-topic, but we all know what kind of topic this is, and it's not really going places, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    >"*any change happens*"

    OMG BLIZZ YOU HAD ONE JOB!!

  14. #14
    I dunno, seems legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Endus stop these Saudiphobes! They are mocking our SJW Crusade!
    Stop? No, you mean BAN!

  16. #16
    I lived in Saudi Arabia nearly my whole life good people if you respect there law

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Saudis should let the kid dance, they have a 70% obesity rate. This little chap could be burning off the pounds in that heat.
    true but now they are try to fix it more good healthy school meals stop junky food in schools and allow sport for women schools
    because its not forbidden there is a Hadeeth that our prophet peace be upon him was having fun racing with his wife
    as nation they say its a problem and begin working on it pray the west do the same soon

  17. #17
    "The dance had been banned in the Kingdom on the grounds that it advocated or encouraged drug abuse, according to Saudi media."

    I mean I wasn't going to, but the second I saw that guy dancing I called up my local dealer for some sweet, sweet heroin.

  18. #18
    He wasn't arrested because of the dance per se, but rather because of how awful he was at it. Now that is criminal in any country!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •