Thread: Bronze is fun

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Bronze is fun

For the longest while I never bothered playing ranked.

Decided to try placement games and then bronze IV.

So many games ruined by trolls. It's hard to describe the drop off.

For example :

Jungler who never helps in teamfights and basically jungles the entire game.
    Garen who fees because he is annoyed.

Then the last game, I got called a bot and then ended up dominating. Even after that I still got insulted. Funny thing was that we easily won the game in the end but my team tried surrendering at least three times.

You should continue playing!! Hah! Bronze is really fun, I've tried it too. People rage too easily, any thing goes slightly wrong or you accidentally take their farm, or you take their farm because there's no way that they can take it, they might just go intentionally feed opponents.

But anyways, at least for myself, the reason why it's fun is because I can go 20/0 or 20/1 almost every game, which kinds of "automatically" gives me wins lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    The plus side of Bronze is that when you figure out how to do something well you will be Silver in no time

My best advice though for you? Mute all. Bronze is a cess pool of trolls and people who think they know how to play... but are stuck in Bronze (I'm in Gold and I don't know how to play this game).

You don't need to talk to them to win, infact, listening to anything you hear down there, whether from allies or enemies, will only likely make you worse. So mute everyone, and communicate with your team only through use of pings. It will not only prevent you from tilting or becoming distracted, it will also help develop a good habit for higher ELOs (good use of ping communications).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'm diamond and have like a 35% winrate on my friends B5 Account

its miserable

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The plus side of Bronze is that when you figure out how to do something well you will be Silver in no time

My best advice though for you? Mute all. Bronze is a cess pool of trolls and people who think they know how to play... but are stuck in Bronze (I'm in Gold and I don't know how to play this game).

You don't need to talk to them to win, infact, listening to anything you hear down there, whether from allies or enemies, will only likely make you worse. So mute everyone, and communicate with your team only through use of pings. It will not only prevent you from tilting or becoming distracted, it will also help develop a good habit for higher ELOs (good use of ping communications).
    But if you don't say nice things to your teammates how are you going to sucker them into honoring you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I have thought about trying league but then I remember I don't have any heroes or runes/w.e. its called, I don't have the knowledge of items/other heroes, and people will be yelling at me for sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I have thought about trying league but then I remember I don't have any heroes or runes/w.e. its called, I don't have the knowledge of items/other heroes, and people will be yelling at me for sucking.
    tier 2 (the crappy ones) runes only cost 1 ip now so you can get a full set in just a game or 2. and starting next seasons runes wont exist at all anymore! (This makes my alt accounts super happy cause getting diamond on t2 runes can be annoying)

You still have to buy champs but even most the cheap ones are viable to play in any division under diamond. I'm not trying to push league on to people if they don't want it just keeping you informed in things that might change your mind ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my problems is that I'm good with a few champions and they end up getting banned a lot.

Need to work on some alternates.

Also I get lazy sometimes and don't bother last hitting. Probably not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Bronze is a cess pool of trolls and people who think they know how to play
    This is pretty true HAHAHAHAHA. Not in the sense of looking down on people, but there are these types everywhere, including diamond. I may or may not be one of them depending on how you see it.

Though I don't mute anyone at all, that's so I can report people (if they are annoying) and sometimes laugh at people who talks nonsense like they know how to play the game, but the only contribution that they have, is to make the game harder to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I'm diamond and have like a 35% winrate on my friends B5 Account

its miserable
    I'm quite the opposite though. I'm just low diamond but I have 80-90% winrate on my friend's B5 account (I was shocked that he managed to get into B5 though). The 10-20% loss is due to AFKers/DCs/intentional feeders, but I usually try to take over the game as fast as possible, so my opponents will either rage and surrender/afk or I can just 1v5.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    But if you don't say nice things to your teammates how are you going to sucker them into honoring you?
    That's true though but then again, if they are like 5/5/5 and you're like 25/1/0, it's very likely that they'll honor you.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    tier 2 (the crappy ones) runes only cost 1 ip now so you can get a full set in just a game or 2.

You still have to buy champs but even most the cheap ones are viable to play in any division under diamond.
    People suck from time to time, especially when they just start out. Like what Elbob said, just get a fullset of tier 2 runes and buy all the cheapest champs. Focus on what you like and you'll be getting good in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    One of my problems is that I'm good with a few champions and they end up getting banned a lot.

Need to work on some alternates.

Also I get lazy sometimes and don't bother last hitting. Probably not the best idea.
    Not last hitting is a bad idea, though it feels like you can get the gold in the next 15 seconds, think of it this way. If you just last hit properly, 1 minion every 15 seconds, you multiply your gold earned by 20%-30%~. A wave comes every 30 seconds with at least 6 minions (less the cannon), if you don't last hit, you will earn something like 40-50 gold? But if you don't miss, or just miss 1 minion, you'll be having something like 150-160.

Say 8mins later you hit lvl 6. You can either have 800 gold or you can have 2560 gold.

If champs that you use are getting banned, it's time for you to change to something else. I personally love banner morgana, I still love her (even after the banner rework which I hate). Below is a video, but basically, take TP, Doran's ring, max W first (make sure you cast W to hit at least 5 minions at once to maximise the usage), just push for gold and use E when you get ganked so you can just walk away.

Once your banner is up, only use it on cannon minions. You should be around lvl 6 (if you last hit properly), bait your opponent to attack you, so your cannon minion attacks him/her, run circles around your cannon minion and wait for your opponent to die. It works all the way up to diamond (that's for me).

Last edited by flyingspacesheep; 2017-08-28 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    This is pretty true HAHAHAHAHA. Not in the sense of looking down on people, but there are these types everywhere, including diamond. I may or may not be one of them depending on how you see it.

Though I don't mute anyone at all, that's so I can report people (if they are annoying) and sometimes laugh at people who talks nonsense like they know how to play the game, but the only contribution that they have, is to make the game harder to win.

I'm quite the opposite though. I'm just low diamond but I have 80-90% winrate on my friend's B5 account (I was shocked that he managed to get into B5 though). The 10-20% loss is due to AFKers/DCs/intentional feeders, but I usually try to take over the game as fast as possible, so my opponents will either rage and surrender/afk or I can just 1v5.

That's true though but then again, if they are like 5/5/5 and you're like 25/1/0, it's very likely that they'll honor you.

People suck from time to time, especially when they just start out. Like what Elbob said, just get a fullset of tier 2 runes and buy all the cheapest champs. Focus on what you like and you'll be getting good in no time!

Not last hitting is a bad idea, though it feels like you can get the gold in the next 15 seconds, think of it this way. If you just last hit properly, 1 minion every 15 seconds, you multiply your gold earned by 20%-30%~. A wave comes every 30 seconds with at least 6 minions (less the cannon), if you don't last hit, you will earn something like 40-50 gold? But if you don't miss, or just miss 1 minion, you'll be having something like 150-160.

Say 8mins later you hit lvl 6. You can either have 800 gold or you can have 2560 gold.

If champs that you use are getting banned, it's time for you to change to something else. I personally love banner morgana, I still love her (even after the banner rework which I hate). Below is a video, but basically, take TP, Doran's ring, max W first (make sure you cast W to hit at least 5 minions at once to maximise the usage), just push for gold and use E when you get ganked so you can just walk away.

Once your banner is up, only use it on cannon minions. You should be around lvl 6 (if you last hit properly), bait your opponent to attack you, so your cannon minion attacks him/her, run circles around your cannon minion and wait for your opponent to die. It works all the way up to diamond (that's for me).

I've only been doing Twisted Treeline thus far. Pretty good with Garen, Malz and Teemo. I think I need to diversify a bit because I struggle with certain bans. I'm good with Miss Fortune too but she's not that great on TT. I'm okay with Jax but it's hit or miss.

Haven't played Morg in ages. Will try.

I've only been doing Twisted Treeline thus far. Pretty good with Garen, Malz and Teemo. I think I need to diversify a bit because I struggle with certain bans. I'm good with Miss Fortune too but she's not that great on TT. I'm okay with Jax but it's hit or miss.

I've only played SR on ranked and I try to avoid going into normal games and/or participate in other game modes (unless there are rewards) =P. Anyways, it's cool, I started out as a Katarina main (and Katarina only) but it ended up getting banned quite abit after I hit a certain rank, so I had to use blitzcrank support (which also got banned at times), so I had to add in Morgana.

She seldom gets banned and sometimes SP wasn't available, so I'd go top and mid Morgana. Started out with a basic dmg build until one day, I decided to use banner lol. It works best against AP champs, it counters pushers like Heim and Malzahar pretty hard.

I understand this thread is a bit old by now, but my best tip to climb out of bronze is to pick something that is strong early. Some time ago I made a smurf account (I was only S1 on my main back then), and intentionally tried to lose all my promotion games to see how far down I ended up (think I went something like 2-8) and ended in Bronze 3 or 4.

I unlocked Pantheon and got out of Bronze in about 20-30 games total (jumped over Bronze 2) by simply winning the game the first 10 minutes by crushing my lane opponent and roaming like crazy, just smacking everyone. Now I had a basic knowledge of the game, and how it works, so it was a bit easier for me of course, but the moral here is - don't pick a tank or support that relies on others doing the damage, BE the damage. You get support? Pick a midlane mage, etc.

Best of luck, and yes, Bronze players is very toxic and "all knowing" for some reason, best thing to do is type /mute all when the game starts, and just do your best I'd dare to say that 90% of everything said in chat is negative bullshit (In pretty much any elo), everything you need to communicate you can do through pings alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    intentionally tried to lose

I unlocked Pantheon and got out of Bronze in about 20-30 games total (jumped over Bronze 2) by simply winning the game the first 10 minutes by crushing my lane opponent and roaming like crazy, just smacking everyone. Now I had a basic knowledge of the game, and how it works, so it was a bit easier for me of course, but the moral here is - don't pick a tank or support that relies on others doing the damage, BE the damage. You get support? Pick a midlane mage, etc.

Best of luck, and yes, Bronze players is very toxic and "all knowing" for some reason
    I always felt that it's pretty hard to get into Bronze 5. To intentionally try to lose is pretty depressing already, it's like you have to control yourself to not punish your opponents or kill them when you can and/or intentionally play like shet which may deprove you. And what's more, is the chance that you may get banned for intentionally losing games before you even reach B5. All that hard work, and when you finally start to play, you promote like nobody's business and all the hard work is gone in a flash.

I used to have this mentality and still have it, that's why I like Lux support but I do think that it depends on skill level too. For me, it works because I'm able to spot mistakes and take kills often (but my opponents makes lesser and lesser mistakes as the rank goes up). Tilt them before they tilt your team, that's my motto, get 25 stacks Mejai (while warding) and kill everyone in your way.

Like what you said on Bronze behaviours, doesn't apply to everyone but most of them are pretty arrogant somehow, thinking that they should all deserve Diamond and are just down in the dumps because of teammates. Killing everyone with a dmg SP will severely tilt them and either cause them to have an internal conflict and/or intentionally lose the game/surrender.

I've tried serveral things though and I think Tanks can carry too, you just need to build it right. E.g. Banner Sion, I just remain unkillable and I just keep on taking turrets with Banner and kill anyone who comes around with my banner creep. Instead of dominating the game through kills, I do it through map control and try to take inhibitors while providing global gold for my teammates.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is bronze in Dota terms? Like 500 mmr?

Jesus christ that's bad. At a certain point you can't blame it on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    What is bronze in Dota terms? Like 500 mmr?

Jesus christ that's bad. At a certain point you can't blame it on your team.
    Bronze 5 is the lowest of the lowest you can get, it ranks from Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond - Master - Challenger, Bronze to Diamond all have 5 sub-categories, so a total of 27 ranks.

So yeah, being Bronze isn't very good, I believe that if you get over Gold you are among the top 10% of players though..
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Bronze 5 is the lowest of the lowest you can get, it ranks from Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond - Master - Challenger, Bronze to Diamond all have 5 sub-categories, so a total of 27 ranks.

So yeah, being Bronze isn't very good, I believe that if you get over Gold you are among the top 10% of players though..
    According to https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/ranki...k-distribution Bronze IV is the lowest 8% of players, so I think my 500 MMR comparison estimate is spot on.

Damn Tennisace, why am I not surprised?

I've played on a few accounts in Bronze, always gotten out of bronze very fast (10-20 games.) I just played a mid that'd win lane and roam, get yourself fed, stop your team mates falling behind and screw over the enemy jungler.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I've played on a few accounts in Bronze, always gotten out of bronze very fast (10-20 games.) I just played a mid that'd win lane and roam, get yourself fed, stop your team mates falling behind and screw over the enemy jungler.
    Yeah, that is pretty much what I did as well, just as a toplaner. Kill enemy top laner - take control over top side jungle, roam (I used Panth, so a lot of map pressure with ult).

Deleted

Garen is very underrated in soloq Top on the 5v5 map.

Your opponents tent to underestimate you. You can do whacky builds and suprise people like going full ad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Garen is very underrated in soloq Top on the 5v5 map.

Your opponents tent to underestimate you. You can do whacky builds and suprise people like going full ad
    Garen with TF/Steraks/Titanic Hydra/Spirit Visage/Frozen Mallet is absolutely terrifying. Like, Fed Darius/Illaoi/Fiorai levels of "run away!" (speaking as someone who plays squishy jungler)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter