Thread: Tanking KJ

Tanking KJ

Hey so i am new to tanking as dh and i was wondering on Kj how can i soak the big swirlies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad1087 View Post
    Hey so i am new to tanking as dh and i was wondering on Kj how can i soak the big swirlies?
    Demon spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Demon spikes.
    Seriously just this. I have to spent so much time just trying to convince people that we can soak big ones. In the end, we killed H-KJ with 2 VDHs.

I tend to soak lil ones also as VDH cause the dot itself is just free 24/7 15% agility with lege pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Demon spikes.
    This.

However depends on the amount of HP you have. use Stamina flask if undergeared, and even stamina trinket if you have a good one.

Depending on your Mastery it will leave you with 20~~30% HP after the meteor hits. so your healers will have to pay attetion when you do the soak.

However, make sure to bring immunities for Big Soaks outside intermission and P1. Tanks shouldn't be taking Big Swirls on that phases because of the Felclaw Debuff.

Talking about felclaw debuff, don't even try to soak the Big Swirl if you have the debuff, the big swirl do Physical Damage, meaning felclaw boost bigmeteor damage and will kill you 100% of the time if you have felclaws.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    This.

However depends on the amount of HP you have. use Stamina flask if undergeared, and even stamina trinket if you have a good one.

Depending on your Mastery it will leave you with 20~~30% HP after the meteor hits. so your healers will have to pay attetion when you do the soak.

However, make sure to bring immunities for Big Soaks outside intermission and P1. Tanks shouldn't be taking Big Swirls on that phases because of the Felclaw Debuff.

Talking about felclaw debuff, don't even try to soak the Big Swirl if you have the debuff, the big swirl do Physical Damage, meaning felclaw boost bigmeteor damage and will kill you 100% of the time if you have felclaws.
    Second this, I tried messing around with spikes + fiery brand on KJ with 2 stam trinkets and flask and I still got one shot with fel claw debuff haha. I'd imagine you could survive if you combined meta into the mix but obviously blowing every single CD for it is a waste and I didn't want my group to hate me for testing it lol.

edit for clarity: one shot by meteor with 5 stack fel claw, bad wording originally.
    Last edited by LightClaw; 2017-08-24 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    even stamina trinket if you have a good one.
    If progression and even a possibility of death Reliquary is pretty much a must equip if you have it. Great CD along with the massive health boost.

*but muh dps* I know...