Page 1 of 3
LastLast

druid tanks bad?

so are they?

last night i was raiding on my 918 Veng DH with a 920 tank druid and i had to litterly stop any dps or i was taking agro from him...am i a bad dh or is this druid just bad?

i was doing nothing out of the normal that i dont do with any other tank i was parsing purple for damage and he was parsing grey like 11% or less.

Am i at fault?

Help me understand please.

Thank you

btw i was doing 300-350k dps and he was doing 200-250k dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    so are they?

last night i was raiding on my 918 Veng DH with a 920 tank druid and i had to litterly stop any dps or i was taking agro from him...am i a bad dh or is this druid just bad?

i was doing nothing out of the normal that i dont do with any other tank i was parsing purple for damage and he was parsing grey like 11% or less.

Am i at fault?

Help me understand please.

Thank you

btw i was doing 300-350k dps and he was doing 200-250k dps
    Really hard to say anything for certain without logs.

DH's are one of the highest dps tanks, and Guardian druids can be on the low side if they aren't using damage focused relics and certain legendaries.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Really hard to say anything for certain without logs.

DH's are one of the highest dps tanks, and Guardian druids can be on the low side if they aren't using damage focused relics and certain legendaries.
    Also relics. Thrash damage relics are worth like 40 item levels.

My belief is that guardian druid was so strong for most of Legion that an influx of bad players flooded the class.

Seen enough pug bear tanks in that damage range to likely have the answer even w/o logs: the bear tank is not performing their damaging ability rotation correctly (for max damage or survival), and they're likely using Swipe way too much. If the bear uses Thrash and Mangle on CD while maintaining Moonfire on the primary target and only using Swipe when there's literally nothing else do to, the threat problem should be less of an issue. On a generic tank perspective, I see many inexperienced tanks not use high threat abilities (aka, your hardest hitting ones) during a Taunt window. If you already generate low threat and can't generate a big threat lead during a taunt, life is miserable for the other tank.

More of an aside: yes, Thrash relics make a huge difference, but it most likely won't cause the issues the OP described. Especially doesn't help when they don't cast Thrash on CD.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2017-08-24 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears are very strong. If someone is losing aggro they are doing something wrong.

Against physical damage: I don't think any other class is better than a Druid for taking repeated physical hits.
    Against magical damage: There's better options. Outside of FR/Cooldowns, you have no active mitigation, but you still have a nice passive DR. It's not like you're worthless though, you can still tank stuff just fine.
    Overall: Druids are fine. Would have been nice to get a weaker MoU (just so you have something to press during magic damage), but we're still fine without it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Well, you're pulling 90% & he's barely making 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Well, you're pulling 90% & he's barely making 10%.
    I know this so should I have only been auto attacking when he was tanking?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    A bear, while even performing very mediocre, should not lose aggro to an equal-ish geared tank.
    This bear was below mediocre.
    He was below bad.
    He was afk'ing watching youtube, most likely.

That druid needs to realize that there's more to life than spamming Swipe.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Against physical damage: I don't think any other class is better than a Druid for taking repeated physical hits.
    Warrior, Monk

I know this so should I have only been auto attacking when he was tanking?
    You should keep doing what you are doing and tell the bear to stop wasting everyone's time and start playing.

Even if he doesn't have Trash relics in every slot, he still shouldn't do that bad DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Bears are very strong. If someone is losing aggro they are doing something wrong.
    I gotta throw in with this answer... I have ZERO problem holding agro.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I main a guardian druid, and I never have an issue with keeping aggro. After going over the logs, it's easy to spot the issue he was having. He just spammed swipe and let it auto attack while barely doing anything else. I normally only use swipe as a filler well other things is on cooldown. So no guardian druids in general aren't bad, you just experienced a bad player.

the druid was actually an old guild mate ><

i say old because i was going to offer to help him out and he blew up at me and told me to F OFF and a bunch of other stuff then he kicked me from the guild.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2017-08-24 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Warrior, Monk
    No. Just no

the druid was actually an old guild mate ><

i say old because i was going to offer to help him out and he blew up at me and told me to F OFF and a bunch of other stuff then he kicked me from the guild.
    I hate people like that and prefer not to play with them. They simply can't let go of their ego long enough for people to help them improve their game play. I consider myself a pretty good guardian druid, but if someone felt I could improve on something I'd be open for it.

bad bear and bad tank in general. regardless of tank class equally geared ,+/- several levels, tanks should not have threat issues pulling of each other.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22