Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, for now you have that right, but just you wait - I'm confident that in due time the good Justice Kennedy will find, hidden somewhere between a couple Amendments perhaps, that it turns out you have absolutely no right to elect not to bake the proverbial gay cake. Indeed, the government compelling you to bake said cake is not only not an infringement of your rights, but it would be an infringement of the gay couple's rights were you not compelled to do business with them. How we went some couple centuries without noticing that right in the Constitution is beyond me, it's obviously in there somewhere.
    Interesting how the 'living constitution' doctrine is incredibly convenient for pushing the progressive agenda and allowing judges to pretty much make up the law as we go.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Kiwi Herring dat name x)

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Why do people keep blocking traffic? It's not like you're surrounding a police car or anyone involved whatsoever, it's a random car. If an angry mob surrounds my car out of nowhere I would plow through them too, lol, I'd be well within my rights to protect myself. Idiots.
    The protest even forced an ambulance to divert its course

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...824-story.html

How they slant it to make him sound guilty:
    A man was charged Thursday after authorities said he pulled his car into a group of demonstrators protesting a police shooting in St. Louis, injuring three people.

Mark Colao, 59, faces a felony count of resisting arrest by fleeing and misdemeanor charges of leaving the scene of an accident and operating a vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner. It's not clear if he has an attorney who can comment on his behalf.
    How they address Kiwi Herring in the same article:
    Police said the three people suffered minor injuries Wednesday night during a candlelight vigil and protest in honor of Kenny "Kiwi" Herring, who was fatally shot by officers Tuesday after allegedly stabbing one of them.
    That's pretty convenient that the officer was 'allegedly' stabbed. All media sources are also portraying this as if the car drove into the protesters, even though its obvious that the car did stop and then was attacked by protesters.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    That isn't how it works.

Just because another person decided to make a turn elsewhere doesn't obligate anyone else to do so at all.
    That literally is how duty to retreat works... If you can retreat/avoid the situation you must first do that. If you can't then you can retaliate.

You can not say "I could make this left turn here.... but I wanted to make that left turn down there so I'm going to assault people with my car" the latter you are instigating the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The protest even forced an ambulance to divert its course

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...824-story.html

How they slant it to make him sound guilty:

How they address Kiwi Herring in the same article:

That's pretty convenient that the officer was 'allegedly' stabbed. All media sources are also portraying this as if the car drove into the protesters, even though its obvious that the car did stop and then was attacked by protesters.
    You're the only one slanting anything." They forced an ambulance to divert!"

Way more sensational than it really is. The ambulance also clearly wasn't in a hurry or had an emergency. you'd be great on Fox News.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That literally is how duty to retreat works... If you can retreat/avoid the situation you must first do that. If you can't then you can retaliate.
    "Duty to retreat" only applies at the time of the event, not before. He had no "duty to retreat" prior to pulling up to the protesters because the didn't start until they attacked his car. At that point, he exercised that "duty" by pushing through the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Duty to retreat" only applies at the time of the event, not before. He had no "duty to retreat" prior to pulling up to the protesters because the didn't start until they attacked his car. At that point, he exercised that "duty" by pushing through the crowd.
    You can't create an event and then attack because of the event you just created.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't create an event and then attack because of the event you just created.
    He didn't create the event. Honking at people who are illegally blocking an intersection is not "inciting" an event. Attacking someone's car because they're honking at you to move is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No I'm actually sure it's because of comments like that :P
    Yes, facts have no place in a forum when Liberal Lap-dog Endus is running around, swinging his virtual-signaling ban-hammer!

Way more sensational than it really is. The ambulance also clearly wasn't in a hurry or had an emergency. you'd be great on Fox News.
    Wait a minute, the ambulance did clearly divert its course after seeing that the crowd had taken over the street. Do you think that its reasonable that protesters should just take over streets and not allow cars through? When the car involved in the incident attempted to go around the protesters, why didn't the protesters just allow him to pass by? Why did they instead all swarm further into the road and surround his car?

Protesting is not a free pass to start terrorizing random passers by, I'm not sure why so many people support tactics like this that create dangerous situations.

You can not say "I could make this left turn here.... but I wanted to make that left turn down there so I'm going to assault people with my car" the latter you are instigating the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you really this fucking retarded? They attacked the car. I'd have run them over also... because guess what, my life, and the life of my family, is more important to me than all you crybaby snowflakes combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Tomato, Lettuce, and Mayonnaise?
    Add some bacon and we are in business!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Kiwi Herring dat name x)
    Sounds like a fruity-fishy flavored concoction of a smoothie.
    "I'd like the 20oz 'kiwi-herring" smoothie please.

People will defend anything as long as it's about people on "their side". I consider myself liberal since I do not hold any conservative values, but this narrative of "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality is insane. Even being a liberal, as a human being with thoughts and ethics you should be able to see when people that might have a kinda similar way of thinking similar to yours are doing shit wrong.

The sad truth of it all is, if it was some white dude that attacked police with a knife, or if it was a rally of conservatives and someone ran them over, "progressives" would celebrate. It's shitty that people are getting hurt, no matter what their political alignments are and it's a sad situation when no one is willing to actually sit down, talk things out and let others who have nothing to do with anything pay the price for it.

Also, sorry, if you attack a cop and get shot, that's on you. Cops have every right to defend themselves. And while we've seen instances where cops have killed people without any sort of provocation due to very poor training and preparation, this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Are you really this fucking retarded? They attacked the car. I'd have run them over also... because guess what, my life, and the life of my family, is more important to me than all you crybaby snowflakes combined.

I feel like I'm talking to a kid. The only ones crying are the right who are upset that someone dare be held responsible for their crimes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Wait a minute, the ambulance did clearly divert its course after seeing that the crowd had taken over the street. Do you think that its reasonable that protesters should just take over streets and not allow cars through? When the car involved in the incident attempted to go around the protesters, why didn't the protesters just allow him to pass by? Why did they instead all swarm further into the road and surround his car?

Protesting is not a free pass to start terrorizing random passers by, I'm not sure why so many people support tactics like this that create dangerous situations.
    Reminds me of this:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like I'm talking to a kid. The only ones crying are the right who are upset that someone dare be held responsible for their crimes.
    Um, there wouldn't have been a protest there in the first place if certain groups weren't protesting the police for doing their jobs. The intersection where this took place isn't even all that close to where the tranny dude got himself shot by police.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm talking to a kid.
    Sweet, sweet irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    It's not as simple as taking over Twitter, following politicians to their homes, and blocking streets, either, but you support that.
    It's almost like direct action is different from pretending problems don't exist.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.