Thread: Remove EQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Earthquake should have the Starfall radius. I mean... Earthquakes can make tremble gigantic zones in real life...

In my opinion de best idea is the toggable one, constantly draining maelstrom while active, that way you can replace it at will. It would also match better the fantasy, it feels weird to create several EQ at the very same place.

But I believe they can't do it work because none of the toggable abilities in game are targetted but built around the player.

Something like Stormkeeper should be the Maelstrom spender next expansion.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Something like Stormkeeper should be the Maelstrom spender next expansion.
    oh man 100 maelstrom for a stormkeeper no CD, thats the fucking dream!

then of course since you'll never use it for lightning bolt or single target ES is better.

just buff lightning bolt damage by 100%, it currently hits for nothing anyway of course castable on the move to fix elementals mobility issues, single target fixed.

these 3 lines make elemental better than 1 million blizz devs ever could, if blizz devs were a currency they would be the zimbabwean dollar, because no matter how much you have it's worthless HAHAHA!
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-10-31 at 07:24 PM.

Also, for people who are frustrated with Earthquake targeter, you can just macro

/cast [@cursor] Earthquake

and it will automatically drop Earthquake at your mouse location without having to click, so you can spam 3-4 back to back very rapidly in between stormkeeper chains.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not about complexity but rather choice, Maelstrom might as well be called "Earthometer" for Elemental because there are no serious spenders besides EQ and Earth shock.

Elemental Blast could consume Maelstrom, Liquid Magma Totem could consume maelstrom.

The fact Ascendance just straight out ignores the Maelstrom Mechanic as whole is just bad design, if people should use ES while Ascendance => Ascendance should "buff" ES as well (or transform for that matter), if people should not use ES while Ascendance => Block Maelstrom generation from Lvb during Ascendance, buff Ascendance for compensation.
    This posts a bit old but I just saw it and thought it'd be good to mention.

Ascendance actually did change earth shock near the start of legion alpha. It turned it into lava shock and it did like 4x damage. They scrapped it in the second or third build. No idea why since they never commented on it, but probably something to do with ascendance being way too strong as a talent with that baked in too.

Me too I really hate Earthquake. I believe many people like me made a shaman just to cast chain lightning all day in dungeons. With the addition of earthquake, we feel like they were forced to nerf CL to make us use EQ. It is very annoying. I just wanna see lightning everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Me too I really hate Earthquake. I believe many people like me made a shaman just to cast chain lightning all day in dungeons. With the addition of earthquake, we feel like they were forced to nerf CL to make us use EQ. It is very annoying. I just wanna see lightning everywhere.
    And i'm sure many Shamans would rather do something other than pressing one button to aoe. That's not fun, as cool as lightning is and Chain lightning is only good against a small number of targets anyway. Or it should be. We need another button to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I like that. You could go even further and say if you Earth Shock a target under the effects of EQ, primary target and all targets around it who are also effected by EQ take X amount of damage (call it Aftershock or Tremor or w/e). Under this, reduce EQ's damage and increase its duration to 10 seconds again. You could even make the Earth Shock cast during this give a guaranteed knock-down, and reduce the % chance of EQ knocking mobs down to compensate the increased control.
    Better still, ES during EQ would create a strait line fissure doing damage that way, and add a really cool class flair. Actually I think in generally ES should be a "Fissure" style skill that does damage in a straight line. Because as skill goes, ES and FS are by far the blandest in WoW. Even Shadow Priest got some flair to it's basically instant travel spells.