Thread: Warcraft Map ?

  1. #1

    Warcraft Map ?

    Really Blizz ? Still no Warcraft Map ?

    We have a Cancerous OW map , 2 Starcraft maps , 2 Diablo maps ... and still 0 Warcraft Map

    Now that Kel'thuzad is on his way to Hots it's best time to release a Naxxramas Map , If not then I'd call it a fail even with all this skins

  2. #2
    On the other hand, we've got a bazillion Warcraft heroes, so I'd call it even.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by capalex65 View Post
    On the other hand, we've got a bazillion Warcraft heroes, so I'd call it even.
    Kinda because the Warcraft franchise is multiple times bigger than any other Blizzard franchise.

  4. #4
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,730
    Blackheart, Dragon Shrines from the top of my mind.

    Fun part of HotS is that Nexus is literally a nexus for all of their franchises, i don't want to see a "starcraft map" or "diablo map" or "warcraft map" - i want to see fire mage burning zergs to the ground, i want to see protoss spaceships blasting the Heaven, i want dragons fighting equal sized siege beasts. This is fun, but making a "warcraft map" is boring and missing on opportunities
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-08-25 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #5
    Only the OW map and the SC maps are franchise-specific.

    The two "Diablo" maps are as related to Diablo as the medieval ones are to Warcraft: Similar theme, no direct references.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Only the OW map and the SC maps are franchise-specific.

    The two "Diablo" maps are as related to Diablo as the medieval ones are to Warcraft: Similar theme, no direct references.
    The mercs on the Diablo themed maps are literally enemies from the Diablo franchise, as well as having tilesets pretty much taken directly from the Diablo universe.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Only the OW map and the SC maps are franchise-specific.

    The two "Diablo" maps are as related to Diablo as the medieval ones are to Warcraft: Similar theme, no direct references.
    Diablo maps literally released on diablo event and you say they are not related to it? Mercs directly from diablo and same kind of tile sets with some modification to match HotS art style. They are franchise-specific. On top of that battlefields of eternity is even an actual place in d3.

  8. #8
    The Patient n7stormreaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Somewhere among the stars of Laniakea.
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Only the OW map and the SC maps are franchise-specific.

    The two "Diablo" maps are as related to Diablo as the medieval ones are to Warcraft: Similar theme, no direct references.
    Is there even anything that is not Diablo in Diablo maps?

    D3 Act 4 tilesets, Eternal Conflict, Khazra mercs, Fallen shaman mercs, D3 Cursed Shrines, Malthael's Punishers, Legendary drops from core\clickable easter eggs, angel\demon minions. Tbh i don't even see how you can come to a conclusion that anything on those maps is not about Diablo.
    Space magic.

  9. #9
    Stormwind one side, Orgrimmar the other. Lets go
    This website LOL

  10. #10
    Blademaster Hollycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Summer Ever Ending
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Stormwind one side, Orgrimmar the other. Lets go
    I have to agree here. I think the options are endless. From WSG/AV themed maps to Horde vs. Alliance to Sanctuary and the Heavens to a full Zerg vs. Protoss. The only limit is our imaginations. I love the nexus 'verse as well and the characters/maps it's brought us like Blackheart and his cove etc. Either way, I certainly wouldn't call it a "fail" that we finally got the most requested character yet didn't get the map you wanted lol.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I have to agree here. I think the options are endless. From WSG/AV themed maps to Horde vs. Alliance to Sanctuary and the Heavens to a full Zerg vs. Protoss. The only limit is our imaginations. I love the nexus 'verse as well and the characters/maps it's brought us like Blackheart and his cove etc. Either way, I certainly wouldn't call it a "fail" that we finally got the most requested character yet didn't get the map you wanted lol.
    They could have gone with Death Knight Varian , Yet they didn't
    They could have released Naxxramas-themed map since Cancermura is out of rotation , Yet they didn't
    But hey we got Kel'thuzad so ... That's enough for me , Also we will have 0 Warcraft heroes for a while after this (According to leaks , Firebat / Junkrat / Ana)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by capalex65 View Post
    On the other hand, we've got a bazillion Warcraft heroes, so I'd call it even.
    Ummm ...
    That's a bad excuse of having no Warcraft map , On the other hand Warcraft franchise is FAR bigger than Starcraft and Diablo combined

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Blackheart, Dragon Shrines from the top of my mind.

    Fun part of HotS is that Nexus is literally a nexus for all of their franchises, i don't want to see a "starcraft map" or "diablo map" or "warcraft map" - i want to see fire mage burning zergs to the ground, i want to see protoss spaceships blasting the Heaven, i want dragons fighting equal sized siege beasts. This is fun, but making a "warcraft map" is boring and missing on opportunities
    Hmmmm that sounds like a good idea , More like cross all the franchises into one map , Like demons fighting zergs .. that would be badass

  12. #12
    Wait for BlizzCon, they will in 99% announce something regarding Warcraft map there.
    Hopefully Warsong with CPT?


    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    2,363
    time for arathi basin map
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    time for arathi basin map
    Imo - too big map.

    But anyways, can imagine these stealthies camping on any of the sites... lul


    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  15. #15
    Epic! Otaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suomi Perkele!
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Imo - too big map.

    But anyways, can imagine these stealthies camping on any of the sites... lul
    "too big map" it can be scaled down... doesnt need to be lifelike.
    It already has 3 lanes so it would be accurate too.

    But would be cool if they try something new, alterac valley could work too because it had NPCs to begin with.

  16. #16
    Battle for Gilneas is basically a down-scaled AB. If they want to go the purist route but don't want a map too big, they could make that.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  17. #17
    OP hit us with YOUR idea of an interesting and unique WARCRAFT map. Just making it look like it is on Azeroth isn't gonna cut it.

    Still think the "fight on the back of a Protoss Mothership" 3v3v3 map would be the most interesting idea I've seen.
    A most insidious form of fear is that which masquerades as common sense or even wisdom, condemning as foolish, reckless, insignificant or futile the small, daily acts of courage which help to preserve man’s self-respect and inherent human dignity.”
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ANTIFA Is so much closer to Nazi than most Nazis ever were.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •