Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Sounds like bad luck, I like the Legendary concept, it gives you a reason to replay. However, I think the only real flaw in the system is that there really isn't a catch up mechanic for alts or rerolls. I'm not sure how they'd implement that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    When was the last time you were actually excited to get a "Legendary" drop? I got my BIS trinket a few nights ago and it could have been a generic blue item for all the excitement i felt. The ocean of loot in Legion has pretty much devalued everything to the point of irrelevance.

I can look at the notice streamer in my guild pane and see 15-20 legendary drops to various people in the last couple of days. So rare. Many value.
    i got my first legendary on my hunter in July after 20 days played and I barely stopped to read what it does(MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer). I unsubbed the next day when i realized that the game isn't going to get any more fun...

I have like 8 of them on my main and 2-4 on my alts.
    They aren't really legendary which makes them just another item nothing to be exited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    Hi,

play my rogue since start of Legion and still haven't got my BiS Legendaries.
    And this is the point when you can stop reading further. Pure RNG salt.

I am kind of a casual player these days but honestly, it's so depressing seeing those other players getting all of their stuff just because they play 6h per day and do things like daily HC or LFR.
    More salt. Looks like you are playing for others, not yourself. Low self esteem that you need to boost your e-peen with bis gear? Or your surroundings is elitist jerks who state: 2 bis or gtfo? You said it yourself - you're rather casual and for that bis aren't needed. Except if you want to parade with a sign: look how awesome I am. Cry for attention.

The bad luck protection should attach more importance on the date the character reaches 110 and the current date.
    This is so stupid it left me speechless. Why didn't you just said that bis should be granted after X days of /played? Way simpler.

Even if I would get these items tomorrow, nearly every other rogue or mage or whatever got their BiS months ago and enjoy the competition with other players (dps, logs, m+) since then.
    Ah.. this is where it hurts you. Being low at the stake. Seems like you're one spoiled brat who wants the best toys at the start so you could show yourself. Elitist snowflake syndrome? Getting bis at this point is pointless since everyone and their grandparents already have it and it's not as special as it used to be?

And my experience in Legion is: always chasing somebody who is far ahead from me because of the items I might get someday...or..well...never, because I will quit before that day.
    This is your reason to play WoW? To compare whose is bigger? Not the story, zones, PvP, achievements... simple comparison whose is bigger... sigh.

This xpac is very enjoyable for people who got their BiS Legendaries - for everyone else it feels like I didn't really have started yet. And it's a whole year by now...
    First - speak for yourself and don't generalize because it fits your little drama.
    Second - this x-pac is enjoyable for me since when I got flying (3 days after those who got it first, so pretty much for quite some time already). I play all 12 classes, all are 110, I have 9/12 class mounts and 33/36 artifacts (with all traits unlocked and filled 3/4). My lowest alts (2 of them) are 860+ ilvl, rest is anywhere in 870, one is 880 and main is 896. Main has 3 legendaries total, one alt has 2 and three other just a single one. 8 legendaries in total spread among 5 characters. None of which is bis and I don't care as i don't need them for my play style. Sure - they provide huge boost in performance but for me it's more important to have high ilvl relics.

And no - I don't feel I didn't really started.

My whole m+ crew got all their Legendaries by now and I am missing ~4 with every spec. How much do I need to play besides my gf, job, sport to even compete with that?...
    RNG is RNG. And crying that they got while I don't is silly.

What is your experience with Legendaries and their droprates?

Greetz
    As a person who DO NOT run PvP, raids (lfr included), dungeons (except those required for the campaign), not to mention mythics and those +, it was a bit better before 7.3. I could run occasional emissaries and world bosses and still get a legendary roughly 2 weeks apart. Now I haven't seen a single drop for weeks straight. Well, I limited myself to world bosses alone so my chances are next to zero. But I don't complain. I have other things to do and while legendary would be nice addition it's not required.

I had returned in first week of August.
    And again I didn't have bis legendaries, because Blizz added some brand new orange stuff.

I don't know much about other classes, because Legion don't give me much free time to playing alts, but for my class bis legendaries are miles ahead of middle tier leggos (like 1 mio and 1.4 in hc Goroth).

So I started to clear all raids in all difficulties, all wq caches, random heroics and all m0.

And I received legendary every cd.

But it was sooo frustrating.
    I asked myself again and again, Is it worth do all this boring chore to start playing the game.
    I really wanted to quit game again.

I even leaved the raid ones when I could receive 2 bis and 1 the worst leggos and (surprise!) the crappiest one dropped to me.

And the day had come.
    Not from fckin hard raid boss or super high key, but from wq cache.

Did I feel fun back then? Or enjoyment?

Hell no. I felt the relieve.

Relieve, because finally I can play the game I want to. Progress my alt-mage and make class mount. Some transmog runs. Some mount runs. Only current raid and couple bosses from Nighthold. NO wq, m0 or lfr. Some hard m+ keys.

Funny thing, it don't last long, because Blizz said "We heard that you like braindead farm. So we added Crucible and you have to grind 75 artifact lvl".

God save that Blizz!

yea it fails in so many ways, I just hope we wont have to deal with legendarys and ap in next exp.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    I had returned in first week of August.
    And again I didn't have bis legendaries, because Blizz added some brand new orange stuff.

I don't know much about other classes, because Legion don't give me much free time to playing alts, but for my class bis legendaries are miles ahead of middle tier leggos (like 1 mio and 1.4 in hc Goroth).

So I started to clear all raids in all difficulties, all wq caches, random heroics and all m0.

And I received legendary every cd.

But it was sooo frustrating.
    I asked myself again and again, Is it worth do all this boring chore to start playing the game.
    I really wanted to quit game again.

I even leaved the raid ones when I could receive 2 bis and 1 the worst leggos and (surprise!) the crappiest one dropped to me.

And the day had come.
    Not from fckin hard raid boss or super high key, but from wq cache.

Did I feel fun back then? Or enjoyment?

Hell no. I felt the relieve.

Relieve, because finally I can play the game I want to. Progress my alt-mage and make class mount. Some transmog runs. Some mount runs. Only current raid and couple bosses from Nighthold. NO wq, m0 or lfr. Some hard m+ keys.

Funny thing, it don't last long, because Blizz said "We heard that you like braindead farm. So we added Crucible and you have to grind 75 artifact lvl".

God save that Blizz!
    So, to sum up:

You returned to the game 6 weeks ago, and having already caught up with those of us who had a year's head start on you, you're complaining about how terrible the system is

No offence dude, but you should be behind everyone for a while if they've been playing and accumulating power and you haven't. That is good game design because it rewards people who have actually, you know, put in the effort to make their characters great. Not that I have any issue with catch up mechanisms, just because you got behind doesn't mean you should stay behind for years. It's perfectly fine that a few months down the line you're basically on par with everyone else, but your expectation that you should just immediately be right up there is astounding!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So, to sum up:

You returned to the game 6 weeks ago, and having already caught up with those of us who had a year's head start on you, you're complaining about how terrible the system is

No offence dude, but you should be behind everyone for a while if they've been playing and accumulating power and you haven't. That is good game design because it rewards people who have actually, you know, put in the effort to make their characters great. Not that I have any issue with catch up mechanisms, just because you got behind doesn't mean you should stay behind for years. It's perfectly fine that a few months down the line you're basically on par with everyone else, but your expectation that you should just immediately be right up there is astounding!
    No offence dude, but you misunderstand me a lot.

I dropped WoW in late Nighthold for couple months . When I returned, I went straight to normal ToS, cause I already had 912 IL, full set, good trinkets and 8/12 legendaries for main spec.

Next, you say that's game has good design, when it force you to do a lot of boring and time-sinking content before you can really start to enjoy the game.

I think it's bad game design, because it literally burn you out. The hobby transforms into work.
    Entertainment becomes duty.

Sorry, but I never asked for this

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I rather do vanilla dungeons over and over for tmog , then stack bad luck protection on non-argus stuff...

I have cleared all LFR. We do an around the world raid night in which we do all normal/heroic versions of raids every week. Done all my Mythic 0 dungeons every week. Still no legendary in a month. Yet i have some guildies getting 2 a week and then bash on me for not doing enough content. I am married with a wife and kid, i can't spend every waking moment in game to farm legendaries. If this system returns next expansion i am unsubbed immediately. Go back to the WoD legendary system. Much, much better IMO. One of the things that WoD got right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I have cleared all LFR. We do an around the world raid night in which we do all normal/heroic versions of raids every week. Done all my Mythic 0 dungeons every week. Still no legendary in a month. Yet i have some guildies getting 2 a week and then bash on me for not doing enough content. I am married with a wife and kid, i can't spend every waking moment in game to farm legendaries. If this system returns next expansion i am unsubbed immediately. Go back to the WoD legendary system. Much, much better IMO. One of the things that WoD got right.
    I used for myself and many other the killpoints tool to just get a feeling how far away I could be in average.
    Is this your char? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...s/gloriontanks
    https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/...s/gloriontanks

Just shy above 4 legendarys, I had to do way more content to even get 4 but if this is your char, with not that many LFR/NORMAL/HEROIC clears, I don't really get why you are upset. The charachter from Tichondrius clearly did not much content.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the KJ trinket and the Affliction chest as my only two legendaries, both of which are strong and throughput-based. Because of this I no longer give two shits about legendaries, and will only sub the trinket out for the Afflication Head if I ever get it, or Soc's for WPVP.

The system is garbage and failed. Legs should never have been related to throughput, and under no circumstances should anyone have ever been disappointed to get one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yes, it failed. And it is one of the things that need to go for the next expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The system is garbage and failed. Legs should never have been related to throughput, and under no circumstances should anyone have ever been disappointed to get one.
    This. The second a dev said "yknow this one should only increase movement speed but this one should increase the damage of a primary attack" it should have been thrown in the trash but of course not because gotta chase that carrot on the stick.

What's even worse is when you realize some of them are literally talents that take up gear slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I used for myself and many other the killpoints tool to just get a feeling how far away I could be in average.
    Is this your char? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...s/gloriontanks
    https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/...s/gloriontanks

Just shy above 4 legendarys, I had to do way more content to even get 4 but if this is your char, with not that many LFR/NORMAL/HEROIC clears, I don't really get why you are upset. The charachter from Tichondrius clearly did not much content.
    I should delete that. It is my old toon. He has been benched pretty much for the most part. Hardly play him anymore.

edit: also, right on that website.......

NOTICE: The information presented here is severely outdated. Blizzard has made numerous changes to the drop rates, introduced per spec Bad Luck Protection™ and added craftable legendaries meaning this calculator is no longer relevant.

I'm leaving this up for entertainment purposes only.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Here's why people want catch up to be quick: <snip>
    catch-up is still mostly just an annoying grind in Legion - very rarely a challenge. So you mostly just end up bored and anxious to get through the nonsense to the current content, where you can be challenged appropriately
    Yes, I get it. People want to have their cake and eat it. The issue is that if you make catch up too quick then it's a slap in the face to people who have stayed current. The guy who has put in the effort week after week with the goal of making his character as powerful as possible should be beating the guy who slacked for 6 months, and I take issue when said slacker complains about how it isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    You can argue that maybe catch up should be hard, but the practical reality is it's never going to be because they are never going to get rid of the faceroll difficulty levels. So in WoW it's pretty reasonable for people to totally discount the catch up experience.
    Nah, I have no intention of arguing that catch up should be hard or laborious. A far more rational approach is to make catch up require time, time which can be mitigated with effort.

If someone wants to come back into the game at any level of play, the catch up mechanism should it viable for that person to be on par with other players putting in a similar level of effort within a few months. If you want to catch up faster, then it should require greater effort.

- - - Updated - - -

No offence dude, but you misunderstand me a lot.
    No offense taken. You're right, I am struggling to understand, because a lot of what you say just doesn't seem to make any sense at all. It's like you seem to feel compelled make a bunch of choices that lead to you not having fun, even though there are several alternatives, and then you blame the game for why you're feeling miserable.

I dropped WoW in late Nighthold for couple months . When I returned, I went straight to normal ToS, cause I already had 912 IL, full set, good trinkets and 8/12 legendaries for main spec.
    If you're doing ToS normal, then why exactly do you need BiS legendaries? The game does not require it of you at that level (even at heroic, coming in with 8 legendaries should be enough). Sure, you may want BiS legendaries, but then surely it's up to you to decide the appropriate level of effort you want to put in to expedite that process.

Next, you say that's game has good design, when it force you to do a lot of boring and time-sinking content before you can really start to enjoy the game.
    No. That is absolutely not what I said. I said it's good design because it rewards players with power according to the level of effort they put in. If your enjoyment of the game is contingent on being able to compete with other players while only putting in a fraction of the effort, then I would say the fault is with you.

Sorry, but my take on "enjoyment" is simple. Play the game the way you enjoy playing the game and set your expectations accordingly.

I think it's bad game design, because it literally burn you out. The hobby transforms into work.
    Only if you let it.

This game is designed to allow the player to set their own pace. The problem I see here is one of wanting to have your proverbial cake and eat it. You want to be a mythic raider, but at the same time you don't want to put in the inordinate amount of work that it requires. Sorry, but you have to choose. That's not bad game design, it's poor self management.

It's like saying that football is a badly designed game because you can't compete at a top level without turning it into a full time job. And then trying to argue that you should be able to play for a top club even if you only want to practice a little on the weekends.

Here's a tip: The game works a lot better if you're putting in consistent effort rather than alternating between complete slacking and then insane grinds. It's like if you're trying to run a marathon, sprinting until you collapse, then resting for a bit until you recover and then sprinting again to try and catch up. It's a retarded approach.

Rather decide what level of time and effort you want to put into the game and adjust your goals accordingly. Sorry to be so blunt, but it's absolutely not the game that is forcing you into burnout, it's your inability to set goals that are appropriately aligned.

Sorry, but I never asked for this
    Actually you did. You just might not realise it.

yeah they pretty much proved that the community has devolved into a bunch of entitled cry babies who dont know how to have fun because waa waa I didnt get the legendary I wanted boo hoo