Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I decided to try out healing a random BG on my freshly dinged priest and lo and behold I heard the legendary chimes. It was terrifying because I have absolutely no use for a healing legendary. Thankfully it was a 7.2 ring but still, it could have been a complete disaster. Imagine getting the healing trinket..

Of course it was my own fault for not setting loot spec to shadow, but not everyone knows they have to protect themselves from this shitty and incredibly punishing system.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I wouldn't say the system "failed", but it is heavily flawed, all to keep us playing as long as possible.
    Says it in the title out loud.

"I didn't get what I wanted (yet)" = DRASTICALLY FAILED!

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    "I didn't get what I wanted (yet)" = DRASTICALLY FAILED!
    Having someone get the two best items in the game the first week with no effort at all and some never getting them at all?
    Yeah, thats a horrible system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Having someone get the two best items in the game the first week with no effort at all and some never getting them at all?
    Yeah, thats a horrible system.
    Yeah, DRASTICALLY horrible... And totally unheard of.

i wish they had gone with the original idea of legendaries - that they could drop from ANY mob any where in the world. I wonder how hilarious that would have been - u go in the world, and everything everywhere is literally massacred.

What is?
    We had people that got two or three legendaries the first week. The system was bugged after all.

Deleted
    It certainly was a failure for me.

Got some 7 110s now, 5 played often since launch, 2 being my mains.
    The true mains are the only ones who ever got any of the "first class" leggos, Dire Beast shoulders and Bone Shield pants.
    My hunter got the shoulders 1 or 2 day+s before extra charge of DB went baseline.

So much for the exciting side of it, otherwise I just ignore their existence except checking what leggos do people have who somehow manage to outdps me every once in a long while (for BM it's Rot7L every single time) - and on the tanks, the shit could just as well disappear completely for all I care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Stop talking shit it takes 4-6 hours to clear all Raids you can do it literally on one day.
    That's just wrong there is noway you can clear all reads in that amount of time, at best you can do all the normal raids in that time spand but lfr, heroic and mythic also would take way longer to clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It's certainly broken for those with many casual alts / specs.

[...]

On the other hand, people who 90% play 1 character, and clear multiple raid difficulties and EN/ToV/NH or lots of M+ as well still probably have them all.
    I totally agree with this.

I didn't really like the system at the beginning of Legion, because I felt it worse then, because I did everything I could for the drops (dungeons, mythic plus, raids etc.) and had only 1 legendary for a very long time, and meanwhile one of my friends got 5 on his toon....

Since then I changed my main, start focusing only one character, and stopped chasing the legendaries. And I got them all, eventually.

To be honest, I like this system better than that one we had in WoD.

TBH the system is shit. It needed ways to target specific legendary's, either by token/currency or questlines. Going the entire expac and not getting good legendary's just feels like crud especially if your spec needs specific ones for it to do decent i.e ele and the "gamble" build that needs the gloves and ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There are well done and meaningful quests in the game.
    The cape quest was a joke.
    Its a matter of oppinion, i loved it. You didnt... Theres just no argument here...

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you got lucky to get your bis or played 24/7 to get them all and now you try to defend this cancer shit system? Amazing!

Failure just like Diablo 3 RoS

Quote Originally Posted by FarseerJesper View Post
    That's just wrong there is noway you can clear all reads in that amount of time, at best you can do all the normal raids in that time spand but lfr, heroic and mythic also would take way longer to clear.
    My Guild need 1,5 H for EN N/HC/M, 2,5H for NH N/HC/M , 3,5 H for Tos N/Hc and 6M (mistres and avatar takes longer to kill).In that time a normal player should be able to clear normal+hc and some lfrs you dont need Mythic kills for1 leggo a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So you got lucky to get your bis or played 24/7 to get them all and now you try to defend this cancer shit system? Amazing!
    Yeah, because this cancer shit system hasn't changed since Legion's release - which was a whole year ago by the way. If people are still lacking their BiS legendaries, either they recently rerolled (which is more cancerous than usual this expansion by the way, I agree) or they haven't been playing the game.

If people are still lacking their BiS legendaries, [...] they haven't been playing the game.
    kk
    Remember that some of us got something else to do then doing 4 raids per week

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    kk
    Remember that some of us got something else to do then doing 4 raids per week
    Then that means the dps difference between your current legendaries and your BiS ones isn't worth a few hours per week to you. It's your choice and it's not any different than keeping on farming to get your let's say BiS trinkets.

I play ~13h WoW per week. 10 of them is raiding and most of the time: progress (which is wasting time when u want to get a legendary). The rest of my time in WoW I do m+ with my friends, do a couple of WQ / BGs / whatever. I have done this for years and this is the first time that it's not enough. I need to play outside of raids to be decent in raids. And that is the main problem: the system is fine for everyone who plays WoW 7 days a week. But for the ones who only got time for raiding two evenings per week, the system drastically failed.
    I play WoW since beta and I am no student anymore. People have jobs, wifes and commitments these days - unfortunately, there is currently no space for people who can't play 20h per week in this game anymore. Because without the BiS legendaries, there is often no point of competing at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    I play ~13h WoW per week. 10 of them is raiding and most of the time: progress (which is wasting time when u want to get a legendary). The rest of my time in WoW I do m+ with my friends, do a couple of WQ / BGs / whatever. I have done this for years and this is the first time that it's not enough. I need to play outside of raids to be decent in raids. And that is the main problem: the system is fine for everyone who plays WoW 7 days a week. But for the ones who only got time for raiding two evenings per week, the system drastically failed.
    I play WoW since beta and I am no student anymore. People have jobs, wifes and commitments these days - unfortunately, there is currently no space for people who can't play 20h per week in this game anymore. Because without the BiS legendaries, there is often no point of competing at all.
    doing that should more or less give you one per month on average since 7.2ish. which if you didn't main swap should mean you have most for one spec by now.

like my guildie who literally only logged in for raids for 75% of the expansion is about at that level.