Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please no more artifact/new crafted weapons. Just destroy our AW at the end of Legion story and let us pick up "weird green drop". I don't like Legion AW concept and hope they drop it in new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Use our arms as swords?
    Baraka says hi! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Please no more artifact/new crafted weapons. Just destroy our AW at the end of Legion story and let us pick up "weird green drop". I don't like Legion AW concept and hope they drop it in new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

why you did not like in the weapon system now? i agree about the AP farm, it' really a burden but the rest is fine (for me)

however they phase them out the need to think of a way to replace all the power its going to feel like you are loosing with the weapon gone.

they would pretty much have to just build all the abilities into your class as standard...maybe not all of them. but imagine loosing the weapon right now. it would feel like a lot is missing. Its not going to be like replacing a piece of loot with a better blue or even green. The weapons are just integrated completely into the class design.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2017-08-25 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Crafting your own weapon just doesn't make sense for all classes, to me. I can see a Warrior or Rogue doing that, but I can't envision a Mage all that motivated to craft a staff. Or a Demonology Warlock to write a book or assemble a... skull, or w/e they use. I dunno, just feels forced on a few classes. Also going from Doomhammer to a crafted mace would feel cringeworthy on a Shaman, to give another example. Of course I'm just talking about class fantasy things. Naming our own weapon is kinda cool, I guess, but you'd get people naming their weapon "Anal Probe" and shit like that. Kinda makes me doubt Blizzard would allow that sort of thing on WoW. Plus, with custom named weapons, that'd be weird if all the weapons looked the same but with different names.
    While I wholeheartedly agree about the issues with naming (especially on PvP servers) of artifact type weapons, they could offer an naming template type situation. You could select up to 3 parts that would combine for a name with a suffix title option as well. It would be like:

[Prefix][Root][Suffix][,<title prefix> of][the <title suffix>]

So in the case of Doomhammer, you'd have "Doom" being the prefix, "hammer" the root, with no Suffix, no title prefix and no title suffix, while Shadow priests would get "Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire" with "Xal" being the prefix, " 'atath" being the root, "Blade" being the title prefix" and "Black Empire" being the title suffix, with no name suffix.

It would give, say, 10-15 options for each part so you could customize. In this manner, you would have (with 15 options each), 759,375 combinations of names for that given weapon. Obviously, the options available would be different based on the weapon. You would not have "blade" as a prefix option for a mace, obviously. But it would give a framework/template to customize your name without getting a staff named, as your example, "Anal Probe".

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So maybe Mage wasn't the best example. Can you really see a Boomkin slaving away, flapping its wings, to craft a weapon? I mean, it just doesn't seem like it would be all that important for some classes. If I were actually a shape-shifting being, a dagger would be the least of my priorities, especially crafting one? Just feels super flimsy. I'm over-analyzing, no doubt.
    Why would a Druid, in Moonkin form, need to 'slave away, flapping it's wings, to craft a weapon'? Since Druid's can routinely shapeshift, and the intent of the Moonkin form is to become closer to Elune in an effort to channel her power as force, what's stopping the druid from roaming around Azeroth, collecting essential components for a weapon directly representative of the shapeshifting ritual's intent, and using that? Harvesting a Twig from the World tree, feathers from the wild (harvested humanely, of course #druids), and various other items that would serve the intent?

Over analyzing? Perhaps, but what you're initially using for your analysis is inherently flawed anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just end up baking them into our abilities and cutting what think will be overpowered with any new talent adjustments. Would be cool if they took on a talent tree-like point spending approach but I don't see that happening either.

I would like to keep my main's art weapon but I don't begrudge anyone who wants to have a different weapon type than they have been limited to during Legion. I am going to hate losing Xal's whispers. I had hoped they would continue the Art system itself and just intro alternative types (for instance Holy Priests could get an artifact Mace/Book combo if they didn't want the staff but all traits would not be any different) while resetting the "trees" on the Artifacts themselves. Switching back to bop weapon drops from mobs etc feels like a big step backward.

I'd like the first questline starting the next xpac to absorb the power of our artifacts, teaching us the important traits and skills provided by our weapons, Then rewards a depleted version of our current artifact which is basically a generic blue quest rewards but sufficiently high ilvl that it would be better than any artifact available. I'd like to see the relic system continued and improved next xpac too, but I'm not sure how. Perhaps have both weapons and relics drop, but realistically only have about one available weapon for each spec, but also have equivalent crafted weapons available each tier.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So maybe Mage wasn't the best example. Can you really see a Boomkin slaving away, flapping its wings, to craft a weapon? I mean, it just doesn't seem like it would be all that important for some classes. If I were actually a shape-shifting being, a dagger would be the least of my priorities, especially crafting one? Just feels super flimsy. I'm over-analyzing, no doubt.
    ... Well NOW I can

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Obviously the new weapons will be even more powerful lore-wise and gameplay-wise will require even more grind to master.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    why you did not like in the weapon system now? i agree about the AP farm, it' really a burden but the rest is fine (for me)
    First is AP. Second - you bonded to one weapon type for whole expansion. Yeah there tmog but what if you elem and wanna tmog staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    First is AP. Second - you bonded to one weapon type for whole expansion. Yeah there tmog but what if you elem and wanna tmog staff?
    ok i see, i agree but if you can craft the weapon you want and recraft it like you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    i really want a system like the LOTRO one, you have to xp a weapon like now in wow, but you can destroy it and re use the componnent + some rare item + choose some bonus and creat your own weapon. you can also name it. that's cool
    But this wont happen, because its like reforging. Everyone will just use an addon to create the best weapon, and thats that. Unless the bonuses act like the lefendary system, except they dont increase dps/hps/defense. Like giving monks extra roll charges, or giving warriors an extra charge charge..charge....charge.....Then everyone can have a bonus that fits how they like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post
    This sounds really interesting, kinda thing i had in mind also naming a weapon would be cool! would make it unique too
    Until 500000 people all have a weapon named after a penis, constantly linking it in trade chat.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

Until 500000 people all have a weapon named after a penis, constantly linking it in trade chat.
    this is a false problem, if a game free to play like Lotro can forbid this i am sure bliz can do too. for the rest creat a weapon should maybe give a choise bewteen some spells to improve like the future thing on argus with the relics. this bring some customization for our weapon you can for exemple choose between +650 mastery or +3% on X spell. i think bliz use this with the argus patch as a test. we'll see.
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2017-08-25 at 04:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    This is a cornerstone of MMORPGs...
    Okay but it's a pain in ass running same boss over and over not having a weapon upgrade you need drop.. i know most all is personal loot but if they go back to the weapons off bosses in place of our artifact the drop rates will have to be adjusted no-one likes getting only gold off a boss that drives people away from doing dungeons and raids which is why i agree with how the system currently is.. at least when i kill the bosses i know im not just getting gold but a buff rune and some artifact power and if they do change us up away from artifact weapons im sure hoping they have same sort of thing in place i hate getting 23 gold on a boss that cant buy me any gear now can it?? maybe if i ran it 100000 times maybe.. sorry for the tldr.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Okay but it's a pain in ass running same boss over and over not having a weapon upgrade you need drop.. i know most all is personal loot but if they go back to the weapons off bosses in place of our artifact the drop rates will have to be adjusted no-one likes getting only gold off a boss that drives people away from doing dungeons and raids which is why i agree with how the system currently is.. at least when i kill the bosses i know im not just getting gold but a buff rune and some artifact power and if they do change us up away from artifact weapons im sure hoping they have same sort of thing in place i hate getting 23 gold on a boss that cant buy me any gear now can it?? maybe if i ran it 100000 times maybe.. sorry for the tldr.
    Any raiding guild will use master loot to get people gear for at least the first few months, dungeon drops are just part of the experience. The reason the RNG exists is because it keeps people running the content, relics dropping for our weapons is no different.

Deleted
    I rather have them destroy the artifact weapons and in the next exp pack you reforge the shards into a new racial based weapon back at your capital.

Tauren totem weapon here we come!

go back to weapon drops. AP grinds or things alike fucking blow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I see the Blizzard mind control has sufficiently removed more of the RPG in WoW from player's minds... how sad.
    Not really im glad i dont have to argue with players can i have this item i love personal loot that was best thing blizzard did.. means no more dice roll shafting.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The Boomkin wouldn't be flapping its wing. It would hold its wings to its temples channelling the power of Elune into a branch of a sacred tree or something.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.