Unholy DK Question

I thought i saw somewhere that there was a stat cap on haste (20%) but i cant find it anywhere.
    Which one should I follow Raidbots or AMR? They are showing me to different results.
    My in game name is Biba on Thrall.

When I sim my self on Raidbot it tells me
    (
    Str
    Mastery
    Crit
    Haste
    Vers
    )

When I use AMR it is telling me to re-gem and enchant to Haste saying Haste>=Mastery>Crit>Vers

The below is my Raidbots report. I had to take of the beginning of the link since i cant post them.
    raidbots.com/simbot/report/vG5gaEUTHeQPQWVamvr1ZV

My opinion, You want at least 20% haste to smooth out the rotation, if you can get more haste without sacrificing damage then go for it. right now, STR & MASTERY are going to give you the best damage increase. I would use a str gem and rest mastery gems if you have the slots and enchant mastery. As you get new gear you will need to sim to see what changes.

Do not use AMR....
    Last edited by KorbineDallas; 2017-08-31 at 05:25 PM. Reason: i can't spell

Deleted
    I'd say 20% haste. If you're at 20%, you wanna get as much mastery as possible.

I main unholy DK. With the build I sim the highest, I went 16% haste and 77% mastery.
    Now I'm at 87% mastery and 24%.. I sim like 50k less, but the rotation is SO MUCH smoother.

20-21% haste just make the rotation feel smoother and less reliant on Sudden Doom procs and after that it value start to drop, but still the more haste you have the smoother the rotation will be and youll spam DCs faster. There are really high parses with either 14% haste and 25% haste. Its more like a matter of preference.

25% haste seems to be where the stat takes another jump and is where DK's are being recommended to aim for. Testing this myself I have lost a few % of mastery to hit 25% and can't tell a huge difference between the two so if you have the gear for higher haste go for that but if not just stick with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by bunglehaze View Post
    25% haste seems to be where the stat takes another jump and is where DK's are being recommended to aim for. Testing this myself I have lost a few % of mastery to hit 25% and can't tell a huge difference between the two so if you have the gear for higher haste go for that but if not just stick with mastery.
    I had an unholy friend where we had the same talents and were doing roughly the same damage. And then I got more Ilvl with more haste (because my character is a mix of blood / unholy, and i'm too lazy to change the gear) while my friend swapped some of his gear for more mastery : I had like 28% haste and 6-7 more ilvl than him, and yet he did better damage than me.
    If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's better to stack mastery after 25% haste. I think it's useless to have more haste past this point, unless you're planning to play blood aswell (wouldn't recommend it).

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I had an unholy friend where we had the same talents and were doing roughly the same damage. And then I got more Ilvl with more haste (because my character is a mix of blood / unholy, and i'm too lazy to change the gear) while my friend swapped some of his gear for more mastery : I had like 28% haste and 6-7 more ilvl than him, and yet he did better damage than me.
    If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's better to stack mastery after 25% haste. I think it's useless to have more haste past this point, unless you're planning to play blood aswell (wouldn't recommend it).
    Yes, this appears to be the case - 25-26% haste (at 26% the 13th DA shot seems to be consistently achieved) and then stack mastery. I haven't tested the difference between 25% and over 26% as I have about 25.2% so am just using data from the DK discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 9% haste and mastery still sims much higher. Haste feels good, but it might not be the best stat for ST for you.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I have 9% haste and mastery still sims much higher. Haste feels good, but it might not be the best stat for ST for you.
    At 9% you aren't close to the first breakpoint of 13% (or could be 15%) that would see much difference. the big jumps appear to be at 10% intervals so I would hazard a guess and say it's 15% as the others are 25% and 35%

I took my haste up from 19% to 25%+ and dropped mastery from 89% to 78% with my DPS holding fairly similar between the two but now obviously less optimally setup for secondaries as I did this to see for myself if it made a difference. I would think that with the right gear in 7.3.0 getting haste up to 25% plus managing to stack mastery back up a bit more it would be a DPS boost and improve rotation playability too.